ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Ancestors death record  (läst 1134 gånger)

2000-09-16, 03:04
läst 1134 gånger

Joyce Todd

Frans Gustaf Oskar Pettersson was born 14 December 1851, Askersund and died according to
family tradition by drowning 25 December 1891.  He was living in 1891 in Ljusnarsberg parish,  
Orebro lan.  Letters from widow  Mathilda Augusta Vilhelmina Pettersson early 1900's give her address as Kyrkbacken, Margretelund. It is indicated she had moved since widowhood, and believed died between 1914-1919.
Can anyone help me, please.

2001-05-16, 23:45
Svar #1

Kay Engman

Joyce-  What type of help are you requesting?

2001-05-26, 19:01
Svar #2

Joyce Todd

Hello Kay,
I must have been up late when I posted, it was so vague! I am looking for the death date of
Mathilda Pettersson nee Schutz.  Last residence known No. 2 Krykbacken,Ljusnarsberg,  Örebro.  The last letter from Sweden to US from her daughter who did not emigrate was dated 191? illegible.  It says the doctor  said it is her heart and she will not carry through long.  However, letters from the administratorof her estate to America are dated 1922.  He was in Ljusnarsberg.  Her death date is not mentioned, so I don't know when she died.  There were 4 of her children in America, but one was not found for a long time (years maybe)  so that all could sign and the estate be settled.  
The church records Ljusnarsberg only go to 1896, so I am stuck.  
 I  want information about her death date and burial place.

Sorry I did not see your response sooner.
Regards,

Joyce Todd

2004-09-16, 18:06
Svar #3

Utloggad Erick Olofsson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 80
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-02-26, 16:26
    • Visa profil
Lookup Please
Looking for Death Certificate with information on my Grandmother Cristina (Kristina) Gudmunddotter and or Gunnesdotter) lived in Markaryd Parish, Kronoberg lan, Smaland. she was born 3/25/1825, married to Olof Petersson on Alsonderup, Denmark raised 8 children in that area.  
I am especialy interested in finding who her parents were.  
Thank you.

2004-09-21, 11:10
Svar #4

Jan Ek (Janek)

Hi Erick,

I might be out on deep water here, this part of Sweden is not my speciality, but since you haven't got any answer from the local gurus, here goes. (I count on being corrected if this is wrong)

From what I can see, in Markaryd parish a large portion of church records were destroyed by fire, birth records between 1716-1860 being among them. So that will not be a possible way. The good news is the household examination rolls are intact for the whole period as far as I can see. But reading through the entire book for the year is not something I can take on. Had you known the name of the farm ...

Then there is a database produced by local genealogists, you can read about it here, and as far as I can see her death is maybe possible to find there. Provided she dies after 1861 when books again are available, and included in the database. But with eight children that should be the case, right?

Other than contacting the genealogy society of Kronoberg and ask for help, you can try first to reproduce your question in the lookup-thread at this forum for the CD-version of the database. English is just fine. Maybe her death can be found that way, and by learning where she lived at the time of death, she can be backtracked in the yearly examination rolls.

The third possibility is to post the question under the parish thread here, hoping that someone has information about her, maybe having her included in their own research. English is just fine here too.

Good luck!
Jan

2004-12-25, 04:20
Svar #5

Julrene Thornberg

I am Looking for the family members of my great grandfather Nils John (Perrson) Thornberg. He was born Oct. 13, 1859 in Hardeberga,Malmohus,Sweden. He died about 1937.
He was a blacksmith for the King as his job. The king changed his name from Nils Perrson to Thornberg. His brother was working for the king as his carriage driver.I don't know his first name. I guess the king changed his name cause of the class statis.His wife was Hanna ( Olson) Thornberg. Girls names were Sigrid, Olga, Iva Ingeborg, Ester. Hipe you can help me find these people.
Julrene Thornberg

2004-12-25, 22:45
Svar #6

Utloggad Sven-Ove Brattström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3276
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-09, 14:25
  • Bilden är gammal, mera rynkor nu :)
    • Visa profil
Hi Julrene!
Nils fathers name was farmer Per Persson and his mothers name was Sofia Setterström. They lived at a farm in Rögle, Hardeberga (M). I can assure you that the Swedish king were not involved at all. The name Thornberg however, exists at least 100 years earlier in the county Värmland here in Sweden as a familyname. Most members of the family I refer to were hammersmiths. I do not know if they were Nils ancestestors or not, but it is not so common as a familyname - so I judge the changes for that as beeing pretty good.
As in most european countries, the king of Sweden have had no authority as a single person to decide in common matters since the end of the 16th century. And that rules for even small matters as a surname as well.
I shall see tomorrow if I can find more information for you Julrene.
Until then, I wish you a merry christmas !
Sven-Ove
Brattis (före 2004 Linewizard) = Sven-Ove Brattström

2004-12-26, 14:31
Svar #7

Utloggad Anna Persson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1299
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-06, 11:35
    • Visa profil
Hi Julrene,
I had a look at the 1890 Swedish population 1890 CD and this is what I found:

Post 2004256

Nils Persson Tornberg
Born 1859 in Hardeberga (Malmöhus county, Skåne)

Living at:
Flyinge Kungsgård
Södra Sandby (Malmöhus county, Skåne)
More information about Flyinge here:
http://flyinge.se/

Birthplace: Hardeberga

He was married to:
Hanna Olsdotter
Born 1860 in Högseröd (Malmöhus county, Skåne)
Birthplace: Höxeröd M. l.

Their children:
- Female: Sigrid, born 1886 in Södra Sandby (Malmöhus län, Skåne).
- Male: Gösta Sigfrid, born 1888 in Södra Sandby (Malmöhus län, Skåne).
- Female: Olga born 1890 in Södra Sandby (Malmöhus län, Skåne).

Best regards
Anna

2004-12-27, 04:44
Svar #8

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Well, I don't think the King personally bothered about changing the name of a stablehand or even a smith. But this man worked at a state stud - which equates to a royal estate - and probably they gave him a surname, just like the Army would have done. And so, if you dramatize it a little and tell your grandchildren stories about the old country, you'd naturally say that the King gave you your new name.
By this time I've learnt that there is usually a kernel of truth in family stories (except for the ones about Royal/noble descent).

Ingela

2004-12-27, 11:34
Svar #9

Utloggad Sven-Ove Brattström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3276
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-09, 14:25
  • Bilden är gammal, mera rynkor nu :)
    • Visa profil
Hi Julrene!
Nils also had these children:
daughter  Iva Ingeborg    1892 june 12
daughter  Elvira Magnhild 1894 april 30
    son   Nils Johan      1896 may 12
daughter  Ester Kristina  1898 may 17
perhaps they had more children, I have only checked the records till 1899.

Sven-Ove
Brattis (före 2004 Linewizard) = Sven-Ove Brattström

2005-07-18, 15:12
Svar #10

aviatorc9

I am looking for the death record of Axel A.Johansson in Hudiksvall. And is it possible to find out who the person was that took charge of the body or how the body was buried. He was married to my gr great aunt,She died 1929 in Minnesota,but he returned to Sweden and died 1944 but I like to see where I can find it.

Thank you

Meryth

2005-07-18, 18:36
Svar #11

Utloggad Christina Backman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 833
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-04-22, 18:01
    • Visa profil
Try  writing to thelocal kyrkogårdsförvaltning . I don?t imagine there is more than one in Hudiksvall and even if there is, it is likely that cemeteries in the same town will have a common register in a data base. Give the date and place of birth of Axel and the exact date of his death (if you have it). For good measure you can add that of his parents as there may be a family grave.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna