ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Emigraten CD Look Up Please  (läst 716 gånger)

2005-05-28, 19:17
läst 716 gånger

Stephanie

Hej!  My Swedish research is a bit rusty, but a friend needs some help with hers.  She is a bit sketchy on the details, but there may be enough here to find them.

Johan Theodor Lenander (son of Ola P Lenander & Anna) was born about 1861 in Malmo and immigrated 1888 to the US.  A sister and brother (Emma?  Elof? Richard?) immigrated 1892.

His wife (married in US?) Ida (daughter of Jons Hansson & Johanna Petersdotter) was born about 1863 in Malmo and immigrated 1892.  Her sister Clara immigrated in 1902.

Can anyone find these records?  I would really like to have better dates and places so I can help my friend further.

For additional info.  Johan's father, Ola P Lenander died in Ronneby, Bleiking.

For Ida's parents, her father Jons Hansson died 1873 and was born about 8 Apr 1825 and he married Johanna Petersdotter 1857 or 8 in Malmo (Caroli?)  Johanna was born Dec 1830 in Simrishamn, Skåne and this was likely her second marriage.  Her mother was Ingrid Peterson and in Asarum, Blekinge in 1887.

With all this, I think I should be able to help her get further back in her research.

Thank you very much for any help!!

2005-05-28, 19:44
Svar #1

Stephanie

To add to this, I just found the family in the 1900 census in Clayton, Polk County, Wisconsin (though they had ties to New Jersey).

Johan was listed as born June 1861 and immigrated in 1880.
Ida born May 1859 and immigrated 1883?
All children born in Wisconsin and oldest was born in 1889, married about 1886.

There is another family in 1900 in New Jersey and I think they are cousins:  Johanna b Sep 1848 and son John b July 1877 and this Lenander family immigrated in 1886.

2005-05-29, 11:03
Svar #2

Utloggad Olle Andersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1081
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-03-22, 19:32
    • Visa profil
Stephanie!

Just to tell I have started to investigate new to this so nice to have a actual case to work on!

Starting point:

I found two bothers Lenander in the 1880-1900 records.
Bleckslageges. Johan Theodor Lenander 1862 Sep 20 Caroli
Murare Richard Elof Lenander 1864 Nov 25 Malmö.

The Johan Theodor record states Amerika 17/11 84
There is also references to 94...

The actual record:

And here Johan Theodors birth record with parents:

I will look further now when I have firm/correct date.

I guess there will be a lot of information to share, so perhaps direct e-mail correspondance!?

2005-05-29, 16:27
Svar #3

Stephanie

Wow!  Thank you, I certainly appreciate this help.  I knew it shouldn't be too hard to find more information.  I'm glad I could provide you with an actual case!  

steph_carson@yahoo.com

2005-05-30, 11:29
Svar #4

Marie Johnson

Hi,

http://www.ddss.nu/

-> English -> databases -> (Scroll down to)
-> Birth records for Malmö
-> Sök i Malmö stadsarkivs födelseböcker

Barnets namn: Ida Nathalia

Moderns namn: Johanna Petersdotter

Faderns namn: Jöns Hansson

Faderns ort:  N. 54 S.F.

Arkiv:        Malmö S:t Petri CI:8

Datum:        1863-09-02

With Kind Regards

2005-06-04, 16:07
Svar #5

Stephanie

Marie,
Thank you very much!  Very much appreciated.  I put Olle in touch with my friend.  I believe he is enjoying a real case to do research on!  I believe my friend will have her full tree quite soon.

By the way, the US John Lenander's I found are NOT hers.  So, two others with similar info.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna