ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Elfsborgslan??  (läst 1017 gånger)

1999-11-19, 16:29
läst 1017 gånger

x

We are looking for family from Mo, Elfsborgslan.  Grandmother Maria Victoria Anderson, b 22 (or 12) Jan 1855, and her mother Stina (Christina) Hendricksdotter, b 12 Feb 1827.  

Is Mo a city, village, parish or what?  Where is Elfsborgslan?  

Thanks for your help

David Clark

PS -- Can someone tell me what goes into the boxes below labeled, Anvandarnamm and Losenord.  One seems to call for a name, the other is a mystery to me.  Sorry, but I don't know Swedish at all.

1999-11-19, 18:07
Svar #1

Utloggad John Winblad von Walter

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 250
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-12-01, 22:05
    • Visa profil
Hello David!

Mo is a parish in Älvsborg län, Älvsborg, being the modern spelling for Elfsborg.  A län is roughly the equivalent of a U.S. county.  Älvsborg län lies on Sweden's west coast near its southern border with Norway.

You already know the most important things for further research on your ancestors:  The parish (Mo), the län(Älvsborg), their names and their birthdates.  Maria Viktoria may be called Andersdotter in the parish records. From any Mormon genealogical branch library (Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints, sometimes called LDS) you can order at minimal price the microfilm of your parish church records to find your ancestors further back in time.  The most important records for you to search at this time would be the birth records (födelse och döp), and the clerical survey (husförhörslängd).

As to your P.S. For Användarnamn (user name) put your own name.  För lösenord (password, nickname, or catchword) you could use, for example, Dave.

1999-11-19, 18:09
Svar #2

Utloggad Carl-Johan Ivarsson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 807
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-23, 18:39
    • Visa profil
David!
The place Mo you are referring to is a parish in the province of Dalsland in western Sweden. Mo belonged to the county (län) of Älvsborg (Elfsborg) until 1997.  
I don't know how familiar you are with the Swedish geography, but Dalsland is situated between the Norwegian border and the Lake Vänern. Mo is in the northern part of Dalsland, close to neighboring Värmland. It is close to the town of Åmål.
You are supposed to put your name in the box labeled Användarnamn - and you can forget Lösenord.

1999-11-19, 21:15
Svar #3

Utloggad Carl-Johan Ivarsson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 807
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-23, 18:39
    • Visa profil
I have to say that John is not correct about Älvsborgs län being on the West Coast of Sweden - Mo parish is much closer to Lake Vänern than to the West Coast.
However, you don't need a password to enter Anbytarforum - it is open to everybody. You only use that box if you are a Registered User.

1999-11-21, 20:57
Svar #4

Utloggad Carina Ohlsson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 195
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-02-23, 15:37
    • Visa profil
Hello David - I looked up your family in the churchbooks for Mo. Maja (probably changed to Maria Victoria in America) born January 22, 1855 in Mo parish. Her parents were Anders Andersson born June, 3 1830 in Tveta parish (province: Värmland) and Stina Hendriksdotter born February 12, 1827 in Mo. Their other children: Christina born November 6, 1853 - Betty born June 16, 1857 - Gustafva born October 1, 1859. The family left for America in 1870. / Carina

1999-12-13, 03:46
Svar #5

David

Thank you all very much for your kind help.

We are slowly filling in the blanks.  My cousin (whose great-great grandparents are Anders Anderson and Stina Hendricksdotter) tells me that family oral history always said that Maria Victoria had three sisters, and it looks like she did!  They all came here to America -- Minnesota, then Iowa (some of them), and California, some of them.  Now, when I look at my mother's family picture album and see Aunt Stava, I know it is Gustava, born in Mo.  The same with Aunt Betty, who also was known as Bertha.  

Carina, words do not convey my gratitude to you.  Thank you ever so much for taking the time to help.  Is there any way to get copies of the Church records you looked at?  How about a marriage certificate?  I suspect the couple got married in Tveta, where the groom was born, but who knows.    

David

2000-01-05, 23:04
Svar #6

Utloggad Carina Ohlsson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 195
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-02-23, 15:37
    • Visa profil
Hi David  
- sorry for the delay. I'll see if can get the copy machine for microfilms to work. It's an old bad one.... Maybe you could e-mail me your postal adress?  
Carina

2000-02-08, 23:54
Svar #7

Carol Lyberg

I have been looking for info on  

Anders Gustaf Swanson B.3-11-1869 in Sundsval(I know it would be easier if I knew the parish.)
Came into the USA May 17, 1893.  Married Hannah
(Johanna) Person in Sundsval in 1891.
Seven Children:  Arthur, Gunnard, Esther, Nancy,  
Ellen.  One child died.  All Children were born in the USA. (I Think)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2000-02-09, 17:13
Svar #8

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
He ought to have been a Svensson in Sweden. I could not find a match for him in 1893 in the database Emigranten, searching for all Svenssons from Västernorrland county, which is where Sundsvall is, but he could have travelled from Norway. I also tried searching in other ways.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna