ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Searching for ship name and entry port 1869  (läst 613 gånger)

2008-02-15, 06:59
läst 613 gånger

Utloggad Larry Danielson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 19
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-06-25, 17:19
    • Visa profil
So far I've been unsuccessful using the EmiHamn data base in Ancestry.com to locate the ship name and arrival port for Nils Gustaf Krig (born 1831), wife Lena Sofia, and sons, Sven Edvard and Johan Viktor, emigrating from Tuna, Kalmar län, Småland, in 1869, departure port Göteborg, destination Galva/Chicago.  The EmiHamn information provided me spells the last name as Kric and the Amibas spells it as Vrig.  I have yet to learn what the ship's name was and what its port of entry was, an important puzzle piece in my research.  The EmiHamn archive number is 2:241:1844, and the Emibas migration file ID is Tuna H 1869 #049, #050, #051, and #052. I'm especially interested in the passenger list so I can verify that Johan Viktor arrived in the U.S. with his family.   Any help in locating this information would be much appreciated.

2008-02-15, 07:10
Svar #1

Utloggad Eva Dahlberg

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4039
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-12, 18:31
    • Visa profil
Larry, Emihamn and Emibas only supply exit data, when leaving Sweden, and not any entry data into the US. You need to search for example the passenger lists of Castle Garden in New York, or Boston - both available in some Ancestry subscription programmes.

regards,
Eva

2008-02-15, 09:51
Svar #2

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Larry, you can also contact The Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center in Rock Island, Illinois, and ask them to check the records of the Messiah Lutheran Church, the local Swedish-American church in Galva, whose records start in 1869. The Swenson has the following web site: http://www.augustana.edu/swenson/

2008-02-15, 09:57
Svar #3

Utloggad Karin Ekeroth

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 674
  • Senast inloggad: 2012-01-29, 22:10
    • Visa profil
Larry,
Have you looked into this piece of information? There might be some info on what happened to Johan Viktor. The book should be available through some library. Maybe Ask a librarian

Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s  
about N. G. Krig  
Name: N. G. Krig  
Year: 1878  
Place: Illinois  
Source Publication Code: 2055  
Primary Immigrant: Krig, N G  
Source Bibliography: THE FIRST FORTY YEARS: NATURALIZATION RECORDS FROM SALINE COUNTY, KS, 1866-1906. Compiled by Smoky Valley Genealogical Society and Library. Salina, Kans.: the compiler, 1984. 121p.  
Page: 73

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna