ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Mattson Charles born 1866 emigrated 1886 t US  (läst 851 gånger)

2007-06-14, 05:20
läst 851 gånger

Karen Lillrose

I am looking for charles Mattson that emigrated to the US in 1886.  He was born in 1866, he married after moving to the US to Emma.  I believe he had a younger brother that moved with him, they both show up in the US Census in 1890 and in the 1910 Census in Denver Colorado.  Can anyone help me find where he was from or more info on the emigration from Sweden.

2007-06-14, 06:19
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Do you know the name of the younger brother? (I suppose you do since you found him in two censuses.)It is hard to search for people with such common names when we have few clues. ;-)

I see two men with the same last name emigrating from their parish on the same date. One is Carl, a name often Americanized to Charles. He was born in 1867 and not 1866, however, and they left in 1887, not 1886. This is a longshot since the cd I'm using is only 75% complete and nothing matches exactly. You will probably have to find more clues.

The vast majority of the 1890 U.S. Census burned in a fire. Do you perhaps mean the 1900 U.S. Census? If so, that census provides a month and year of birth.

Emibas:

Emibas was made from registrations in the Swedish parish to go to a foreign country.

Bondson = son of a farmer. Län = county.

Post 372657

Mattisson, Carl Johan
Bondson (unmarried man)

b. 7/18/1867 in Asarum, Blekinge län (Blekinge)

Emigrated 12/23/1887
from Långasjönäs 86, Asarum, Blekinge län (Blekinge)
to Amerika

Source: Household Examination Roll, p. 639

Emibas migration file ID: Asarum K 1887 040

Post 372659

Mattisson, August
Bondson (unmarried man)

b. 12/20/1869 in Asarum, Blekinge län (Blekinge)

Emigrated 12/23/1887
from Långasjönäs 86, Asarum, Blekinge län (Blekinge)
to Amerika

Source: Household Examination Roll, p. 639

Emibas migration file ID: Asarum K 1887 039

I have no idea if these two are yours. I checked Emihamn, which was made from registrations with the Swedish port police before leaving Sweden. This appears to be the same people except now Carl is called Carolina,the son of a farmer is now called the daughter of a farmer, and the original two year difference in age has become a four year difference in age. It is obvious that there is an error somewhere and the parish records need to be checked.(I suppose it is also possible that these are two separate pairs of people and that the ones found on Emibas didn't use a Swedish port when they left. Swedes often used ports in Norway, Denmark, and Germany, for example.)

First name: CAROLINA
Last name: MATTISSON
Parish: ASARUM     County: K
Title/Note: BONDD
Port: MALMÖ
Date: 1888 02 23
Destination: NEW YORK
Fellows: JA
Source: 1888:70:3108

First name: AUGUST
Last name: MATTISSON
Parish: ASARUM     County: K
Title/Note: BONDS
Port: MALMÖ
Date: 1888 02 23
Destination: NEW YORK
Fellows: JA
Source: 1888:70:3108

Try the Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center to find more clues. They have a website but their extensive record collection is not online.

http://www.augustana.edu/swenson/

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna