ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Frances Alvina Larson and her brother John Larson  (läst 1819 gånger)

2007-04-29, 00:34
läst 1819 gånger

Margaretha Johansson

Hello! Could anyone help me with information about Frances Larson, born on the 31st of August1913 i Kitsap, Washington. Her father?s name was John Oscar Larson, her mother?s name was Alvina Rosander/Larson. Could anyone help me to find out if she married and got children? Maybe it is too close in time to find out? And about her brother; John Larson, born on the 6th of October 1916. Did he get married and had children? Maybe not possible to find out about them? What can I do to try to trace them? Anybody out there who can help me? They are related to me - way back, but I would be so happy if I could get in touch with some/one of their descendents!
Margaretha Johansson

2007-04-29, 02:14
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
This is an interesting obituary, which mentions Kitsap (but says she was born in Waterman, Washington) and she had immigrant Swedish parents. The birthdate of this Frances matches but her birthplace does not. I found this on Ancestry.com . Perhaps she is yours but if she left Washington State, then there are lots of other Frances hits with the same birthdate. There is no mention of a brother in this obituary.
----------------------------------------------
Name of Deceased: Frances A. Finholm  
Age at Death: 91  
Birth Date: abt 1914  
Death Date: 16 May 2005  
Newspaper Title: Peninsula Gateway, The  
Newspaper Location: Gig Harbor, WA, Us  
Obituary Publication Date: 27 May 2005  
Locations Mentioned in Obituary: AZ; Gig Harbor; Waterman, WA  
Other Persons Mentioned in Obituary: Ronald J. Finholm; John Finholm; Sharon; Teddi D. Hester; Monte E. Hester  

Source Citation: Newspaper: Peninsula Gateway, The; Publication Date: 27 May 2005; Publication Place: Gig Harbor , WA , Us..

Frances A. Finholm

Frances Finholm, 91, passed away Monday, May 16, after a short illness. She was born of immigrant Swedish parents on Aug. 31, 1913, at Waterman, Wash., and graduated from South Kitsap High School. Married Sept. 1, 1934, to the late John Finholm, one of the founding fathers of Gig Harbor and original owner of Finholm?s Market and Grocery. She was active in many community and education organizations and owned a dress shop in the early 1940s along with helping her husband operate their North Gig Harbor business organizations. Frances was an active member over the years at the Peninsula Lutheran Church and had many friends who knew her as a loving and caring person. Following retirement Frances and John enjoyed time with family, gardening and winters in Arizona.  

She is survived by her son Ronald J. Finholm and wife Sharon; daughter Teddi D. Hester and husband Monte E. Hester; seven grandchildren and 17 great-grandchildren.  

A funeral service was held Friday, May 20 at Haven of Rest Memorial Park where she is interred. Remembrances can be made to the American Heart Association or Victory Lutheran Church, PO Box 25270, Yuma, AZ. 85367, or any charity of choice.

She is on the Social Security Death Index. I used the Advanced Search on this site. I entered only Frances and her birthdate.

http://ssdi.rootsweb.com/

Name Birth Death Last Residence Last Benefit SSN Issued  

FRANCES A FINHOLM  31 Aug 1913 16 May 2005 (V) 98335 (Gig Harbor, Pierce, WA) (none specified) 532-46-8056 Washington  

You can order her application for Social Security. That application names parents, including the mother's maiden name. It costs $27. Send the following letter.

Date of request: 28 Apr 2007  

Social Security Administration
OEO FOIA Workgroup
300 N. Green Street
P.O. Box 33022
Baltimore, Maryland 21290-3022

Please send me a photocopy of the actual application for a Social Security card (Form SS-5--Social Security Number Record Third Party Request for Photocopy) filed by the person listed below.

I obtained this information from the Social Security Death Master file at RootsWeb.com, Inc. who obtained it from the Social Security Death Master file, originally compiled by the Social Security Administration.

My understanding is that the fee is $27, when the Social Security number is provided or $29 if the Social Security number is unknown or incorrect. Enclosed is a check or money order for $___________, made payable to the Social Security Administration.

Thank you for your assistance.

FINHOLM, FRANCES A  
532-46-8056  
Birth: 31 Aug 1913  
Death: 16 May 2005  

Sincerely,  

Address:

Daytime Phone Number:

I don't see John on this Social Security Death Index.

This won't help you but I see the birth of John on this database on Ancestry.com .

Washington Births, 1907-1919  

Name: John Larson  
Birth Date: 6 Oct 1916  
Sex: Male  
Race: White  
Father's name: John Larson  
Mother's name: Alvina Rosander  
Image Filename: 3766  

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Washington Births, 1907-1919 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2007.  

Original data:  

Washington State Department of Health. Washington State Births 1907-1919. Washington, USA: Department of Health.

Here is the birth of Frances.

Name: Frances Alvina Larson  
Birth Date: 31 Aug 1913  
Sex: Female  
Father's name: John Oscar Larson  

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Washington Births, 1907-1919 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2007.  

Original data:  

Washington State Department of Health. Washington State Births 1907-1919. Washington, USA: Department of Health.

Judy

2007-04-29, 02:30
Svar #2

Walter Abramson

Margaretha:

After seeing Judy's post, I looked for a bit for John W. Larson and although it's a very common name, there is a Public Records that lists John W. Larson, b. 5 Oct 1916 and currently alive at age 90 (meaning  this record is from 2006). He is living in Portland Oregon (one state south of Washington) along with a Charlotte E. Larson (wife?) and a Walden Larson (no age given but perhaps their son). Their street address is listed as: 11830 SW King James Place, Portland, Oregon 97224

2007-04-29, 02:36
Svar #3

Walter Abramson

Actually, this public record simply lists the age of those listed IF they were alive as of this date.

2007-04-29, 07:46
Svar #4

Margaretha Johansson

Judy and Walter
Thanks a lot for your assistance! They had lived in Waterman before, from what I have found out. And both their parents were Swedish immigrants, their mother was a cousin to my father.
Thanks again, now I can try to get in touch with descendents, somehow!
Margaretha

2007-04-29, 20:19
Svar #5

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
It seems that John was John Walter and that he was called Walter instead of John. (That makes sense since the father was John.)

1930 United States Federal Census  

Name: Frances Larson  
Home in 1930: Waterman, Kitsap, Washington  
Estimated birth year: abt 1915  
Relation to Head of House: Daughter  
Father's name: John  
Mother's name: Alvina  

Household Members: Name Age  
John Larson 47  
Alvina Larson 45  
Frances Larson 15  
Walter Larson 14  

Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Waterman, Kitsap, Washington; Roll: 2506; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 52; Image: 691.0.

1920 United States Federal Census  

Name: Frances E Larson  
Home in 1920: Waterman, Kitsap, Washington  
Estimated birth year: abt 1914  
Birthplace: Washington  
Relation to Head of House: Daughter  
Father's name: John O  
Father's Birth Place: Sweden  
Mother's name: Elvina E  
Mother's Birth Place: Sweden  
Marital Status: Single  
Sex: Female  
Image: 1101  

John O Larson 37  
Elvina E Larson 35  
Frances E Larson 6  
John W Larson 3 3/12 (3 years, 3 months old)

Source Citation: Year: 1920;Census Place: Waterman, Kitsap, Washington; Roll: T625_1931; Page: 10A; Enumeration District: 63; Image: 1101.

I've tried to send you links to the actual images on Ancestry.com.

Judy

2007-04-29, 20:30
Svar #6

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
I wonder what happened to this child. He was probably not named, unless Larsson was also a given name, which I doubt. (I suppose it was possible.)

Name: Larson Larson  
Birth Date: 16 Jul 1912  
Sex: Male  
Father's name: John Oscar Larson  

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Washington Births, 1907-1919 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2007. Original data:  

I found Alvina Rosander in the 1910 U.S. Federal Census.

1910 United States Federal Census  

Name: Alvina Rosander  
Age in 1910: 25  
Estimated birth year: abt 1885  
Birthplace: Sweden  
Relation to Head of House: Servant  
Father's Birth Place: Sweden  
Mother's Birth Place: Sweden  
Home in 1910: Waterman, Kitsap, Washington  
Marital Status: Single  
Year of Immigration: 1907  

Mary Granberg 46  
Albert Granberg 15  
Alvina Rosander 25  

Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Waterman, Kitsap, Washington; Roll: T624_1662; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 229; Image: 712.

What details do you have on John Oscar Larsson to help find him in a census?

Judy

2007-04-29, 20:48
Svar #7

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
This might be your Alvina Rosander Larson on the Washington State Death Index.

Washington Death Index, 1940-1996  

Name: Alvina Larson  
Date of Death: 1 Jun 1948  
Place of Death: Bremerton  
Estimated birth year: abt 1885  
Certificate: 10177  
Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Washington Death Index, 1940-1996 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2002. Original data: Index created by: Washington State Department of Health. Microfilmed copy of index obtained from: Washington State Archives.

This might be the death record of John Oscar Larson.

Washington Death Index, 1940-1996  

Name: John O Larson  
Date of Death: 3 May 1947  
Place of Death: Bremerton  
Estimated birth year: abt 1883  
Certificate: 137  

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Washington Death Index, 1940-1996 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2002. Original data: Index created by: Washington State Department of Health. Microfilmed copy of index obtained from: Washington State Archives.

Judy

2007-04-29, 21:08
Svar #8

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
This seems to tell about the same Finholms. Frances is misspelled as Francis here. This article was written before Frances died.  

http://sydaby.eget.net/swe/jp_finholm.htm

Judy

2007-04-29, 21:14
Svar #9

Utloggad Margaretha Johansson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 533
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-09-14, 11:33
    • Visa profil
Thanks again Judy! Now I have even seen a photo of Frances, I googled on her name and the first site on the page had a photo of her and her husband! The internet is amazing!
Tack!!  
PS: I think that child Larson Larson must have died, I have tried to look for him and Larson Larson seems a strange name to call someone...
Thanks for your mails to me as well. You are really helping me so very much!  
Margaretha

2007-04-29, 21:53
Svar #10

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
I found that article and pictures (actually an old picture and a newer one) after you mentioned it. I think others might be interested. I really enjoyed her memories of the old days, and we get a real feeling of the kind of person she was. (Others who want to read this article will need to scroll down the page to find it.)

http://www.penlight.org/pdfs/newsletters/03_lights_OctNov.pdf

Frances was beautiful, even in her later years.

I agree that 'Larson' Larson must have died very young, before he was named.

I think this is a good possibility for your family, but to be sure, order the Social Security application mentioned earlier. That will provide the names of her parents.  

The Finholm family seems quite important in their area, so it should not be hard to find them if they stayed in Gig Harbor.

I agree that the internet is amazing.

Judy

2007-04-29, 22:00
Svar #11

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Frances Finholm was active in this church and I think you could contact the church and ask if they would put you in contact with family members who still survive.

http://www.plcplace.com/about_plc.htm

Judy

2007-04-29, 22:06
Svar #12

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
This is the website for the newspaper in which the obituary of Frances Finholm was placed. Perhaps you could write to the newspaper and tell them you are trying to get in touch with relatives. Maybe they would publish your story or letter and that might also be a way to get the attention of the descendants of Frances.

http://www.gateline.com/

This may very well work since you are Swedish and it would make a human interest story which newspapers often love to print. It is worth a try.

Judy

2007-04-29, 22:15
Svar #13

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
I suppose you could also contact the cemetery to see if they will help you find your relatives.

Haven of Rest Funeral Home Crematory & Cemetery  
Highway 16 W
Gig Harbor, WA 98329
Phone Number: (253) 851-9991  

Judy

2007-04-29, 22:23
Svar #14

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
This is a way to find phone numbers. Enter Finholm and Gig Harbor and you will see some names. Ronald J. (mentioned in the obituary) is one of them.

http://www.switchboard.com/swbd.main/dir/whitepage.htm?mem=1

Judy

2007-04-30, 01:01
Svar #15

Utloggad Margaretha Johansson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 533
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-09-14, 11:33
    • Visa profil
Judy! How can I thank you! There are no words! But I can only say: THANK YOU!!
Margaretha

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna