ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Emigrant Source Code-August Valentinsson 1867  (läst 817 gånger)

2007-03-21, 18:47
läst 817 gånger

Candace Roberts

I am looking for the Source Code from the emigration records for August Valentinsson. So far I have found he left from Axtorp Lunnag, Kinneved on 26th April 1867. I would imagine he sailed from Goteborg. I would like to trace his passage, but need this code to request information from Landsarkivet.

Your help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Candace Roberts

2007-03-21, 19:32
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Candace,

Those port records started about 1869, so he left too early for the information you want.

You already have the information that is listed on the Emibas CD (registrations in the Swedish parish to go to a foreign country).

Post 618688

Valentinsson, August
Hemmansägarson (unmarried man)

b. 12/30/1838 in Börstig, Skaraborgs län (Västergötland)

Emigrated 4/26/1867
from Axtorp Lunnag., Kinneved, Skaraborgs län (Västergötland)
to Nordamerika

Source: SVAR; Household Examination Roll, vol. Kinneved AI:7, p. 18; Migration Roll, vol. Kinneved B:2

Emibas migration file ID: Kinneved R 1867 001

Judy

2007-03-21, 21:33
Svar #2

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Before 1860 you had to have a passport to leave Sweden and in 1869 - just as Judy says - the port registration started. The passports issued before 1860 were of course recorded, but the period 1860-1868 is entirely unrecorded, we have no idea who left on what boat from which port (a state of chaos that of course scares every right-thinking, record-loving Swede - just 99,9% of the population - nearly to death).

Ingela

2007-03-21, 22:18
Svar #3

Candace Roberts

So my best hope is to find a ship passenger list with him listed?? Since he left from Kinneved, would ships leaving Goteborg in May 1867 be a good place to start looking? Or would you have another suggestion?

Thanks for you help on this.
Candace Roberts

2007-03-21, 23:08
Svar #4

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Candace,

You need to look for ships sailing from England, most likely. The usual procedure in later years (and probably in 1867) was to sail on a feeder ship to Hull or Grimsby in England, and then take a train to a port such as Liverpool or Southampton. There they boarded a larger ship for the rest of their trip.

I don't know the procedure if he left from a port in another country, such as Norway.

Göteborg may have been the port from which the person left but arrival records probably won't say that. (Arrival records tell us very little at that time period. They will say the person came from Sweden and was going to the U.S. or America, etc. We already know that.)

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna