ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Amtervik (Vastra) - Pedersons changed name to Bodin  (läst 1313 gånger)

2006-09-12, 04:47
läst 1313 gånger

m robinson

Judy
I have now looked online at this address for information but was unable to find anything about my ancestors.
Thank you.
M

2006-09-12, 05:19
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
M,

You will not find any online databases on that site, as I mentioned earlier. However, if you go to that archive (or have them research for you), there is a tremendous amount of information. They have, for example, Swedish-American church records. If your ancestors joined one of those churches, their birth parish, birthdate, and more will be listed. Even if they didn't join one of those churches, they often had baptisms, confirmations, weddings, and funerals there.

Their Swedish-American newspapers have MUCH useful information, including obituaries which are sometimes more detailed than those in English language papers. I have seen information about individuals from all over the U.S. and even Sweden.  

They have various databases and numerous books, etc. The Swenson Center has helped me greatly. Some of the information I have learned about my family was only found there. You have said that you want confirmation of the information you have found. That is a great place to look, but as said before, the information will not be online.

Judy

2006-09-12, 05:24
Svar #2

m robinson

Karin and Mats and others

When I began searching for my greatgrandparents  and their roots, my information was very limited.  Your answers have helped me with US searches.  John Bodine (over time all of the family added the e to Bodin) is in the 1880 census in Minneapolis (he must have just arrived!)

Maria Bodin is in the 1900 census - it is so unreadable!  But I believe her year of marriage is listed as 1882.  I think they would have married in Minnesota - Hennepin County or Anoka  
 County (Anoka is where John, Gust and Louise built a house in 1883).  I continue to search for the marriage certificate.

Is there more information available about Maria  (your records apparently show birth 10/2/1852 in Vestra Emtervik) Persdotter and her parents and brothers and sisters?

Karin and Mats - our whole family thanks you for all of your work - aunts, uncle, brother, sister, cousins and more!

Sincerely,  m robinson

2006-09-13, 03:46
Svar #3

m robinson

2006-09-13, 07:19
Svar #4

Utloggad Karin Ekeroth

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 674
  • Senast inloggad: 2012-01-29, 22:10
    • Visa profil
m. robinson,

If you mean the Maria born on Oct 2, 1852, christened Oct 10, her parents were Per Nilsson and Brita Larsdotter. The witnesses at the christening were Olof Larsson and Cajsa Olsdotter. I have a bit of trouble reading where they all lived, but I will work on it later today and then you can find out more. It?s off to work.
Karin

2006-09-13, 14:48
Svar #5

Utloggad Karin Ekeroth

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
m.robinson,

The above mentioned family can be found in Värmland, V. Ämtervik AI:9 pag 51 (GID 544.10.99500)
Aplungtorp + something in front of the place that I cannot read.
Torpare Per Nilsson born Jan 24, 1808 in V Emtervik
Hustru Brita Larsdotter b. Dec 20, 1812 in V Emtervik
Son Nils b. June 7, 1835 in V.E.
Son Lars b. Nov 22, 1838 in V.E.
Dotter Anna b. Oct 22, 1841 in V.E.
Dotter Karin b April 9, 1846. There is a remark I cannot read about her. She is born out of wedlock, but is it to Brita or Per?
Son Per b Aug 12, 1849
Dotter Maria b Oct 2, 1852

In this household record there are notations about the two oldest sons leaving the family. Nils moves to Page 25 in 1854 and Lars to page 235 in 1855.

Vestra Emtervik is an older name for Västra Ämtervik.

Someone else could perhaps check the parts I couldn?t read.

Karin

2006-09-13, 17:59
Svar #6

Utloggad Karin Ekeroth

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
M.,
If you look at the family there seems to be something fishy. All of a sudden a child is born out of wedlock, so I looked up the birth records for the three oldest children and they were born to Per Nilsson and his first wife Maria Andersdotter. She died the 29th of May 1844.(I think it said the 29th)This can be found in the household records for V.Ämtervik AI:7 and AI:8. Brita Larsdotter came to the widower as a maid (piga) and a child was conceived, Karin, born out of wedlock. The couple married, the exact date will have to be found as I have seen two dates. Karin is not called illegitimate in the records that come after AI: where I saw it.

Per?s and Maria?s birth dates are in the previous posting. One more child was born to the new family, Olof, born June 10, 1856.

Maria works at a farm in Bråten 1869 to 70. Does she meet Olof Johan there? Just a speculation.

The three oldest children leave the family. I haven?t checked out Karin, but Per goes to Kongsvinger in Norway 1871. Olof goes to Djurgården, Stockholm in 1878. Maria is listed a Baptist 1877. The parents have a notation in AI:15 saying Per Nilsson has received a New Testament in 1884. Maria gets a permit to leave for North America in 1886.

I hope this is the piece you need to complete the puzzle. There might be a new one lurking round the corner!

Karin

2006-09-13, 23:41
Svar #7

Utloggad Mats Ahlgren

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4737
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 20:42
    • Visa profil
Hi M

Have you Marias Death Record Card (used in Minnesota between 1900-1907 instead of Death Certificates). The certid# 1906-49-1899 might have more information about her parents

2006-09-14, 05:38
Svar #8

m robinson

Mats, I have an order in for Maria's death certificate but it has not arrived yet.  

The 1900 census reads that Maria immigrated in 1882.  The entry was very fuzzy and I tried software to improve its readability.  My records are that she was born October 1, 1852.  Regarding Maria's christening, witness Cajsa Olsdotter is the name of Olaf Johan's mother.  Perhaps they as much as grew up in a small area and knew one another's families for years.

Yes, Maria was a baptist.

Karin - you mention a permit in 1886 for her to come to NA in your last discussion.  But 03 Sept Mats listed her as emigrating 2/27/1882 Emibas Post 848015 - that would work well for my great grandmother.  

I do think the pieces reasonably come together!!!!  What a pile of information and answers both of you have given us!  This forum has been a great joy for me and for my family.

m

2006-09-14, 06:40
Svar #9

Utloggad Karin Ekeroth

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
m.,

My mistake, I rechecked the year for the leaving permit and it was indeed 1882! I didn?t reflect on it even though I realised from Mat?s posting that it was the right Maria.

The number of the household record where I saw that Karin was born out of wedlock was AI:9. The number is missing in my previous posting.

Karin

2006-09-15, 04:54
Svar #10

m robinson

I am always thinking,  This will be my last question!  The searches have been so fascinating.  And the Swedish records are truly amazing.

Are there any indications of when or where  Per Nilsson and Brita Larsdotter died?  Do they appear to have lived in the same village or farm for most of their married lives?

Thank you,

m

2006-09-15, 08:01
Svar #11

Utloggad Karin Ekeroth

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
m.  

It seems that this couple lived in the same place for most of their lives. There is no indication that they move around. In V. Ämtervik AI:16 1891-1895 ( the last one I have access to on genline) shows that Per Nilsson died on Dec 18, 1895. There is also a notation that they live on land that is jointly owned by several people (allmänning). Someone could perhaps see if Brita Larsdotter, born Dec 20, 1812 (in the latest record it says that date should be changed to Dec 18. Right or wrong? That was the date of Per?s death) is still alive in the 1900 Swedish census.
The date of their marriage is May (or Sept) 5, 1846.
Karin

2006-09-15, 09:07
Svar #12

Utloggad Karin Ekeroth

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
m.,

I just looked at the birth record for Brita. In V Ämtervik C:2 born married dead 1770 - 1814 I found this: Bergia (name of home) Lars Bergman?s and Kathr. Pettersdotters child Brita, born Dec 18, 1812. Christened by Edner Dec 19. So now we know.

While I was at it I looked up Per Nilsson. Born Dec 24, christened Dec 25, 1804. Place in V emtervik Aplung. Parents Nils Ersson and Maria Larsdotter.

I looked at the wedding date and am puzzled. The first wedding bans were read in Dec 1846, but they were not married at that time. Nothing in 1847, but in Jan 1848 the bans were read again on Jan 1 and Jan 16. Then the page is a bit smeared so I cannot read the date of marriage. But, the did marry since Karin is no longer oäkta, which means not genuine.

There are probably more things of interest to be found in the records. The Central Bureau of Statistics has a listing of births and deaths, but these listings are extensive and my knowledge of where to find the parish V Ämtervik in them is not good.  

All for now.
Karin

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna