ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Sara Olsdotter Beckman  (läst 276 gånger)

2003-07-22, 11:14
läst 276 gånger

Greg Schulte

According to Emigranten CD, my wife's great-grandmother Sara Olsdotter Beckman at the age of 27 left Göteborg harbour on June 6, 1873 for New York.  Her Källkod (ticket/contract number) was 7:419:5424.  According to a passenger list at the U.S. National Achives, she arrived in New York on July 14, 1873 on the S.S. Egypt from Liverpool.  

Can anyone find the name of the ship that brought her from Göteborg presumably to Hull?  Can anyone explain the Källkod -- who issued it and what it meant?

Many thanks, Greg Schulte, Great Falls, Virginia, USA

2003-07-23, 01:10
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Greg,

Källkod is the source code. The 7 is the book number. The 419 is the page number. The 5424 is the contract (ticket) number.

Send the information you provided to this email address. They like to know your snail mail information, although they will send a reply to your email. Maybe they need the snail mail information for their records.

They will provide you with the name of the feeder ship used to travel to England. They also provide the name of the travel agent.

landsarkivet@landsarkivet-goteborg.ra.se

Judy

2003-07-24, 11:38
Svar #2

Greg Schulte

Very helpful reply.  Thanks!  P.S. - I made a terrible mistake:  She left on June 27, 1873.  I'll send the correct date to the archives.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna