ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Olson, Charles O  (läst 499 gånger)

2000-05-30, 10:32
läst 499 gånger

Roger Ekman

I am seeking information about the ancestors and decendant of my grandfather, Charles O. Olson, his parents, and siblings.  

Charles was born August 15, 1869 in either Norway or Sweden.  

The Norwegian Emigration Center, Stavanger, sent me the following information:  
'Charles (Charlis) Olson emigrated from Christiana on May 4, 1888, at the age of 18. The agent was BLICHFELDT and the ship was ANGELO. At the time of his emigration, he reported that he came from Wermland, Sweden.'  

Charles siblings were: Fred A. (b. April 12, 1883, Norway), Arthur, Bert (Bertram), Alma, Otealia, Vallbora, Jennie, and Caroline. Charles' parents were: Olaf Olson and Karin Nielson.  

Olaf Olson was a Swede and his father was named Ole. Ole was a school master. Karin was Norwegian and her parents were farmers. Olaf and Karin may have lived on an estate named ENG (ENGH). All of Charles' brothers emigrated to the U.S. and settled in Minneapolis, Minnesota. All of his sisters remained in Scandinavia.  

I would appreciate any assistance in tracing Charles's ancestors and decendants.  

Thank you,
    Roger Ekman
    6160 North Kent Avenue
    Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin, USA  53217

e-mail:  rekman532@excite.com

2003-10-08, 11:53
Svar #1

T. Olsen

Olsen, Charles O.
I am also looking for a Charles O. Olsen born in Norway or Sweden. However he was born circa 1856 and was married in Canada in 1882. He came to Canada possibly as a mariner and jumped ship in the early 1880's. I only have the first initials of his parents from the marriage records as T and I. Olsen.

2004-05-11, 07:06
Svar #2

Rudi

I am also looking for Andrew Olsen who I believe is a brother of Charles Olsen who jumped ship in Georgia, USA on route to Australia.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna