ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Falköping Emigrants  (läst 1208 gånger)

1999-04-18, 15:05
läst 1208 gånger

Utloggad Ted Rosvall

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1256
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-09, 07:49
    • Visa profil
Did Your ancestors come from the area around Falköping (Falbygden), in Skaraborgs län?
If so, we may be able to help you. The Falbygden Genealogical Society has a large database with some 3500 emigrants from this area of ca 50 parishes, including Floby, Slöta, Karleby, Stenstorp, Åsle, Gudhem, Gökhem, Kinneved, Norra Åsarp, Broddetorp, Vilske-Kleva, Dala, Grolanda, Jäla and many others. So far we have finished ca 1500 files, that is, we have established the exact date and place of birth in Sweden AND the exact date and place of death in the US or Canada for each emigrant. If You have information about such emigrants, do let us know, and we will in turn be glad to help you find out more about the emigrant´s background here in the Falköping area, and perhaps also direct you to living relatives around here.
Ted Rosvall
Falbygdens Släktforskarförening

1999-04-20, 22:49
Svar #1

Monica Jönsson

This is just a blind shot, but I'm searching for KNUT OSCAR SCHÖLDBERG, born around 1837 somewhere in Sweden, who later settled in London. His father was told to be Carl Johan Schöldberg, a tanner. I have the information about his latter destiny.
Monica

1999-12-05, 19:16
Svar #2

box 32naramatabritish columbiav0h 1n0canada

I'm searching for descendants of my great  
grandparents.

gggf-pear wilson-lodrop forsamling
gggm-anna persdotter
ggf-yno(johan?)person(persson or pearson??)-lodrop  
forsamling-changed name to john peterson in  
canada-born sept.25,1854-lodrop

gggm-johansson-skara backebo-lengjuns forsamling
gggf-anders svenson
ggm-klara maria anderson-born  
sept.20/1866-vestby(vestebra)-

jon peterson and klara maria anderson were married  
in winnipeg canda on november 17

1999-12-05, 21:16
Svar #3

Utloggad Ted Rosvall

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Lodrup could possibly be LÖDERUP in the province of Skåne, southern Sweden.
Lengjun could possibly be LÄNGJUM in Västergötland.
None of these are located within the Falköping area.
Ted Rosvall

1999-12-06, 20:47
Svar #4

joan

ted

thank you for the information.
I am planning on going to sweden in may/99 and  
will go to the region around skara.Do you know the  
names of the old parishes there as I have the  
information on my great grandparents from a  
swedish bible.

1999-12-07, 00:09
Svar #5

martin

Wow! Have they finally invented time travelling?

1999-12-14, 18:32
Svar #6

joan

actually i will be in sweden may/2000!!!!

john peterson died in 1945 in  
winnipeg,manitoba,canada

klara maria peterson died in winnipeg in 1950.

with the information in my previous message would  
you be able to direct me to a link for that area.

thanks

jo

2000-10-05, 08:09
Svar #7

diana

My ancestors (GLAD/PERSSON/SVENSDOTTER/LARSSON/WENBERG/KARLSDOTTER/JOHANSSON) came from these parishes in Falköping and Tidaholms kommun: Acklinga, Baltak, Härja, Daretorp, Velinga and Börstig.

They emmigrated to the US (Iowa) from 1869 to 1873 to help with the construction of a canal around the rapids on the Mississippi River (originally surveyed by Civil War General Robert E. Lee) at Keokuk.

If additional details regarding this information would interest Falbygden Genealogical Society, I would be most happy to provide that to you.

MVH/Diana

2000-10-28, 17:40
Svar #8

Utloggad Annelie Jonsson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 346
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-05, 16:22
    • Visa profil
    • Emigrant.se
Hi,

Just Börstig is in the district of Falköping the others in Tidaholm.
Will gladly have the info on the persons from Börstig. You can go in on the website at http://www.geocities.com/falbygd to see what we working with, who we are, the page is in both Swe and Eng.

For the other parishes in Tidaholm you have go to http://hem.passagen.se/tgf1/  or send mail to tgf1@hem.passagen.se

2001-03-31, 05:02
Svar #9

Marlette Swenson Larsen

I am seeking information about Josephine Mahumed, born September 10, 1865 in Bestorp Falkoping, Vestergotland, Skaraborgs Lan (she married Eskil Kjellstrom on May 18, 1889, in Rockford, Illinois, and she died April 13, 1947, in Rockford, Illinois. Who were her parents, and her siblings? When did they emigrate to America, and from what port?  
Tak sa mycket!
Marlette Swenson Larsen
marlette@chorus.net

2001-07-25, 05:55
Svar #10

Chris S. Mills

Greetings: I also have kinfolk from Acklinga, Skaraborgs lan who settled in Sugar Creek, Montrose Township, Lee County, Iowa, USA. (1867-1869) Would love to find out more about their lives before they emigrated. I have church records, (USA) and other records, but nothing from Sweden. I also have a GreatGrandfather who emigrated in 1872 to Colorado, but do not know what parish he came from, or what port he left from. Some of the names I am looking for: Carl Johansfon Ek b. 27 Aug 1837 emigrated 30 July 1867 Was born Acklinga, Skaraborgs lan
His Wife: Johanna Fredricka b. 8 Feb 1841 Emigrated 23 June 1869 Born Acklinga
She brought with her two sons:
Carl Johan b. 24 June 1862
Gustaf Alfred b. 18 June 1865
After they settled in USA, they had three more children (that lived) including my GreatGrandmother, Anna Maria b. 1 April 1877.
I am new to this list, and my Swedish is quite poor. I can read a very little, and understand none spoken. Any help or ideas where I might find more about these people? All my information starts at the USA end.
Gratefuly and Sincerely:
Christopher Steven Mills
Cmills1324@aol.com

2001-07-25, 09:27
Svar #11

Utloggad Bo Nordenfors

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5383
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-27, 14:38
    • Visa profil
Chris, there are some church record from Acklinga available, partly on CD , partly for downloading.
Please try http://www.glimten.net/regtek/reg_lev.htm

http://www.slaktdata.org/en

2001-07-25, 19:32
Svar #12

Chris S. Mills

Dear Bo:
I tried those links and downloaded what I could. Thank you so much for the help. I will be awhile deciphering what I have gotten in the download, so I guess that will keep me out of trouble for awhile.  
One correction to my earlier post: I stated that my GreatGrandfather emmigrated to Colorado, USA in 1872... That was wrong. He was BORN in 1872, and emmigrated to Colorado in 1889 at age 16. It is beleived he may have travled with a brother. His Name was Fritz Emmil Johanson (Johnson USA) I think his father was Johan Agust Johanson (there may be two s in name, ie: Johansson)who was born 7 Sept 1839 He married Inga Marie Peterson (don't have the swedish version of her last name) and she died 6 July 1920. Unfortunately, I have no idea what parish they were from, but have seen Falkoping somewhere in records. That's about all I have at this time. Again, thank you for the help. Sincerely: Chris S. Mills

2002-04-26, 04:13
Svar #13

Ellie Lamson

I am hoping for any information on my great grandfather Elias Theodore Andersson and
any family members.

Here is the information I have on him so far:

Born:  1861-06-21 in:
  Falköping parish
  Falköping kommun
  Skaraborgs Iän
  Västergötland province
Registered out: 1881-04-22 from:
  Knapagården
  Slöta parish
  Falköping kommun
  Skaraborgs Iän
  Västergötland province
Reg as:  dräng
Source: HFL Slöta parish, 1881, page 205

Emigranten CD
Förnamn Elias Th
Efternamn: Andersson
Ålder:  20
Kön:  m
Församling: Kättilstorp
Län:  R
Utresehamn: Göteborg
Ultvandrdag: 1881 04 05
Destination: Houtzdale
Medåkande: NEJ
Källkod: 17:501:2931

I have an obituary for Elias' mother Maria Katarina Andersson b. 1835 d. 1922 02 13.
These are the other names mentioned in the obituary (I don't know how they are
connected):
Emma & August Johnsson
Erik Ivar Sven Anna-Lisa
Lissie & Edvard Noren
Astrid Bror Alna
Henry Andersson

I have copies of Elias' naturalization papers.  He arrived at the port of Baltimore on or
about 1881 05 29.  He was naturalized in Clearfield county Pennsylvania 1890 10 01, by
then he had changed his name to Elias Thoren.

Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Ellie Lamson

2003-12-12, 20:50
Svar #14

Utloggad Ted Rosvall

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
ELIAS TEODOR was born 1861 June.21. at Stora Västerbo in Torbjörntorp parish, just outside Falköping. His parents were Anders Andersson and Maria Kristina Svensdotter (26 years old in 1861)

When and where did Elias Toren die? We need that information for our emigration database. Thanks!

TED ROSVALL

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna