ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Johansson, Jacob (or Jakop) b.1827 to Kansas, USA-1869  (läst 480 gånger)

2001-04-29, 07:04
läst 480 gånger

Janis Burklund

Jakop Johansson (later changed to Bjorklund, then Jacob Burklund) b.1827 somewhere in Vastergotland.  Emigrated to Kansas, USA in 1869 along with wife Anna Maria Bengsdotter b.1823, and children: John Andrew b.1853, Augusta Matilda b.1856, Alma Fredrika b.1860, August Frans b.1864.  Need help finding where they came from to trace further. Any help appreciated.

2002-01-07, 17:45
Svar #1

Utloggad Bertil Friberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 134
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-02-13, 21:07
    • Visa profil
Hello, The family I found emigrated on June/15/1869 from Göteborg Port to Manhattan. Sourcecode:1:731:7. Jakob Johanson, 42, wife Anna, 45, children Anders 11,Anna ,6,and Frans ,3.
Parish not stated, just P county, meaning Älvsborg, which must be southern Västergötland.
This info differs somewhat from yours, but are these your folks?

2002-01-07, 19:53
Svar #2

Janis Burklund

Sounds very much like my people!  Thank you so much for your assistance.  I also saw that you have offered to check further now that I know the parish was Skölvene.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help.

One question... you mentioned Sourcecode: 1:731:7 what is this a sourcecode for?

I had actually forgotten where I posted this message.  I had not been back to this site in a few months.  The other day I visited and found they have added some very helpful English instructions.  Before I felt like I was just shooting in the dark.  I was now able to understand how to use the search function and found my old post.
Thanks again!

2002-01-08, 15:50
Svar #3

Utloggad Bertil Friberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 134
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-02-13, 21:07
    • Visa profil
Hi Janis,
Checked the Skölvene files today. Jacob?s parents were Johannes Svensson and Ingrid Bryngelsdotter,36 years old, living at Wimle Skattegården (gård means farm). Anna Maria born Sep/17/ 1823, parents: Johannes Bengtsson and Lina Hindriksdotter, 41, living at Mosslanda Mellomgården.
Regards

2002-01-08, 21:15
Svar #4

Janis Burklund

I've taken a closer look at what you sent and again want to thank you for your time and efforts looking up this information.  However I don't see how this can be right.  I have a family tree (created by my grandmother, or possibly great-grandmother decades ago) that shows Anna Bengtsdotter b. 29 Sep 1823 Alboga socken, her parents Bengt Eriksson and Kaisa Petersdotter (doesn't give dates or places on parents though).  It also lists several of Anna's siblings and even some of their children and grandchildren.  I'm sure some of them must still be alive (a couple listed were born in the 1940's).  Is there any way to search for people in Sweden when you don't know their birthdates or places, or current residences but just have a name?

All along Jacob has been a problem with finding information.  I seem to remember someone telling me there was another Jacob from the same time and the same parish.  Possibly these are his records?
Thanks for trying!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna