ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Glantz, Peter, Udevalla, Norrland, born 1837  (läst 672 gånger)

2001-01-25, 23:37
läst 672 gånger

Utloggad Deb Hanna

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 27
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-01-24, 16:54
    • Visa profil
Peter Glantz emmigrated to the USA in 1850's- 1870's. He was married to KAtherine Locke of Finland, daughter of Charles Locke of Finland and ??Classon. He came to America and settled in Meriden, Ct.  His family name in Sweden may have been Suderland.  He came to the USA through Hamburg, Germany.  Does anyonw know anything about his family.  He was one of my great, great grandfathers.  Deb Glantz Hanna

2001-06-14, 12:51
Svar #1

Utloggad Deb Hanna

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 27
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-01-24, 16:54
    • Visa profil
Johanne Sto (Stowe) and The Glantz name in America.  Does anyone know of achives where I can find info. on Johanne Sto or Stowe born about 1820? He moved around alot I  think. His name had been changed to Glantz during the war because he had saved the Swedish flag.  Johann was married to Johnna Pearson and had lots of sons and daughters who moved to the USA..one being August Glantz of Burlington Iowa. How would I go about finding records for Johann Glantz (Sto or Stowe)  ALl we have to go om is family history.  My g grandfather wsa Peter Glantz, born 1837.  Was he the brother of August?  How does one trace military records? JOhann was married to Johanna Pearson and August was born on Hokholt, Pjetteryd Socken, Kronobergs Lan, Sweden.  My Peter was supposedly born at a small farm called Uddevalla, in Norbotten..I have found such a name at Muskkus 4, Alvsbyn.  The no. 4 is no longer standing but 1-3 are there.  Is it possible for a soldier to move so much and is it possible to trace his movements? Thank you so much for any help and for being patient.  Deb Glantz Hanna

2001-06-15, 00:04
Svar #2

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Deb Hanna,

There is five farms or villages in Sweden called Uddevalla and one town. One of the farms was situated in Älvsbyn, Norrbottens län.

Regards/Sam Blixt/Oskarshamn

No was called Udevalla.

2001-06-15, 15:15
Svar #3

Deb Glantz Hanna

Thank you so much. It is good to know that a place only talked about in our family history may actually exist. I will not give up but will try to search all the 5 farms.  Thanks again.

Deb Glantz Hanna

2001-06-15, 21:20
Svar #4

Utloggad Jan-Erik Eriksson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1872
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-01-09, 15:49
    • Visa profil
    • www.janerik.se
It is a lot of people named Glans in Sweden today.
Glans was a common soldier name in Sweden, before  1901 we had a system with soldiers on a little cottage (torp in Swedish) on a farm.
If the soldier couldn't  keep staying as soldier by any reason a new one was placed on the “Torp” and very often followed the name with the place. The name was common all over Sweden, a soldier hade to have an easy name to give order to and Glans was used very often.  
So it could be several people with the same name in the area witch not are relatives, they have only been soldiers on the same place.
Suderland is not a Swedish name, maybe it could be Söderlund, that is several of Söderlund in Älvsby Parish and Älvsbyn community.
The Swedish archive www.Svar.ra.se have the most church records and under “Mikrokort/Nad” you can find Älvsby.
I can not find any information in English.

2001-06-19, 02:42
Svar #5

Caroline Carlson-Vanlandingham

My farmor Anna Swanberg, emigrated to American in 1889 with her father, G. J. Swanberg, her mother, name unknown, possibly 3 sisters, Ida, Tilda and Maja and a brother Karl.  They came to Grand Forks, North Dakota for a time during which my grandfather (farfar) Otto Carlson, met her and they were married in 1893, month unknown. They were said to have come from Lonsboda but I cannot find any such place, Smaland? Skane? Two of her sisters went to Denmark and were still there in 1930 when Anna Swanberg-Carlson died.  One was named Sissa?  I think that may be a nickname.

2001-06-19, 11:49
Svar #6

SE Svensson

It could be Lönsboda and you are able to find Lönsboda on http://lantmateriet.com/ksindex/htm

But do not forget  the dots over o

2001-06-19, 12:08
Svar #7

SE Svensson

To find the mentioned adress you have to add www. before lant...

The place is 20 - 30 kilometers  from Osby

2001-06-19, 23:45
Svar #8

Käll Anghagen

To Caroline

Do you know when Anna Swanberg-Carlson was born ?

2001-07-03, 14:29
Svar #9

Uddevalla farm

To Sam Blixt.  I found this link again!  Do you know where the 5 farms called Uddevalla are?  IS there one in Vasternorrlands lans?  Is Tuna parish in Vasternorrlands?  Thank you so much. An Per Eric Glans was born in Tuna parish in 1835 and he sounds like my great grandfather.
Deb Hanna

2001-07-03, 15:36
Svar #10

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Deb Hanna,

The other Uddevalla was situated in much souther parts of Sweden.

Västmanlands county, Östergötlands county (two farms), Västra Götalands county (the big city) and Kalmar county.

There is no Uddevalla in Västernorrlands county.

Uddarna is a village in Njurunda parish, Sundsvall, Västernorrlands county.

Regards/Sam Blixt/Oskarshamn

2001-07-04, 02:53
Svar #11

Uddevalla Glans

Thank you for responding.  Every little bit of info adds to the puzzle.  I will keep pursuing the various threads. MY big wish is to find the ship he and his wife were on but the years I am looking for are not indexed in the USA..around 1880. I am happy to find out where the other Uddevallas are and will investigate those too.  
Deb Hanna

2001-07-04, 09:44
Svar #12

Utloggad Mikael Persson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1357
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-01-17, 11:31
    • Visa profil
Sissa is/was a proper name, mainly in Skåne. It has evolved from the name Cecilia.

Regards,
Mikael

2001-12-03, 19:41
Svar #13

Deb Glantz Hanna

Thanks to all contributing to Peter Glantz info.  I found him..Pehr Erik Söderlund, b, 1835 in Tuna Parish, Vasternorrlands.took the name Glans and moved to Langby,Forsa in 1860.  Had 2 wives..2nd was Carin Carsldotter, daughter of Karl Magnus LAx, b. 1788 in Borga, Finland. KArl moved to Forsa and was a soldier too. Pehr, Carin and 2 children emmigrated to NYC from Stockholm in 1880. Now I just have to find the parents of KArl Magnus. I could not find KArl listed in the parish archives of Borga.  Does anyone know where I can find a copy of Sverges slaktregister, 1975, Forsa?  Thanks.  Deb Hanna rdbhanna@rcn.com

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna