ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Emigration C D Lookups please on Peterson and children  (läst 485 gånger)

2002-04-12, 16:12
läst 485 gånger

Maxine

5{ someone to please look up Anna  
L Peterson  and children  Sophia Ingeborg ,  
Ida Amanda, Frank Julius, and possibily  
another sister-Mae emmigrated to America in  
1881. I am not sure where they lived , but  
Sophia was born in Daysland.
Maxine

2002-04-12, 20:57
Svar #1

Peter Karlsson / anbytarvärd (Peter)

There's some more information about theese people here and here.

2002-04-15, 16:25
Svar #2

Maxine

Peter Karlsson,
All I am asking for is for someone to look up  
and  
see if they can find the departure for the  
people  
posted above and the ships they took for  
America.  
Anna L Peterson was born 1840 and departed  
from  
Sweden 1881.
Maxine

2002-04-15, 18:16
Svar #3

Anette Rosberg

Maxine,
I have not been able to find any Anna L Peterson (or any other spelling) leaving Sweden in 1881, age around 40 yrs, with one or all of the children you mention above.
They may have traveled over Norway, in which case they will not be on the CD.

2002-04-16, 02:34
Svar #4

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Maxine,

You mentioned Daysland. I assume you must mean Dalsland province. Many people from Dalsland emigrated through a Norwegian port, as  
Anette suggested.

Information on where the emigrants landed in the United States and which ships they used to arrive in the U.S. would not be available from Sweden. (They did not follow the movements of the Swedish emigrants after they left the country.)The best you could hope for would be the källkod from an Emigrant CD lookup, which could be used to learn about the trip to England, where they got on a larger ship for the rest of the journey. (Apparently your relatives have not been found on the CD. You might need to find out more information to aid in the search. I had to dig deeply in my research before some of my relatives were found. Some were never found on CD Emigranten, but I learned their parish in Sweden by lookups on their siblings.) That information can be found, if you are lucky, by spending many hours squinting at diffcult to read microfilms of the passenger arrival records.I have spent many hours on several research trips trying to find my relatives on passenger lists and I have only found a few so far. Passenger lists at that period of time didn't give specific information about where our emigrants lived in Sweden. You will just find they came from Sweden.Your time would be better spent checking Swedish-American church records.They are not online but the Swenson Center has them and much, much more.That is where I learned the parish for most of my ancestors. (The records were kept in the parish.)

http://www.augustana.edu/administration/SWENSON/index.htm

There are some online ship lists and there is also a very nice list called The Ships' List. I suggest joining it. They might have some useful information on how to find the name of the ship(s) used by your ancestors.

Check the SweGGate website.

http://www.sweggate.com

Follow this path.

Themes --> Emigration --> Sources --> Travel

This path tells about a typical journey.

Themes --> Emigration --> Guides --> Travel: A Typical Journey

Good luck!

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna