ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Claus August Swanson (Swensson?) emigrated between 1864-1873  (läst 723 gånger)

2001-04-15, 19:35
läst 723 gånger

Fryklind

Claus August Swanson (Swensson?) emigrated between 1864 and 1873 with his wife Anna U.  These were my Great Great Grandparents.  He was born in Sweden Nov 10, 1829.  Anna U. (maiden name maybe Schinman or Schiman) was born in Sweden Dec 29, 1827.  I don't know what lan or parish they came from.  They were going to Michigan or Nebraska, I believe.  They would have traveled with children (Clara Ulrica Swanson born July 12, 1855 in Sweden, Sandra born ???, Selma born in 1863 or 1864 in Sweden, and Charles born about 1868).  Clara was my Great Grandmother.

If you could help me find out when they emigrated, where they came from, and where they went I would appreciate it greatly.

Thank you,

Karl Fryklind/Nebraska/USA
kfryklin@uswest.net

2001-04-15, 20:14
Svar #1

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Karl,

I found them in Emigranten, the whole family!

Claes Svensson, 43 year, Motala parish, Östergötland, travelled from Göteborg, 1872, Aug. 16, Destination: Hancock

Anna Ulrica, 45 year,

Anna, 12 year

Carl, 4 year

Selma, 9 year

There is a town in Michigan with the name Hancock, it seems to be this.
I will Email the map of this town to You.

Regards/Sam Blixt/Oskarshamn

2001-04-17, 01:43
Svar #2

Fryklind

Hi Sam,

I really appreciate your help.  Before hearing from you, I didn't know where to start.  Now I have some idea - both from your response to my Roxberg question and to my Swanson question.  My Fryklind name is from Sweden too -  My Grandfather, Karl Johan Fryklind was born in Storfors, Kroppa Parish, Värmland

I noticed Clara Swanson (Svensson) was missing from the family.  I believe that means she married Ernest Roxberg  in Östergötland and then they Emigrated before 1874 when their first daughter was born in Michigan.

Thank you again for all your help,

Karl Fryklind

2001-04-17, 09:05
Svar #3

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Karl,

Clara Ulrika Svenson, 16 year, from Motala, emigrate from Göteborg, 1871, May 14.
Destination: Detroit

Regards/Sam Blixt

2001-04-18, 17:35
Svar #4

Fryklind

Hi Sam,

You are great! I now have an application to send to Michigan to get a copy of their marriage record. Now I know it has to be in Michigan between 1871 and 1873 (Assuming the first child was born after marriage!)

Is there a record of her husband-to-be (Ernest Roxberg) emigrating about same time?  How do you find this stuff so fast?

Tusen tack/Karl Fryklind

2001-04-18, 22:22
Svar #5

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Karl,

Yes, there is a boy Ernst, 10 years old from Kristdala parish, (there my grandfather was born).

he is going with he's mother and brother Axel, 11 years old. The mothers name is Emma Roxendorff.

They went out 1873, Oct. 10 from Göteborg to New York.

I dont know if this is what You are searching for, but if You think it is possible, why not?

If he is Your Ernst, he is born 1861, Jan. 17 and his fully name is Ernst Clemens.

You ask how I found the stuff so fast, I can only say that I sometimes have to think in a stupid way, and sometime it will not be so stupid. Maybe this is OK, I dont know.

Regards

Sam

2001-05-06, 23:02
Svar #6

Utloggad Birger Bring

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 145
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-07-14, 18:16
    • Visa profil
Hello Karl and Sam

Ernst's mother must have been Emma Viktoria von Roxendorff (maiden name Regnell) married to Gustaf Vilhelm Klemens von Roxendorff at Gullhanetorp, Kristdala. Emma belonged to the old Bankhult family farming the Bankhult farm in Kristdala since early1600's and her husband was a member of the Roxendorff noble family knighted in 1686.

Now it remains to be proven that Ernst was their son. It is hard to understand why he called himself Roxberg. On the other hand, Emma really emigrated to the US. She died in New York on Nov. 30, 1896. No son Ernst is listed in the family, but there is a son Axel Emil Theodor born in 1858.

Regards

Birger Bring
Kristdala

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna