ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Christina Sofia Nybble  (läst 724 gånger)

1999-11-30, 15:42
läst 724 gånger

Olson

My Great Grandmother, Christina Sofia, was born in 1857 in Wimmerby Parish, Kalmar County.  She married Benjamin Berg and they emigrated to the United States in 1882.  The certificate of emigration was signed by C. M. Noren, Pastor.  I'm interested in information about her parents and any siblings.

1999-11-30, 22:54
Svar #1

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
According to the book Utvandrare från Vimmerby 1850-1914 by Johan & Olle Hjertberg (1988), the unmarried maid servant (piga) Christina Sofia Berg, born 1857 Sep.27, emigrated in 1882 from the farm Nybble in the Vimmerby landsförsamling (rural parish).  
There is no Benjamin Berg in the emigration records, nor in this book.

1999-12-01, 23:36
Svar #2

Olson

Thank you very much for the information.  I'm afraid, however, that it just adds to my puzzle.  She married a Fred Brasch in Pennsylvania in 1895 and moved to Minnesota.  Prior to her marriage, she bore two sons born in 1883 and 1890 respectively.  Their family names were Berg.  I've now got to go back to find where I came across the name Benjamin Berg.  Apart from that question, can you advise the best way to research her family in Sweden?  I greatly appreciate your assistance.

1999-12-02, 11:22
Svar #3

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
The best way is to get into the Swedish church records, and you can access them through your closest Family History Center. But before doing that, I would advise you to study for instance Cradled in Sweden by Carl Erik Johansson, published by the Everton Publishers, Inc, of Logan, Utah, in 1995. Or go to the web site of the Mormons at www.familysearch.org, and then click on custom search and look for the section where they have down-loadable research guides for different countries.

1999-12-06, 12:46
Svar #4

Olson

Elisabeth:  Thank you for the information.  I've been to our local Family History Center here in Virginia Beach, Virginia.  I've traced my Mother's Great Grandfather's family back to Pommerania where my many-times-Great Grandfather was born in 1794.  My Father's family, however, is a different story.  Apparently, they emigrated from Sweden (don't know what year) but changed their name from 'Lund' to their sponsors name 'Olson'.  They settled in Wisconsin where my Father was born.  Unfortunately, when he was born, many births were never recorded.  My Mother's father was Irish but that's yet another story.  Again, many thanks and have a very merry Christmas.  Ron Olson

1999-12-06, 14:17
Svar #5

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Dear Ron, what do you know about the Lund family? Give us as many details as you have, and somebody might know something.

1999-12-08, 15:02
Svar #6

Olson

Elisabeth:  I appreciate your offer but I know so little about my father's family.  He was one of eight children, six boys and two girls, born in Siren, Wisconsin.  I don't even know the names of his parents.  Since there were few birth certificates recorded in rural America in the early 1900's, my best source for information is the U.S. Census; I'm still searching.  Thank you again and again Merry Christmas.
Ron Olson

2000-11-30, 12:06
Svar #7

Utloggad Anders Brasch

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 15
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-09-08, 11:54
    • Visa profil
My name is Anders(Andrew) Brasch. I am living in the little town of Vadstena in Sweden. Dear mr Ron Olsson. What do you know about Fred Brasch, who married Christina Sofia Nybble in Pensylvania in the year of 1895. Is this Fred Brasch an emigrant from Sweden or Germany?

2001-04-24, 11:43
Svar #8

Utloggad Anders Brasch

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 15
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-09-08, 11:54
    • Visa profil
Can anybody in USA tell me anything about mr Andrew Brasch, b. 3/4 1895 in N.Y., d. /4 1972 in Zephyrhills, Florida.

Anders(Andrew) Brasch
Hovsvägen 22 D
592 40 VADSTENA

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna