ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: CD lookup please--Svensdotter sisters  (läst 771 gånger)

2002-04-30, 20:22
läst 771 gånger

Utloggad Nancy Wiberg Jones

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 127
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Three sisters from Ysane, Blekinge län immigrated to the US:

Thilda Svensdotter (Eng)
born: February 10, 1867
emigrated in 1887
Married: Theodore Wiberg in Chicago 1889

Ingri Svensdotter (Eng)
born: January 10, 1869
emgrated in 1889

Anna Svensdotter (Eng)
born: November 30, 1870
emigrated in 1891

Is it possible to get information on their destination, who they traveled with, and what ship they traveled on?

Thank you

2002-05-03, 22:15
Svar #1

Anette Rosberg

Hi Nancy,

the emigrant CD has the following women with the names you listed as emigrating from Ysane:

Matilda Svensdotter
age 20, servant, sailing from the port of Malmö 15 May 1890, destination New York. Travelling with Pella Svensdotter, age 17, from Sölvesborg parish, same destination.

Ingri Svensdotter
age 20, boatsman?s daughter, sailing from the port of Malmö 25 April 1889, destionation Chicago. Travelling with Ingri Eng, age 20 from Ysane parish, boatman?s daughter, same destination.

Aina Svensdotter
age 20, boatman?s daughter, sailing from the port of Malmö 23 April 1891, destination Boston. Not travelling together with anybody else.

I can?t find any Anna Svensdotter emigrating in 1891 from Ysane that would fit.

2002-05-03, 23:01
Svar #2

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you Anette,

Matilda dosn't fit since I have her marriage license in Chicago to Nils Wiberg for 1889.

I'm sure this is my Ingri. She is the daughter of Sven Eng, a boatsman from Ysane.  It is interesting that she is listed as traveling with Ingri Eng since this is a name she used herself.  What do you make of it??

I think Aina is my Anna.  Perhaps this is just a misspelling.

Best regards,

Nancy

2002-05-04, 18:29
Svar #3

Anette Rosberg

Hello Nancy,

Maybe Ingri Eng is your Ingri, and the other girl just happens to have the same patronymic. It seems more likely that there would be another girl called Ingri Svensdotter, than that there would have been two Ingri Engs in the same parish.

Aina can very well be a misspelling.

I did another search for Tilda and Matilda, both as Eng and as Svensdotter/Svensson, emigrating from anywhere in Blekinge county in 1887, but no luck.

2002-05-07, 03:12
Svar #4

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hello Anette,

My step-mother stopped at Augustana College on a vacation and brought back this information.  Unfortunately, she didn't note all the information from the record.

Thilda Svensdotter
20 år
Församling: Ysane
Utvandrdag: 1887 03 17
Destination: Chicago
Källkod: 1887:448:1337

If this helps you locate her record, perhaps you can tell me what port she left from and if she traveled with anyone.

Thank you for all the help,
Nancy

2002-05-07, 20:36
Svar #5

Anette Rosberg

Hello Nancy,

I have done the following searches:
on källkod 1887:448:1337 = no result
on utvandrdag 1887 03 17 combined with parish Ysane = no result
name Thilda combined with parish Ysane = Thilda Benson, emigrated 1884.

So I?m afraid I can?t find your Tilda on the CD. Maybe someone else could find her on the older version (I only have the new version)? If it?s some kind of error on the new version.

2002-05-09, 09:17
Svar #6

Utloggad Eva Dahlberg

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4039
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-12, 18:31
    • Visa profil
Hi, the källkod suggests that the information comes from Swedish records, an index of some kind to the Swedish passenger lists, which is what the källkod symbolises (how to find the original record, which doesn't contain much more than what is on the CD, except for possibly (not always) information on the name of the ship, to Denmark or to England and the name of the agent/company).  

However, on the CD Emigranten (both the old and the new) all records from 1887 from the port of Malmö are missing. They are available in the paper transcripts/index (books), and also there is the källkod used. As the records of Thilda and the källkod you give don't exist on the CD, it's likely she left from  Malmö.

The index for Malmö and the original records are available at Malmö City Archives, e-mail stadsarkivet@malmo.se .

Best regards,
Eva Dahlberg

2002-05-09, 20:03
Svar #7

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you Annete for taking time to do another search.  And, thank you Eva for the new resource.  I have e-mailed Malmö City  
Archives today. I'll let you know if they are responsive to my inquiry.

Best regards,

Nancy

2002-05-17, 17:31
Svar #8

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Annette,

I received a response from the Malmö City Archives today.  They weren't able to say who Thilda  travelled with but they did give me her routing (Malmö-Copenhagen-England-USA) and the name of the ship line.

Thanks again,

Nancy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna