ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Bismarck/Höglund/Danroth  (läst 1193 gånger)

2001-02-07, 12:15
läst 1193 gånger

Jörgen Sjölén

I was wondering if someone knowes something about the American city of Bismark North Dakota..  
i got some information that Jonas Petter Jonsson Höglund or John P Hoaglund (He changed name when he came to the USA) *1840-10-28 Edsele Sweden was one off the persons (along whit some germans) that had founded the city.
Acording to a newspappercuting i belive Jonas Petter become rich in the USA, one time he owed about 14 farms....

I am also loking for his niece Lisa Danroth and her husband Nils i know that they are dead. They had 3 sons, i know the name on 1 off then and his name was Henry..and they should have lived in Bismark North Dakota  

Do you know something? please tell me
even if it is about Bismarck

2001-02-09, 08:54
Svar #1

Utloggad Greg Nelson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 4
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-10-05, 08:12
    • Visa profil
Search the 1885 Dakota Territory Census at http://www.lib.ndsu.nodak.edu/database/1885census.html  
Find this entry:  John P Hoagland, age - 44, occupation - Lumber dealer, birthplace - Sweden, address - Main Street, Bismarck, Burleigh County, North Dakota.  
You might also make use of the North Dakota Genealogy Resource Center at http://www.accessgenealogy.com/northdakota/

2001-02-09, 14:57
Svar #2

Jörgen Sjölén

Greg:do you know where i can find something about Nils and Lisa Danroth? i don?t know when they emigrated but they should have lived in Bismark about 1890 - 1920

Jörgen Sjölén

2001-02-10, 08:56
Svar #3

Utloggad Greg Nelson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
See the North Dakota Naturalization Records Index at http://www.lib.ndsu.nodak.edu/database/naturalrec.html  

There are two listings (likely for the same person):  
Danrot, Nils M  Sweden  March 03, 1905  
1st(Papers)  Burleigh(County)  D-4(Volume)  215(Page)  
Danrot, Nils Magnus  Sweden  May 16, 1911  
2nd(Papers)  Burleigh(County)  P-15(Volume)  114(Page)

There were two steps to the Naturalization procedure--the 'Declaration of Intention' and the 'Naturalization Records'--therefore, the two Papers mentioned above.  There is further information concerning the history of these records, on this site.  You can order copies of naturalization records for all North Dakota counties through this link:  mailto:archives@pioneer.state.nd.us

2001-02-10, 15:12
Svar #4

Utloggad Maria Ingelmark

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 56
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Jörgen!
Who were Jonas Petter Jonssons parents? Could it had been Johan Johansson Höglund f 1799-06-15 Junsele and Anna Johansdotter 1790-09 27 Fjällsjö?

2001-02-11, 20:15
Svar #5

Jörgen Sjölén

Greg:thanks for the links, i just have to ask you are you in any way related to Danroths or Hoagland  or are you helping me for fun?

Maria:No i am sorry, Jonas Petter (Jonsson) Höglund?s fader hette Jon Carlsson and was from Edsele i don?t have the birth and death date rigth know but i can get it if you want, I don?t know where they got Höglund (Hoagland) from their name was Jonsson until someone off them changed (i don?t know who..)

Jörgen Sjölén

2001-02-12, 06:45
Svar #6

Utloggad Greg Nelson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
The challenge of the hunt was my sole reason!  I am not related to any family with the surname of Höglund (Hoagland) or Danroth (Danrot).  

I have found some current information on one 'Hoagland' and one 'Danrot' in the state of North Dakota.  

I have also found some interesting historical material on individuals with the surnames 'Hoagland', 'Danroth' and 'Danrot', located across the border in the western provinces of Canada.  

I will send this information to you privately.

2001-02-26, 11:14
Svar #7

Jörgen Sjölén

Greg:i don?t mean to be unpoloite? (i don?t know how it is spelled) but did you find something else in your reasearch?

//Jörgen Sjölén

2001-03-04, 09:15
Svar #8

Utloggad Greg Nelson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
I have sent this information to you privately in an attachment, as it was too much for this site.

2001-03-15, 11:26
Svar #9

Jörgen Sjölén

Greg: I have read your mail and answer on it

//Jörgen Sjölén

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna