ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Bayerd, Otto Wilhelm - Emigration Puzzle  (läst 193 gånger)

2001-11-12, 01:11
läst 193 gånger

Jim Bayard

My great grandfather, Otto Wilhelm, emigrated in 1880 according to the 1900 and 1910 U.S. Census, however, I have not been able to locate him in any of the old Emigrant Cd's or through other research.  I would be very grateful for any help in locating him or guidance as to how to proceed. According to his U.S. military records, he was born in the area of Stockholm on 20 April 1862.  I have not been able to locate anyone with the name of Otto or Otto Wilhelm born on that date in Stockholm City or in the extracts for the County.  Supposedly, he had a brother whose name began with A that lived in San Francisco with him in the 1890's before moving to Brooklyn, NY.  I have never been able to find a record of his brother in the U.S., but it could be that the name Bayard, Bayerd, or Beyerd (I already checked the Walloons) was something else that Otto picked up when he joined the US Navy.  I have researched the LDS Scandanavian CD, and i have also not found any Otto's born on 20 April 1862.   I did, however, find an Otto Albert Bayard born in on 10 december 1862 in the garrison at Kristianstad.  Although his middle name is not Wilhelm, I thought it was interesting because Otto had a son named Albert.  Again, any guidance woudl be appreciated very much.

2001-11-12, 07:13
Svar #1

Peter Karlsson (Peterk)

It's good to mention where you had this discussion earlier: Discussions in English:Emigrants: Otto William Bayerd..

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna