ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Andersson, Sven Johan August b June 16, 1869, Saleby Parish  (läst 686 gånger)

2001-08-02, 20:57
läst 686 gånger

Sheila Anderson

I am searching for Sven Johan August Andersson born June 16, 1869 - Saleby Parish, Skaraborg County, Sweden..  He emigrated to USA March 19, 1885. If anyone knows where he settled or has any information on his marriage and family, I would appreciate your help.

2001-08-02, 22:10
Svar #1

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Sheila,

There is an Johan A Andersson, 16 years old, from Saleby, R län, He went from Göteborg, 1885, April 1 to New York, Source code is 26:227:87

RFegards/Sam Blixt/Oskarshamn

2001-08-09, 21:22
Svar #2

Sheila Anderson

Hi Sam:

Thank you for replying.  I do have his church records from Sweden but I didn't know where he sailed from or where he landed.  Perhaps you can fill me in on what the Source code will do for me, I am not familiar with it.  Thanks!

Sheila

2001-08-10, 10:03
Svar #3

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Sheila,

The Source code is an index telling the source of the info in this record. The emigration logs at harbours are numbered by Book:Page:Ticket/Contract # so a Källkod of 50:100:3000 means Book # 50, page 100 in that book and the travel contract (ticket) number is # 3000.

You can write to landsarkivet@landsarkivet-goteborg.ra.se

Regards/Sam Blixt/Oskarshamn

2001-08-20, 22:35
Svar #4

Sheila Anderson

Hi Sam:

I appreciate your help very much and I have E-mailed for further information on Johan August Andersson.  

I also have other relatives in the US to find.  Johan August has two sisters who emigrated at different times - who are also on this discussion panel.

What procedures do I have to know to get the source code for Maria Lovisa and Anna Christina Andersdotter?

I haven't had any luck tracing it from the US.

Sheila

2001-08-20, 23:21
Svar #5

Anders Andersson

Sam, since Sheila already has copies of the Swedish church records and is trying to trace emigrants in America, would she be able to get any additional information from Swedish archives beyond the destination New York as given by the Emigrant CD? In my experience, the Emigrant CD is usually more specific about the destination, where the Swedish parish records may simply say North America.

I don't remember the exact years, but I think the Ellis Island records available on the Internet don't go as far back as 1885. Are there any earlier records of immigrants in the USA?

2001-10-01, 07:25
Svar #6

Sheila Anderson

Thank you Anders, for your helpful suggestion.  Could I please get someone to do a CD Emigranten-lookup?  I am hopeful that it may reveal a destination beyond New York harbour.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna