ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Nordström, Oscar F b1857 ?. Emigr 1880-1884 to Dunn WI  (läst 521 gånger)

2013-01-04, 01:18
läst 521 gånger

Utloggad Tracy Steiner

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 2
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-06-21, 23:22
    • Visa profil
I am looking for the birthplace in Sweden for Oscar Fredrik Nordström born about 1857. He immigrated to Dunn County, Wisconsin between 1880-1884, but I am unable to find any immigration records. He married Martha Kjestolsen in January 1885. He had 2 children, Clara Juliana and Gustav Adolph. His son's birth record says he was born about 1857 and he must have immigrated to America between 1880-1884.  

He disappears from records around 1892 and his wife remarried in 1896. I have Oscar's wedding record which says his parents are Anders and Maren Anderson. However, when I look at the census records in Dunn co, Wi and immigration records, I find Anders and Maren with a family but no Oscar.  
The Andersons are also listed as being Norwegian, but Oscar is Swedish. I believe they were a couple who assisted Oscar when he came to America, and he listed them as parents when he got married. His name is spelled Oscar Northstream on land records for Dunn county. There is a family story that he was a logger and went to Eau Claire to get his paycheck and never returned home. A body was then found in the spring believed to be Oscar. I haven't found any proof of the story or any death record.  

I hope someone has come across any information about Oscar. This has been a family mystery for decades. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Tracy

2014-02-06, 20:34
Svar #1

Utloggad Marianne Karlsson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 469
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-25, 10:25
    • Visa profil
Hi, are you sure about wedding 1885?
I did find one Oscar Fredrik Nordström in Swedish records year 1880. He was born Febr 24, 1855 in Karlskrona. Married in 1882, moved with wife and daughter to Ronneby 1883, but was divorced in February 1885. He is then written as moved to England June 1885, but that is changed into Gothenburg. But from there he could have emigrated. I´ve not followed him further. Of course, your OFN had perhaps already left Sweden in 1880.  What do you think?   Marianne

2014-03-30, 17:49
Svar #2

Utloggad Tracy Steiner

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 2
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-06-21, 23:22
    • Visa profil
Thank you Marianne. I have the marriage record, so I am sure about that date, that is one of the only actual records I do have of Oscar. I appreciate your assistance. Tracy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna