ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2000-09-23  (läst 2014 gånger)

2000-05-23, 18:35
läst 2014 gånger

mats

Hej Birgitta!

Det var många personer från Ådals-Liden som utvandrade via Trondheim, Norge. Möjligen har Karl Oskar också åkt den vägen. På Östersunds Landsarkiv finns ett register med utvandrade från Trondheim och jag kan se (vid tillfälle) om jag hittar honom där!

Mvh Mats Johansson

2000-05-25, 01:48
Svar #1

Chris Troy

Daniel, We need the exact date of death of Per Edvard Cardell in Chicago.  Do you know what it was?  Can you find out?  The archivist, Jeanie Child, said that, because the old files have to be retrieved from storage, it will probably be July before we get an answer. She also said that the staff can do the search, and if the cost of copying and mailing is under $50 US, they will go ahead and mail it.  It may come to more, depending on how much information we can give them and how long the search takes.  Do you still want to go ahead with this?

2000-05-25, 22:51
Svar #2

mats

Hej Birgitta!

Jag letade Karl Oskar i registret från Trondheim men kunde inte hitta honom där. Han var sjöman och det gör att han kan ha mönstrat på någon båt och sedan hoppat av. Möjligen finns det mera uppgifter om honom i Sjömansregistret för Härnösands sjömanshus.

Om man vill leta utflyttade från Trondheim så har Digitalarkivet i Norge lagt ut passagerarlistor, från Trondheim mellan 1893-1900, på nätet!

/Mats

2000-05-26, 00:26
Svar #3

Utloggad Sven-Ove Brattström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3276
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-09, 14:25
  • Bilden är gammal, mera rynkor nu :)
    • Visa profil
Till Mats!
Hur är internetadressen till digitalarkivet ?
MVH     Sven-Ove Brattström
Brattis (före 2004 Linewizard) = Sven-Ove Brattström

2000-05-26, 00:37
Svar #4

mats

Hej Sven-Ove!

Adressen till Digitalarkivet är följande:
http://www.hist.uib.no/arkivverket/
Där går man på emigranter i den nedre menyn och kan välja flera Norska hamnar. För att hitta Trondheim 1893-1900 kan man ta följande adress direkt:  
http://www.hist.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?narkivverket/emitrond  

mvh Mats

2000-06-14, 10:23
Svar #5

Utloggad Kurt Andersson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 28
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-05-07, 21:13
    • Visa profil
I am searching for the children or grandchildren of Anna Britta Johansson (Johansdotter), who was born in the 26 of februari 1886. In1904 she moved to the USA from myckleby panish in the westcoast of Sweden (Orust). Anna marrid
Ed with John Pedersen or Pettersen from Norway. They got thre children (4) Two of  them named Ruth and Olive. Anna came to Boston Mass where she lived by her brother  Karl Johansson, who owned a farm in Brockton outside Boston. Later on, Anna moved to Concord, 500 ca 500 km north of Boston, she died in USA 1917. Anna was the sister of my grandmother, so A am doing this research for my mother and her brothers and sister. They realy would appreciate to get in contact with their relatives in the USA.
Please reply to Kurt Andersson Burås 2211 47294 Svanesund Sweden  
Tel + 46 304 44591

2000-06-14, 21:44
Svar #6

Elize McLean

To Curt Andersson!
Why not look in at:  www.concordma.com  
Maybe you can get contact with relatives in Concord,Boston or Brockton-area by their Guestbook or through their excellent Concord Magazine.... send the editor a mail with qustions, I'm sure they can give you advises and a little help.There is lokal papers, Homesites and I'm sure they help you if they can. You can even send your family-story to the Magazine, with names, years and places -who knows what can come out of that! You know americans with roots in Sweden are all concerned about how to fill in missing names and will be happy if you and your family are the missing pieces!  All of luck!

2000-06-15, 00:04
Svar #7

Pia Stråhle Nichols

Kurt,
Jag undrar till vilket Concord, Anna flyttade. Concord, Mass. ligger cir 15 km väster om Boston. Concord, New Hampshire (Capital) cir 100 km norr om Boston.
Om Anna flyttade till New Hampshire, can du kanske få lite hjälp vid de här sites

http://genforum.genealogy.com/nh/
http://www.rootsquest.com/~usgwnhus/

2000-06-16, 16:58
Svar #8

Cindy Forney

Kurt, I don't know if this is the same family or not.  Do you recognise any of the following? :

1890 Census, Ölme, Värmland  
       August Tång f. 1859, Soldat  
       Charlotta Andersdotter f. 1854  
       Klara Olivia f. 1877  
       Karl Hjalmar f. 1879  
       Emma Katarina f. 1881  
       Sofia f. 1883  
       Hilma Josefina f. 1886  

Karl, Ann, Emma, and Sophia emigrated to the USA. Karl and Ann lived on the east coast, particular areas currently unknown.  Sophia married a Bredberg and lived in Schenectady, New York in 1973.  Emma (my great-grandmother) lived in Ohio.  

Anna Britta born 1886 (Kurt's posting) and my Ann don't exactly fit the 1890 census info, but there seem to be too many similarities here to overlook a possible connection.

2000-06-20, 16:58
Svar #9

Carina Darforth

Hej.  

Jag söker nu levande släktingar i USA. Jag har en adress från omkring 1970-75 och har sökt i amerikanska telefonkatalogen (www.switchboard.com) men de finns inte kvar där, om de lever. Jag har förnamn på två barn och har även sökt på dem, men de finns inte i hela USA. Hur går jag vidare?  

Hello.

I search for now living relatives in USA. I have an address from around 1970-75 and did search in american phonebook, but they are not there, if they are alive. I do have firstname of two children and did also search for them without success. How will I go further?

Mvh Carina

2000-07-08, 11:30
Svar #10

Per-Anders Lundh

Jag undrar om någon skulle kunna hjälpa mig med en ungefärlig kostnad för en utvandrare från Sverige till Nordamerika omkring förra sekelskiftet. Hur mycket kostade biljetten?
Per-Anders Lundh

2000-07-08, 19:47
Svar #11

Karin Selldin

Hej Carina!

Den här är en annan adress till telefonkatalogen i USA:
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/Phone

Och här är adressen till USA:s dödbok:
http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm

Du kan ju försöka och se om du hittar dina släktingar på någon av dem.

Hälsningar Karin

2000-07-16, 09:14
Svar #12

ingrid

Maybe You can help me to solve a problem?
I'm searching for ancestors/relatives/children to:
Elisabeth Anderson born as Lisa Kristina Hansson, in the year 1891, 6th of january,  in a small village Klovsjo in Jamtland Sweden, she grew up as fosterchild to an uncle and aunt on my mothers side: Jons Anderson & Agnes Jonsdotter in the village of Mo, parrish Berg (Hoverberg)  in Jamtland, Sweden.
Elisabeth/Lisa emigrated to USA, 8th of may 1910. Maybe she went by ship via Trondheim, Oslo or Bergen ...maybe from Gothenburg. I guess she married a swede with surename Anderson, as that is the name she used in contact with my grandmother.The contact ended around 1950 -I have heard that she died around 1950 -maybe earlier?  

Elisabeth/Lisa  had three children: Hugo, Sigurd and Agnes (I'm not quite sure of the girls name) sorry to say I don't have the name of her husband. The children must have been born somewhere in the years 1910-1920?

The whole family visited Sweden in  1930... as my mother told me. My mother thought that they planned to stay in Sweden, but they didn't.  
I think that the children must have talked a lot about this long journey and they must have told their children about it and... Well maybe there are great-grandchildren still today that remember they've heard about this journey? And they know that this Elisabeth/Lisa  must be their great great grandmother?
 I remember names of places/states that I read on christmas-cards they used to sent my grandmother: names as Minnesota, St Paul,Seattle, Edmonton(Alberta?) -so I guess they moved around.... But where did they settle down for good?  
As all my old folks are gone, I hope to get a respond this way. I hope they stayed in USA or... maybe Canada? and that someone out there read this, knowing this is their family-story.

2000-07-21, 14:39
Svar #13

Lena S

Can someone help me?
I´m looking for a sister and brother that emigrated from By parish. It´s Anna Maria Erixon born 27th of sep 1869 and emigrated 20nd of jan 1888 and her destination were Chicago. Fredrik  Adrian was born 19th of july 1875. He emigrated 23rd of march 1909 hisdestination was also Chicago. I know that Anna Maria got married, but not his name. She got at least one son, Emil.  
Fredrik Adrian sometimes used the namn Lindén instead of Erixon.
How do I go forward?
Lena S

2000-08-01, 16:52
Svar #14

Carina Darforth

Hej Karin Selldin och alla ni andra som söker släktingar i Amerika.

Vill bara meddela att jag lyckades! Jag sökte efter ättlingar till släktingar som emigrerade omkring 1900. Fick slutligen tag i ett namn som möjligtvis skulle kunna hjälpa mig. Jag chansade att personen var den rätta och skrev ett brev, och jag träffade rätt! Jag fick adresser till min släkt och har redan fått svar. De var överlyckliga att få höra från Sverige efter flera generationer.

Jag vill bara säja till er som kört fast; Ge inte upp, det finns hopp!

www.whowhere.lycos.com/Phone (telefonkatalogen
www.switchboard.com (telefonkatalogen)
www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm (USA´s dödbok)

Mvh Carina

2000-08-14, 09:57
Svar #15

Tina Sjögren

Hallo!
Are there maybe someone that can help me?
I'm searching for some relative's. My grandmother's aunt Hannah Gustafson born 1881-01-07 in Öhr, Sweden and her husband Hjalmar Gustafson born 1875-06-16 in Halmstad went to Chicago, IL somewhere between 1901-1920. I know the adress they had in Chicago, it was 2622 Agryle st, Chicago Il. They had two children with the namne Carl and Harry. According to my grandmother Carl should have died in a car accident, but Harry can be alive and he maybe have a daughter. I have search in ancestry's page's but can't find anything. I can't get any longer, please help me.
Best regards, Tina

2000-08-15, 04:05
Svar #16

Utloggad Floyd Hallberg

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 99
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-02-22, 23:43
    • Visa profil
Hello Tina,
I will try some searching for you.
Regards,
Floyd

2000-08-22, 05:54
Svar #17

Utloggad Floyd Hallberg

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hello Tina,
I need more information about Harry and Carl if you have it.
I tried searching for the 2622 Agryle St. address in Chicago.  There does not seem to be an Agryle St.  Did you perhaps mean Argyle instead.  However, there is no 2622 address for Argyle St. either.  The closest I found is 2618 and 2624.
If you can send more details, maybe I can find something.
You did not complete an E-post so it is difficult to communicate with you.
Regards,
Floyd

2000-08-22, 21:58
Svar #18

Björn Stockman

Tekla Eufemia Cedergren f 1883 16/9 i Åby /H/
gift1909 med Gottfrid Bengtsson Wijk f 1872 Övraby /N/
änka 1911 11/8 S:t Nikolai /N/
Hon flyttade till Amerika 1913 23/4 från Gärdslösa /H/ Öland.
De hade barnen
Lissie Helena Kristina f 1909 3/10 Enslöv /N/
Karl Olof Gottfrid f 1911 23/4 Halmstad
De utvandrade
1919 14/5 från Gärdslösa till Amerika.
Finns det någon som känner till deras fortsatta levene?
MVH Björn

2000-08-27, 09:59
Svar #19

Utloggad Johnny Nyberg

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 71
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-24, 16:26
    • Visa profil
I'm looking for ancestors/relatives/children to:  
Gustav Edvard Brunberg born 1854 30th of  
april, on/at Öland.
He left Sweden 1897, in the end of november?
I think the destination was somewhere  
in Pennsylvania.

The same goes for Gerald S Gardanier born  
in Albion in Michigan 1905. He married Miss  
Helen Starcross in 1924, 6th december.

Regards
Johnny Nyberg

2000-08-28, 20:29
Svar #20

Utloggad Marianne Fröding

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 420
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-15, 20:59
    • Visa profil
På släktforskarstämman i Linköping fick jag hjälp av flickorna på Emigrantregistret i Karlstad att söka i deras nya databas över emigranter, och där hittade jag en saknad emigtrant:
Karl August Jonsson *1859-08-04 född i Eksjö Lsf, Älghult.Han emigrerade under namnet Lindvall och destination New York. Jag undrar nu; känner någon till något om denne man? Har sökt i SSDI, men utan resultat. Hur går jag vidare på internet?
MVH/Marianne

2000-08-29, 21:20
Svar #21

Birgitta Persson

I'm looking for children, grandchildren, etc. to:

MAJA CAJSA (Maria Catharina) BERGSTRÖM, born 1840 Feb. 27th in Berg parish, Västergötland.
Married 1865 in Stockholm to
LARS JOHAN LAGERSTRÖM, (Schagerström in Sweden)
born 1841 July 20th in Våmb, (Skövde) Västergötland. Bricklayer.
Their son JOHAN THEODOR, born 1865 June 12th in Hedvig Eleonora parish, Stockholm.
They left Sweden, from Stockholm, 1868.
Lives in Topeka, Kansas, 1899.

CHRISTINA BERGSTRÖM, born 1842 Feb. 19 in Berg.
Married to JOHANNES JONSSON, born 1840 Dec. 7th in Odensåker, Västergötland.
They left Sweden 1869 and lives in Topeka, Kansas, 1899.

ANNA BERGSTRÖM, born 1845 Mar. 18th in Berg.
Married to JONAS SANDSTRÖM.  
They lives in Chicago, Illinois, 1899.

JOHAN PETTER BERGSTRÖM (In USA MONTAN or MONTAIN)
born 1848 Mar. 23th in Berg. Builder and bricklayer in Chicago. Dead before 1899.
Left Sweden, from Stockholm, 1868.
4 child: EDIT, JOHN, AGNES and FLORENS. All of them was born in Chicago.

LARS JOHAN BERGSTRÖM, born 1854 Feb. 4th in Timmersdala, Västergötland.
He lives in Chicago 1899.

CARL JOHAN SIGFRID MALMBERG, born 1905 Nov. 28th in Lindsborg, Kansas. (Grandchild to Christina.)

2000-08-30, 05:53
Svar #22

Utloggad Floyd Hallberg

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hello Birgitta,
As a start, go to www.lindsborg.org
This site has several places in its directory to look and to inquire about who there in Lindsborg could help you trace the descendants.  It is a city that is extremely proud of its Swedish heritage.
The Chicago descendants would be much harder to track.
Good Luck.
Floyd Hallberg, Wausau, Wisconsin, USA

2000-08-30, 06:25
Svar #23

Utloggad Floyd Hallberg

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hello Birgitta, again,
I have found a Carl Malmberg born 28 Nov 1905 and who died 9 Mar. 1989 in Hays, Ellis county, Kansas.  
I have posted an inquiry in that county's web site asking for help.
I will try to get an obituary somehow.
Regards,
Floyd

2000-08-30, 22:15
Svar #24

Birgitta Persson

I'm looking for children to ELSA JOHNSSON, born 1902 Dec. 20th in Simrishamns area, Skåne. Emigr. 1931 to Boston.
Dead in August 1975 in Malden, Middlesex Co., MA.
Address: 19 Henry st.
She were married and they had 3 child.

2000-09-01, 21:44
Svar #25

Elisabet Bergkvist

Min farmors syster, Elise Nathalia Andersson, född 1873-04-21 i Väsby (M), emigrerade till USA 1895. (Hon åkte över Göteborg, funnen på Emigrant-CD:n.) Hon bosatte sig i New York, gifte sig med en (byggmästare) Frans och fick tre döttrar: Helén, Francis och Alma.
På ett vykort hem visas deras hus med texten: Vårt hem i Armonk Villa Park, skrivet i Yonkers 1912.  
Men vad hette mannen i efternamn? Hur går jag tillväga för att hitta familjen?

My grandmothers sister, Elise Nathalia Andersson, born Apr 21, 1873 in Väsby, emigrated to the USA in 1895. She settled in New York, married Frans and got three daughters: Helén, Francis och Alma.
A postcard home shows their house with the text: Our home in Armonk Villa Park, written in Yonkers 1912.
But what was the last name of her husband? How can I get information on the family?
Elisabet

2000-09-09, 18:11
Svar #26

Utloggad Floyd Hallberg

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hej Birgitta,
I have found Richard Malmberg that was on your posting of 29 August 2000.
I have talked to him on the phone, and he is definitely the one.  He recognizes many of the people on your
list.  He would like to hear from you and can be reached on his e-mail address below.
His address is the the following:

Richard Malmberg                                                  
3006 Olympia Drive
Decatur, Illinois  62521
USA

Telephone:  217-767-2219                               E-mail:   vmalmberg@home.com

Best regards
Floyd Hallberg
Wausau, Wisconsin, USA

2000-09-10, 14:30
Svar #27

Björn Spångberg

I am seeking information about my grandmother's mother Johanna Svensdotter (Svensson) and her children Carl Magnus Ek and Clara Amalia Ek, who emigrated in 1884, October, from Gothenburg, Sweden with declared (final) destination Philadelphia, North America. They first went on the steamship Romeo from Gothenburg to Hull in England; departure from Gothenburg 10 October, 1884 (Reference No. 25:521:8340, received from the emigrant lists at Landsarkivet in Gothenburg, the provincial record office). Johanna was registered by the surname of Svensson on her departure from Gothenburg and was registered 37 years old. Their further way on to USA I know nothing about. A brother-in-law of Johanna, the unmarried man Carl Gustav Ek (my grandmother's uncle on her father's side) accompanied them on their emigration journey. His reference No. in the emigrant lists is 25:521:8339.
The background to my inquiry is as follows:
Johanna Svensdotter was born 21 Feb 1846 in Hogstad parish,  province of Ostergotland, Sweden. She got married 30 Oct 1873 in Hogstad to Anders Magnus Ek, born 13 Dec 1840 in Hogstad. Anders Magnus Ek died 5 Feb 1884 and left Johanna with their three children:
1) Anna Charlotta Ek, born 16 March 1876 (my grandmother; my mother's mother)
2) Carl Magnus Ek, born 27 April 1878.
3) Clara Amalia, born 12 Aug 1882.
The following fall (autumn) 1884 Johanna, recent widow, thus emigrates with her two youngest children, Carl Magnus and Clara Amalia, and Johanna's brother-in-law Carl Gustav Ek (born 14 Sept 1849 in Hogstad). My grandmother Anna Charlotta, who at that time was 8 years old, didn't get the opportunity to accompany the rest of her family, but was instead adopted by a married, childless couple in Linkoping, Ostergotland. My grandmother never heard from her mother or sister and brother again.
I have searched in Familysearch on Internet and found some information about Carl Gustav Ek. Except his birth date (14 Sept 1849 in Hogstad) it says that he died 30 April 1905, but not where. It has turned out through my search in Familysearch that my grandmother had one more uncle (also on her father's side) who emigrated to USA as well, but on another occasion than Johanna and her children and Carl Gustav Ek. His name was Johan August Ek, born 15 Dec 1833 in Hogstad. I didn't know about him until I noticed him in Familysearch registered as a relative of Carl Gustav Ek. In USA Johan August was called John August Ekman. He settled down in Salt Lake City, Utah as a Mormon. I have now begun to correspond with one of John August's descendants in Utah but he has not been able to help me trace Johanna, Carl Magnus and Clara Amalia and neither Carl Gustav Ek.
I would be enormously pleased if someone could help me in my efforts trying to know what happened to Johanna and her children over there.
Best regards,
Björn Spångberg

2000-09-11, 13:07
Svar #28

Utloggad Kent Anderson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 379
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-03-28, 22:32
    • Visa profil
Anywone in USA whos family came from Västergötland,
Lekåsa/Barna Åsaka, Sweden arond 1850-1930.
Kent Anderson.

2000-09-23, 17:29
Svar #29

Camilla Jonsson

I?m looking for children and grandchildren to:

Carl August Andersson born 1862-01-08
Left Sweden from Kristianopel 1893-05-05  
Dest. Iron River

Hanna Sofia Andersdotter born 1864-10-20
Left Sweden 1883-05-04 Dest.New York
Her son Charles Frederic Thomas

Carolina Charlotta Andersdotter born 1866-09-16
Left Sweden 1891-04-17 Dest. Chicago

Gertrud Maria Andersdotter born 1873-09-19
Left Sweden 1892-09-19 Dest. N.America
Her husband Peter Jensen and her son William E.

Regards Camilla,Karlskrona

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna