ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Pehrsson Staf, Pehr f1815 Kall. Utv med familj fr Undersåker 1873  (läst 843 gånger)

2014-04-14, 22:38
läst 843 gånger

Utloggad Lena Persson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 152
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-07-28, 22:22
    • Visa profil
Pehr och hans hustru Märtha Hansdotter, samt tre av deras barn: Märet, Pehr Jonas och Gustaf emigrerade 1873 till Mankato, Blue Earth i Minnesota. De reste från Undersåker via Trondheim. Året dessförinnan hade två söner, Olof och Pehr, gett sig iväg och 1870 reste första familjemedlemmen Hans. Jag vet inte varifrån de här tre reste. Hans var gift med Anika Olsdotter och hans hustru åkte från Undersåker  två år efter Hans, möjligen tillsammans med Hans två bröder.

Jag kan inte se att familjen kommer fram - och hoppas på hjälp.

Lena

2014-04-15, 11:17
Svar #1

Utloggad Maud Mårtensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2920
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-07-31, 09:45
    • Visa profil
Lena,

Kanske bytte åtminstone delar av familjen namn i USA. Du verkar bekant med Emigranter fra Trondheim hos norska Digitalarkivet. Där finns, med avresa 21/4 1870, Hans Persson Nystrøm 24 år från Undersåker, samt hans bror Oluf Nystrøm 21 år. Destination Milwaukee. Peter Nystrøm, 32 år från Undersåker, reste 19/7 1871 till Saint Paul. Det finns också en Anna Olafsd., 28 år och gift, som reser till Mankato, Ill (?) 23/3 1872.

Census 1880 hör dessbättre till det som är gratis på Ancestry. Där hittar man i Bigelow, Nobles County, Minnesota denna familj:

Name:   Hans Nystrom
Birth Year:   abt 1846
Birthplace:   Sweden
Relation to Head of House:   Self (Head)
Marital Status:   Married
Spouse's Name:   Annie Nystrom
Father's Birthplace:   Sweden
Mother's Birthplace:   Sweden
Household Members:   Name   Age
Hans Nystrom    34
Annie Nystrom    36
Matilda Nystrom    6
Ole Nystrom    4
Hannah Nystrom    3
Emma Nystrom    2
Peter Nystrom    6m

På samma ställe bodde även dessa:

Name:   Peter Nystrom
Birth Year:   abt 1815
Birthplace:   Sweden
Home in 1880:   Bigelow, Nobles, Minnesota
Relation to Head of House:   Father
Marital Status:   Married
Spouse's Name:   Martha Nystrom
Father's Birthplace:   Sweden
Mother's Birthplace:   Sweden
Household Members:   Name   Age
Peter Nystrom    41
Peter Nystrom    65
Martha Nystrom    68

Födelsedatumen för familjemedlemmarna är enligt hfl: Per sr 1815-12-24, Märta 1812-02-09, Per jr 1839-06-26, Marit 1842-07-17, Hans 1846-04-08, Olof 1849-04-12, Per Jonas 1852-09-08 och Gustaf 1855-11-28.

2014-04-15, 11:55
Svar #2

Utloggad Maud Mårtensson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Det stämmer nog, fann denna sida vid googling. Se texten nedan.

Avsnitt ur An Illustrated History of Nobles County Minnesota av Arthur P. Rose utgiven 1908.

Hans Nystrom, of Bigelow township, is one of the pioneer settlers of that township, having come with the very first settlers there. He was born in Jemtland, Sweden, April 6, 1846. His parents were Peter and Martha (Hanson) Nystrom, both of whom died in Bigelow township, the former in 1892, the latter in 1898.

Hans received an education in the Swedish schools and was raised on a farm. After reaching an age when he was able to do a man's work he began work in the copper mines. At this work he was engaged four years in Sweden and three years in Norway. He came to America in 1870, arriving in Quebec, Canada, on May 9. From there he went to Milwaukee, Wis., and then direct to Holland, Mich., where he worked for a short time on the railroad. In the latter part of the year 1870 he went to Duluth, where he worked three months, and then proceeded to St. Paul. There he secured work for a short time on the Wisconsin Central railroad, and in the early part of March, 1871, secured work on the Saint Paul & Sioux Cityrailroad, which was then building through southwestern Minnesota. While thus employed, in the summer of that year, he came to Nobles county with several of his companions and took as a homestead claim the southwest quarter of section 24, Bigelow township. After making his filing he continued his work on the railroad, but early in the spring of 1872 moved onto his claim, and that has been his home ever since. His place is finely improved and he has one of the finest groves in the vicinity, the start of which was from cuttings secured from a place near the village of Jackson. Mr. Nystrom made the journey on foot to secure them in the early days. He farmed his land until the year 1908, when he retired from active business, having turned the management of the place over to his sons. In addition to his homestead Mr. Nystrom owns a quarter section of land adjoining.

In Sweden Mr. Nystrom was united in marriage to Anna Olson. They are the parents of the following named children: Tilda (Mrs. Frank Blixt), of Indian Lake; O. H., a farmer of Bigelow township; Hannah (Mrs. A. J. Olund), of Worthington; Emma (Mrs. Anton F. Holm), of Indian Lake; Peter H., Minnie, Dan and Henry, who reside at home. Mr. and Mrs. Nystrom and all the children are members of the Swedish Baptist church of Indian Lake, the parents having held their membership since 1875. For several years Mr. Nystrom served as director of the school district in which he lives.

(Meddelandet ändrat av Mm_zw 2014-04-15 12:44)

2014-04-15, 12:08
Svar #3

Utloggad Maud Mårtensson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
... och här sidan om Olof från samma källa:

Ole Nystrom. Among the very first settlers of Bigelow township was a small party of Scandinavians, among which was the gentleman whose name heads this sketch. He was born in Jemtland, Sweden, April 12, 1849, the son of Peter and Martha (Hanson) Nystrom.

During the first twenty-one years of his life Ole Nystrom lived in his native land. When he was sixteen years of age he began working in the copper mines and followed that occupation during the greater part of his residence there, although he worked at farm work some. In company with his brother, Hans Nystrom, he came to America in 1870 and went to Milwaukee. In the vicinity of that city the brothers worked on the railroad for six weeks. They then went to Duluth, where they worked in the stone quarries till late in the fall, and thereafter engaged in railroad work in Wisconsin until the spring of 1871.

He then went to St. James, Minn., and secured work on the railroad that was building through southwestern Minnesota. There a partnership was formed by L. B. Bennett, Ole Nystrom, Hans Nystrom, Elof Nordquist, Erick Mahlberg, Peter Wickstrom and C. J. Wickstrom, who secured a contract from the head contractor to do grading on the new road and worked along the line from St. James to Sioux City. During the month of June, 1871, the members of the party left their work at Windom and, under the leadership of Mr. Bennett, took claims south of the prospective town of Worthington, all in Bigelow township except Mr. Nordquist, who filed on land in Indian Lake. Ole Nystrom took as his claim the northwest quarter of section 24. A short time after making his filing he put up a little sod shanty but did not make his permanent residence there until two years later, putting in most of his time working on the road. He moved onto the place in 1873 and began farming. He lived in the sod shanty until 1877, when he erected his first frame house. On his original homestead he has lived ever since. He has added to his possessions by the purchase of 120 acres of land in the same vicinity.

Mr. Nystrom was married in Bigelow township May 13, 1892, to Christine Moberg, daughter of the late Jonas Moberg and Elizabeth Moberg. Mrs. Nystrom was born in Sweden, came to the United States in 1870 and to Nobles county in the fall of 1871. To them have been born the following children: Myrtle, Alice, Reuben. Mr. and Mrs. Nystrom are members of the Swedish Baptist church of Indian Lake.

2014-04-15, 12:24
Svar #4

Utloggad Maud Mårtensson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil

2014-04-15, 12:42
Svar #5

Utloggad Maud Mårtensson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Här lite om en av Hans söner.

Ole H. Nystrom, Bigelow township farmer, is a native of Nobles county, having been born in Bigelow township Oct 8, 1874, the son of Hans and Anna (Olson) Nystrom.  

Until .... he resided on the home farm in Bigelow township, working at farm work for his father and engaging in the thresj- ing business. In the year last named he went to Boone, Iowa, and for five years was a fireman on the Chicago & North- western railroad, his run during the greater part of the time being between Boone and Council Bluffs and Omaha. In 1903 he returned to Nobles county and located on the farm where he has since made his home -120 acres on section 14, Bigelow township. He bought the farm in 1899.  

Mr. Nystrom was married in Bigelow township Sept. 28, 1899, to Emma Wickstrom, daughter of C. J. and Bertha Wickstrom. To Mr. and Mrs. Nystrom have been born the following children: Lawrence Oscar, born April 15, 1901; Frances Evelyn, born Feb. 28, 1904; Roy, born Oct. 16, 1906, died Jan. 15, 1907.  

Mr. and Mrs. Nystrom are members of the Baptist church of Indian Lake. He is the treasurer of Bigelow township, having been elected in the spring of 1908. He is also clerk of school district No. 26, which he has held for two years.

2014-04-15, 14:49
Svar #6

Utloggad Maud Mårtensson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Det kan vara så att även Gustaf och Per Jonas - som väl rimligen bör har kallats Jonas - också var bosatta i Nobles County, men i Indian Lake. Av googlandet att döma alltså. Man får också en hel del träffar på dödsrunor för personer som förefaller vara sentida Nyströmättlingar.

Här kan man få veta lite mer om Nyströmarnas homesteads.

Det finns tre intressanta vigslar i Nobles County varav den sista säkert är Olofs. Gust skulle kanske kunna vara Gustaf och John Jonas. Källa: Minnesota Official Marrigae System. Marit sägs i hfl vara krympling och bildade kanske aldrig någon familj. Per var ogift vid 41 års ålder.

Nobles 10/31/1881 Nystrom, Gust - Boburg, Maggie  
Nobles 07/04/1874 Nystrom, John - Olson, Annie Mary  
Nobles 05/13/1892 Nystrom, Ole - Moberg, Christina

2014-04-15, 16:05
Svar #7

Utloggad Maud Mårtensson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Jodå, här är Gust Nystrom på Find A Grave. Född 28/11 1855, död 25/12 1932 och begravd på Indian Lake Baptist Church Cemetery, Worthington, Nobles County. Här hustrun Margaret. Här, på samma kyrkogård, finns en John Nystrom född 1852 (rätt födelseår i alla fall) och död i augusti 1934. Med länk till hustrun Anna Martha. Här finns även en Peter Person Nystrom jr begravd. Sägs vara född 29/7 1839, vilket inte stämmer riktigt, och död 14/10 1919.

Föräldrarna är begravda på samma kyrkogård liksom Hans och Olof med hustrur.

(Meddelandet ändrat av Mm_zw 2014-04-15 16:18)

(Meddelandet ändrat av Mm_zw 2014-04-15 16:20)

2014-04-15, 17:45
Svar #8

Utloggad Lena Persson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 152
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-07-28, 22:22
    • Visa profil
Du är underbar Maud! Som jag har letat, men utan att fatta att familjenamnet Staf hade bytts ut till mammans Nyström. Och så mycket uppgifter du har skrapat ihop. Jag är så tacksam!
Stor kram från Lena

2014-04-15, 17:56
Svar #9

Utloggad Maud Mårtensson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hittade lite till också...

Enligt den här googleträffen så gifte sig även Marit/Märet. Hon finns också på Find A Grave som de andra. Födelsedatumet stämmer dock inte riktigt. Och i census 1880 finns ett nioårigt barn i den familjen (tror jag), vilket inte stämmer med Märets immigration 1873. Kanske census 1900 kan ge klarhet.  

Det finns en vigsel i Nobles 18/10 1873 mellan John Blixt och May Neistrum. Om John var änkeman och Märet slog till efter kort betänketid (hon reste från Trondheim 15/4 1873) kanske det ändå kan stämma.

I boken The Nearly Departed av Michael Norman som det finns några sidor av på nätet står det om en Mrs Blixt som omkom i en fruktansvärd snöstorm 7/1 1873 i Nobles. Det stämmer bra in på Find A Graves Sophia Mrs John Engvall Blixt.

Mary Nystrom
Born in Jemtland, Sweden on 29 Jul 1842 to Peter Nystrom and Martha Malberg. Mary married John Blixt. She passed away on 31 Jan 1920 in Indian Lake, Minnesota, USA.

(Meddelandet ändrat av Mm_zw 2014-04-15 18:14)

(Meddelandet ändrat av Mm_zw 2014-04-15 19:53)

(Meddelandet ändrat av Mm_zw 2014-04-15 22:09)

(Meddelandet ändrat av Mm_zw 2014-04-15 22:14)

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna