ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: People in St.Petersburg with roots in Scottland  (läst 324 gånger)

2012-01-20, 13:53
läst 324 gånger

Irmeli Grunau

I am looking for people in Scottland who probably had relatives in St. Petersburg.  

The first wife of the brother of my grandmother was Elisabeth, called Elsa, Stevens. Her roots were in Scottland in New Castle. They had the British nationality and they belonged to the English Church in St. Petersburg. Her father was Edvin John Stevens and he has died in March 1920, in times of the Russian Revolution (1917). He is buried in St. Petersburg. I may find more information.

Elsa Stevens (30.9.1899 - 24.5.1928) was an Emigrant and came to Vyborg. There some airplane poured its gasoline on her and she died. She had a son (my mother's cousin) that ended in Germany and got two sons. But the one died at the age of about 4 and the other (a Pharmacist) suddenly at the age of about 30, born 1947. So her line has died out.

It is possible that Elisabet Stevens was a noble lady.  

When she had died her husband married an other lady with some roots in Scottland - Alice G?mming, born 8.8.1885 - but they didn't have any children. They were married in Riga 1930 (I have the exact date). Her parents were Theodor Gumming and Alice, born Schumacher, but they didn't have any children. However, there is a note that something stupid had happened that we, however, never will know as the writer doesn't tell it to us. What might it have been?

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna