ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Tuite (nee Howard), Rebecca - Dead England 1748  (läst 456 gånger)

2013-10-21, 22:00
läst 456 gånger

Carl Fürst

Hi!

Looking for identity/parentage of a Rebecca Howard of prince's street, Lancaster, daughter of an unknown Howard and his wife Elizabeth. She married a planter in St. Croix in the West Indies Richard Tuite (who, to my knowledge, spent most of his time in England) and she died in 1748, later remarrying John Carter, M.D. She was probably born in the second half of the 17th century. Her will is dated 1756 and then she was living in Prince's street, London. The source for this information is www.vifamilies.org as well as Burke's Peerage. Could she be related to the Howard family of Carlisle who resided in the vicinity of Lancaster? The Tuite family was an old Norman one with base in Ireland and England, and was rather well off in the 18th century, which leads me to the conclusion that a noble ancestry (and perhaps a connection to the noble Howards) is entirely possible. In some sources, she is called 'Rebecca Philipps', which could be an error derived from a patronym.

Would highly appreciate any help with this since I've hit rather a dead end and have been trying to find her for quite a while. Any kind souls out there to give me a hand? What are the English sources for this type of research?

Regards,
Cf

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna