ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Fällström, Ulrika Kristina - b. May 4 1873 in Härnösand  (läst 2169 gånger)

2002-09-20, 21:54
läst 2169 gånger

Marie Bösch

I am looking for the parents of Ulrika Kristina Elvira Fällström born on May 3, 1873 in Härnosand, married August Leander Karlsson on 26 Dec 1894 in Härnosand. Please help if you can. I would be very grateful for any help.  
Marie Bösch

2002-09-21, 01:14
Svar #1

Chris Troy

2002-09-21, 11:29
Svar #2

Bo Johansson

There is an Ulrika Kristina Elvira Fällström b. 1873 in Hernösand (modern Härnösand) in the 1890 census
 http://www.foark.umu.se/census/y/personal.asp?lannr=22&forsnr=72&pnr=2072

She is piga (maid, servant) in the houshold of a shoemaker.

There are 10 people named Fällström in Härnösand, and 50 in Västernorrlands län.

I find no August Leander Karlsson in Västernorrlands län.

// Bo Johansson

2002-09-21, 11:39
Svar #3

Marie Boesch

Hej Bo!
Thank you for your help, but we already knew about the census. That does not give the parent's names. She married after the census and moved. We know that she was a maid in the household #2 but we don't know if she belonged to the family. We cannot seem to find parents for her.

Hello Chris!  
Thank you also for your help, but as you see from the answer above, the census does not help much. I need a birth record for Ulrika.

Marie Boesch

2002-09-21, 14:21
Svar #4

Rick Ekman

Hello Marie!

Try to post under Härnösand a subfolder to  Ångermanland.
This because not everyone reads postings under general questions.
Since Ulrika is born in Härnösand this gives you a greater chance of getting a hit!

2002-09-21, 15:12
Svar #5

Carina Sunesson

Hello Marie,
Here is some information about Ulrika Kristina
Elvira Fällström. Maybe you have it already?
In the household rolls for Härnösand the period of 1871-1880 her birthdate is May 4 1873.
Mother Maria Wilhemnina Zettsell, widow of  
Oskar Åkerblom. Maria b. Nov 8 1814 in Vadstena.
Ulrika Kristina is born out of wedlock with father unknown.
Born 1873 in Härnösand,where she lived at least until 1895 as her first child was born there.
She died in 1918 in Gävle.
Her husband August Leander Carlsson, born in
Linköping Sep 18 1868. Lived in Stockholm 1887 and in
Härnösand 1894.Died 1952 in Gävle.
Their children:
1) Hildur Elvira Augusta Carlsson
b. Feb 23 1895 Härnösand  (baptized Mar 25,
witnesses: Olga Fällström, Anna Löf, A Zetterström)
2) Gunnar Leander Carlsson
b.1899 Hille, Gävleborgs län  
3) Tora Josefina Carlsson
b. 1901 Hille, Gävleborgs län  
4) Gösta Anders August Carlsson
b. 1910 Gävle, Gävleborgs län  

My guess is that she had some kind of relation with the family where she worked as a maid, as the wifes last name before marriage was Åkerblom as well. Maybe they were cousins ( not really because she was born out of wedlock )

2002-09-21, 15:32
Svar #6

Utloggad Eva Dahlberg

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4039
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-12, 18:31
    • Visa profil
Hi Marie, some information on the children were provided already during the spring this year here on Anbytarforum.  
I provide the links here so that that job isn't done all over again:
here from February 2002 and here from March and April 2002.

Those cd:s are readily available so we often look to them, but what you need I guess is the lookups from the church books to go further back in time. It looks like Carina have been able to trace a further generation back. I suggest you take Rick's advice, but for the birth parish of her mother, that is Vadstena in the province of Östergötland. You know that English is OK to use also in that part of Anbytarforum.  

Good luck,
best regards,
Eva Dahlberg

2002-09-21, 15:44
Svar #7

Utloggad Eva Dahlberg

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4039
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-12, 18:31
    • Visa profil
Hej igen Marie,
I found what probably is August Leander Carlsson on the cd Sveriges Dödbok, the only new information in comparison to Carina's above, is the name of the parish and that he died in July. As you know the original books are all at Härnösands Landsarkiv, as is also the estate inventory after his death.

18680918-751
(Inga namn- eller adressuppgifter)
Död ?/7 1952.
Kyrkobokförd i Heliga Trefaldighet, Gävle kn, Gävleborgs län.
(Ingen uppgift om födelseort)
Änkling. (=widower)

Best regards,
Eva Dahlberg

2002-09-21, 21:33
Svar #8

Marie Boesch

Hello Rick!
Thank you for the help. With the information Carina sent things have gotten more complicated. I will remember your tip when posting my next questions.

Dear Carina!
Thank you so much for this really exciting and valuable information. Where did you find it? What puzzles me is why Ulrika is listed as a Fällström. I can understand if she was Zettsell or Åkerblom, but why Fällström? Do you have any ideas?The children are all correct as is the history you gave me. I thought we had the generations going back, but now I have to start all over again.

Hej Eva!
Thank you again for your help. THe july date is also what we have. This family confuses me more and more. Just when I think we have figured things out, the information changes! Please do not give up now. If you find any more information I would be very grateful.

Marie Boesch

2002-09-21, 22:10
Svar #9

Utloggad Siv Nauman

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 330
  • Senast inloggad: 2011-04-24, 22:33
    • Visa profil
August Leander Karlsson was born in Åtvid parish in Östergötland.  
18/9 1868 christining 20/9 1868 August Leander   mother maiden Augusta Maria Svensdotter father unknown.  
Kind regards
Siv Nauman

2002-09-21, 22:12
Svar #10

Carina Sunesson

Marie, I checked the household rolls and birthrolls on microfilm for Härnösand as I had them at home.
It was quite common that people changed or made new familynames at this time, it is nothing strange about that.
Your ancestor did not have a fathers name to carry, so she took a new name.

2002-09-22, 21:24
Svar #11

Marie Boesch

Dear Siv,
Thank you for the information on August Leander. I did have this but I will try to work back a little if I can. Perhaps I can get a date for Augusta and her parents.

Dear Carina,
Thank you again for your help. If she was listed in the birth records, would the last name have been given to her then or did she choose it herself as an adult? It is intersting that one of the sponsors at Hildur's christening was also a Fällström. I am also interested in the Zettsell name. That doesn't sound very Swedish to me.
Thanks again for all your help.

Marie Boesch

2002-09-23, 16:46
Svar #12

Carina Sunesson

Hi Marie, a childs last name is not listed in
the birthrolls.My guess is that she took it as an adult. Maybe the name was already used somewhere
in the familyline, and again maybe not.

2002-09-24, 09:00
Svar #13

Mr Nice guy

To Marie Boesch...

I see that you have asked about the name Zettsell but not got any answer. I'm not an expert but I can give you some hints. There are some familynames in Sweden of the same pattern like Petzell or Zetzell. I'm not sure of the origin but I believe it´s french. As far as I can tell it´s not a wallon-name, so it could be some sort of expert-immigration. Some af the later-day Zetzell´s seem to have been doctors and bureaucrats so it kinda supports that hunch.

But to get the whole picture you have to follow the zetzell-trail to the root...

2002-09-24, 09:37
Svar #14

Marie Boesch

Dear Mr. Nice Guy!
Thank you so much for this idea. I will go into the Mormon site and see if I can find any Zettsell names that seem logical. This family has been a very hard nut to crack!
Marie Boesch

2002-09-24, 13:02
Svar #15

Lotta Nordin (Lotta)

Hi Marie!

As said above, Maria Wilhelmina Zetzell was born in Vadstena.  
She was born Nov 8th 1814 and her father was tanner Zetzell and mother Mrs Larsson.  
Maria Wilhelmina was christened Nov 13th, and the witnesses were Hr(mr) Commissarien Ander Hog, Hr Carl Zetzell, H(mrs) Törnqvist, Mamsell Liedström and Jungfru Törnqvist.

The father's occupation is in swedish logarvaren and that is a special kind of tanner, but I can't find the word in english.  

Best regards
Lotta

2002-09-24, 13:18
Svar #16

Lotta Nordin (Lotta)

By the way....is it possible that Maria Wilhelmina, born 1814, is the mother of Ulrika Kristina, born 1873? She seems to be a little too old to become a mother (59 years).

2002-09-24, 22:24
Svar #17

Peter Karlsson / anbytarvärd (Peter)

Mr Nice guy!
It would be nice if you put in your full name in the box for 'Användarnamn' in the future (it's a part of the regulations for this forum..)

2002-09-25, 08:07
Svar #18

Utloggad Torsten Berglund

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 948
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-02-16, 01:20
    • Visa profil
Hello Marie!

Names like Zetzell, ending with -ell, is not uncommon in Sweden. There are a lot of names like that, for example: Annell, Retzell, Thorsell, Thorell, Wiksell. These names have no French origin, they are Swedish, and there is no reason to belief that there is a French connection for the Zetzell family name.  

As Lotta Nordin already has pointed out, Ulrika Kristina Elvira Fällström (born 1873) can't possible be the daughter of Maria Wilhelmina Zetzell (born 1814) . However you can find a genealogy of the Zetzell family in Victor Örnberg: Svenska Ättartal, 6, Stockholm 1890, p. 420-421. Örnberg gives the following information on Maria Zetzell and her ancestors:

Maria, married to a warrant officer [styckjunkare] in Stockholm.

Father: Joachim Zetzell, born 1779, died 1834, tanner [garvare] in Norrköping. Married 1805 to  
Mother: Anna Margareta Larsson.

Grandfather: Daniel Zetzell, born 1726, died 1809, manager [inspektor] on Kvissberg in Vinnersta, Östergötland. Married 1767 to
Grandmother: Maria Christina Joachimsdotter (of the 'Wedemö family'), born 1751, died 1810.

Great-grandfather: Olof Zetzell, born 1689, died 1769, tradesman [handlande] and member of the municipal court [rådman] in Söderköping. Married 1722 to  
Great-grandmother: Christina Persdotter Aw, born 1694, died 1752.

Great great-grandfather: Daniel Zetzell, born 1656, died 1714, innkeeper [gästgivare] on Fjärdingstad in Häradshammar, Östergötland. Married to  
Great great-grandmother: Maria Olofsdotter, born 1660, died 1716.  

Best regards
Torsten Berglund

2002-09-25, 08:57
Svar #19

Marie Boesch

Dear Torsten,
Thank you so much for this information. I still hope it fits somewhere. Is it possible that Ulrika was adopted into this family and then was listed as a daughter? I do not know if the information came from a birth listing or a houshold enumeration. There seems to be a missing generation here. There are so many Fällströms that I had never considered that her parents were not Fällströms. There are many mysteries in this family.
Marie Boesch

2002-09-25, 09:49
Svar #20

Lasse Nilsson

The Swedish craft logarvare is barker (or barkman) in English.

See also:
http://www.gendocs.demon.co.uk/trades.html

Rgds/Lasse

2002-09-27, 09:40
Svar #21

Marie Boesch

Hello Carina!
I am sorry to bother you about this again, but could you please tell me if you found Ulrika Kristin Elvira Fällström in a birth record or a household listing? I am wondering if she could have been adopted by this family (because of the mother's great age)and then listed as a daughter in the household census. If her entry was found as a birth record I am totally confused. Somewhere there must be an error.Is there any other way we can determine who her parents really were? This seems to be the one gigantic block to all my research.
Thank you for any help you may have for me.

Marie Boesch

2002-10-01, 13:51
Svar #22

Peter Karlsson / anbytarvärd (Peter)

Denna diskussion låg ursprungligen under Discussions in English: General questions: I need help!
En del frågor kvarstår (se här), men bl.a vad som står i dopboken bör fortsätta diskuteras här under denna rubrik..
(Men svara gärna på engelska..!)

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna