ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Andersson, Johan August born May 15,1855 or May 27 1856 Mössebo  (läst 379 gånger)

2000-04-25, 06:49
läst 379 gånger

Ishbel Cormack

I think Johan came from a small village named Mössebo,east or west of Lake Vattern. He was born May 15,1855 (on death certificate) or May 27, 1876 (grandson's letter). He had 8 or 9 brothers and sisters.
Johan went to USA about 1876 or 1877 and changed his name to August John Landeen. He died in Oregon, USA 1931.On his death certificate it said his father's name was Nels Landeen and his mother's name was Margarette I do not know if his father went to the USA and also changed his name.
I would like to find out where his family in Sweden came from and who they were.

2001-02-07, 15:15
Svar #1

Lillemor Tibblin

Hello Isbell!
I?m very new in this area, searching for relatives in the past. I don,t know if this is any help for you-but I,ll take a chance!
I live in i small town called Falköping, east of the lake Vättern. This side of town were I live, is called Mösseberg. It,s the name of a little mountain at the top of the town.

Best Wishes! Lillemor Tibblin Mösseberg Falköping.

2001-02-08, 05:36
Svar #2

Ishbel Cormack

Lillemor:I have not found Johan August(Jonas August). I did find that the only indication that he was from Mossebo was a letter addressed to him in 1910 postmarked Mossebo.Ihave since learned that his wife's sister and brother both married people from Mossebo.I have checked the birth records and also had a kind person from that area check the emigrations from there and everything indicates that he did not come from the Mossebo near Trameno.
It was very kind of you to help me. I feel I must get more information from the USA and work back to Sweden.

2001-06-19, 00:07
Svar #3

Eric Rolkert

hi Isabell!
There is a place that calls mossebo in north  
fogelos near the town Hjo, beside the lake  
vattern.

eri

2001-06-19, 15:09
Svar #4

Ishbel Cormack

Eric; Thank you for the information. Do you know what Parish this Mossebo is in?
I have just returned from my first visit to your beautiful Sweden. Everyone was so good to us.
We met several great relatives on my grandmother's side. They do not know anything about her husband
Johan August Andersson(August Landeen in USA)

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna