ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Johan August Lundgren  (läst 286 gånger)

2000-12-03, 03:58
läst 286 gånger

Jane Guercio

Magnus Johansson wrote:

Av Magnus Johansson - fredag den 11 aug 2000 kl. 07.41:  [Ändra]  

Hej!  

Finns någon av följande personer på Emigrant-skivan?  

John August Lundgren, född 1870. Inflyttade vid en ålder av femton år till Fitchburg, Massachusetts, USA. Enligt ättlingar till honom ska han komma från Sunne i Värmland.  

John Widlund och hustru Sarah Hedenburg. Makarna inflyttade till Fitchburg 1882 från Västmanland.  

Tack på förhand  
Magnus  
--------------------------------------------------John Widlund and Sarah Hedenberg were my great grandparents.  Johan August Lundgren married John and Sarah's daughter, Alice, in Fitchburg, Massachusetts and then moved to Attleboro, Massachusetts.  I would very much like to contact Magnus Johansson to discuss my family further.  If anyone else has any information or connection, please let me know.

Many Thanks,
Jane

2000-12-03, 15:27
Svar #1

Magnus Johansson

Hi Jane!

I'm not related to Widlund or Lundgren, but the husband to a relative in U.S. is a great grandchild to John August and Alice. I meet him last summer at an reunion near Vancouver and he is very interested in finding more information about his swedish ancestors. They don't have much information about the Lundgren or Widlund families so I haven't found much yet in Sweden. They only knew the name of John Widlund and Sarah Hedenberg, no birthdate or anything more. I saw that you had more information about John and Sarah. I could try to find them in the parishes you wrote as birth parishes. Do you have any more information about John August?

Greetings
Magnus

2000-12-04, 01:31
Svar #2

Jane Guercio

Hi Magnus,
Thanks for responding so quickly.  It really is a small world!  I called the Lundgren's in Attleboro.  I believe it was Matthew Lundgren you spoke with.  His great grandfather was Johan August Lundgren.  Anyways, I do have some more information.  Johan August Lundgren was born in Sunne parish in Värmland in 1871.  I found him in the 1890 census.  Here is the link:
http://www.foark.umu.se/folk/s/person.asp?lannr=17&forsnr=72&pnr=7777

I learned from Johan Lundgren's son that his father was an orphan.  His son and wife have tried to locate information about Johan's parents, when they were in Sweden, but they were unsuccessful.  Johan's son's wife is sending me the information she has on Johan.

Johan Widlund was born March 26, 1849 in the Kila Parish, Sala, Västmanland.  He came to the US on July 26, 1879.  I have been searching for a few years now. No one has been able to locate him in the parish records or in the Swedish passengerlists on the the CD Emigranten.

I do have information about Sarah Hedenberg.  Sarah was born April 07, 1850 in Berg, Gestad Parish, Älvsborg county, Dalsland.  Her parents were Anders Hedenberg, born 1803 in Björörke, and Maja Lisa Svensdotter, Born 1814 in in Björnerud, Gestad.  I am not sure if the information I received is from the parish records, but Sarah had a sister, Anna Lisa.  Her birthdate is written as March 5, 1850, and Sarah is April 7, 1850.  I would like to verify if this is correct.  I have much more about the Hedenberg family, but it is too much to put here.  

I'm not sure if you live in these areas, but, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.  Please let me know if you need any further information.

Many Thanks and Best Regards,
Jane

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna