ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: More help with translation from laga skifte  (läst 368 gånger)

2023-07-23, 23:34
läst 368 gånger

Utloggad George Lind

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 252
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-16, 00:26
    • Visa profil
Attached is an image taken from the laga skifte of Myggenäs in Tjörn in 1848.  The land has been equally divided between Andreas Andersson and Olof Heljisson.  This section is listing Andreas property.

Here is my attempt at the Swedish. 

"Mannhuset 22 alnar långt 9 alnar bredt och 3 dito högt innehåller Ryggåsstuga och kök samt en kammare 8 1/4 alnar läng 9 bred och 5 alnar hög, innehåller 2nd ram ladugården 27 alnar lång 11 alnar bred och 54 alnar hög, innehåller 1 lage lad och fähus täckt med tegel på lägten. - Stall och vidbad 6 1/4 alnar läng 4 alnar hög, täckt nu tegel på lägte.
Jordkällare 5 alnar låg 5 dito bred och 3 dito hög"

Running this through Google Translate produces the following which is not the greatest.

"The man's house 22 cubits long 9 cubits wide and 3 ditto high contains Ryggåsstuga and kitchen as well as a chamber 8 1/4 cubits long 9 wide and 5 cubits high, contains 2nd frame barn 27 cubits long 11 cubits wide and 54 cubits high, contains 1 layer barn and stable covered with brick on the lath. - Stable and wide bath 6 1/4 cubits long 4 cubits high, now covered with brick on the ground.
Earth cellar 5 cubits low, 5 ditto wide and 3 ditto high"

I am not sure how many buildings this is referring to.  It seems like either 2 or 3.

Can anyone fix my Swedish and translation to English?

Thanks,
George

2023-10-05, 00:49
Svar #1

Utloggad Bitte Eldh

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 15
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-18, 18:31
    • Visa profil
I would say it is four or five buildings described. Main House, Chamber, Cowhouse, stable and earthen cellar. Usually the chamber was attatched to the kitchen, and here they have the same width, so I think we could consider them as one building. It could be, as no width is mentioned of the stable, that the stable and cowhouse are conected to eachother, and the number of houses just are three.

A few of the swedish words are missunderstood. (ram=rum, lage=loge, lad=lada, vidbad=visthus, låg=lång) And the hight not beeing 54 cubits but 5 3/4 cubits!

An attempt to translate into english:

The Main house 22 cubits long 9 cubits wide and 3 ditto high with ridge cabin and kitchen and one chamber 8 1/4 cubits long 9 cubits wide and 5 cubits high containing two room.
Cowhouse 27 cubits long 11 cubits wide and 5 3/4 cubits high, containing one lodge, barn and shack, covered with brick on the batten. Stable and storehouse 6 1/4 cubits long 4 cubits high, covered with brick on the batten.
Earthen cellar 5 cubits long 5 ditto wide and 3 ditto high.

Best regards Bitte

2023-10-05, 13:04
Svar #2

Utloggad George Lind

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 252
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-16, 00:26
    • Visa profil
Bitte,
Thank you so much for helping me out. This information provides some insight into how my ancestors lived.
George

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna