ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with meaning of a sentence in a death record  (läst 125 gånger)

2023-05-06, 16:14
läst 125 gånger

Utloggad Elizabeth Ekstrom Richards

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 4
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-06, 20:10
    • Visa profil
    • Scrapping My Family History
I am working to learn if this member of my extended family has living descendants. I am not sure of this sentence in her death record. I think it means both her children died before she did. Or does it mean only her daughter died before her?

Haft en son och en dotter i äktenskapet, redan före henne döda.

I understand it as:
Had a son and a daughter in marriage, [both] already dead before her.

Her name is Maja Brita Sandborg f. Nilsdotter.

Links to record at ArkivDigital
Björsäter (E) C:6 (1855-1860) Image 76 / Page 341 (AID: v37027.b76.s341, NAD: SE/VALA/00034)
or
https://sok.riksarkivet.se/bildvisning/C0015311_00086
Beth

2023-05-06, 17:45
Svar #1

Utloggad Leif Lundkvist

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4532
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-27, 03:46
    • Visa profil
The sentence is "redan före henne döda" = already before her dead. Döda is the plural of död, which means that both are dead. But you should follow her in the household examinations to see that they are actually dead.

2023-05-06, 18:30
Svar #2

Utloggad Elizabeth Ekstrom Richards

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 4
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-06, 20:10
    • Visa profil
    • Scrapping My Family History
Leif,

Thank you very much for verifying my thoughts.

I have lost the children in Stockholm in 1856, three years before their mother died. I have searched many hours and cannot find them in indexes or death books. The son moved the end of 1856 from Nikolai to Obest Ort! The daughter is not in the moving out records of Klara.

I will have to put them on my to do list and move on. Today's blog post will be titled Vanished.  ;D

I appreciate your quick response and explanation of the word döda.
Beth

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna