ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Bergman, Carl 1779 Kristdala  (läst 143 gånger)

2023-04-28, 18:44
läst 143 gånger

Utloggad Stewart Bergman

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 1
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-12, 18:00
    • Visa profil
För det första, förlåt men jag pratar ingen svenska. Förhoppningsvis kommer du att kunna prata engelska eller översätta detta meddelande.

Has anyone done any research to try to trace the history of Carl Bergman (b.1779 Kristdala)?

I am a descendant of Johan Julius Bergman (b. 1821 Vimmerby). His father, Carl Bergman (b.1779 Krisdala) would appear to be a bit of an enigma.
It is evident that these details are not the same as they were when he was born. There was no Carl Bergman born in Kristdala 1779.

Working from known facts, backwards, there is is a clear chain of evidence from his death in Vimmerby in 1847 back to the Household Registers for Vimmerby in 1806 and his marriage to Hedvig Sahl (b. 1778 Vimmerby) on 14th October 1803. Information recorded on the 1806 Household Register states that he moved to Vimmerby from Tuna. An entry in the Tuna, Kalmar Move Register records a Garvare (Tanner) Carl Bergman as leaving Tuna for Vimmerby in 1801. As the Carl Bergman I am interested in was a Tanner in Vimmerby I am reasonably confident that this entry relates to one and the same person. I have been unable to identify any records for Carl Bergman prior to this.

Unless anyone is able to advise me otherwise, there appears to be no surviving Household Registers for Kristdala prior to the (1788-1793) volume?

I have looked through the Household Register for Kristdala in 1788 and could not see any reference to a Bergman family there at that time.

I have explored the opinion that Carl was born with a patronymic name. There are only two Carl's born in Kristdala in 1779:
Carl: son of Carl Carlsson (Born 5th May 1779)
Carl: son of Hendric Olufsson (Born 15th Sept 1779)
Again, as I am unable to find any Household Registers for 1779-1788, I can only start looking in the (1788-1793) volume. I was unable to find any trace of a Carl Olufsson but I could find a Carl Carlsson with a son called Carl aged 7 which would be about right (depending on the month the record was made). I have followed this family through the Household Registers to 1795 where the ages of the children had been crossed out and altered, making the Carl Carlsson to be one and the same person. I can see no explanation or reason for the record being changed but again it makes it impossible to rely upon the information.

I have been unable to locate any move registers for Kristdala prior to 1806.
I have been unable to locate any move register for Tuna prior to 1801.
I have been unable to locate any household Registers for Tuna prior to 1788 (I could not locate a Carl Bergman in this register but there were Bergman's living there)

There are records which state Carl Bergman moved to / from Gotland - The only parishes I am aware the family were linked to are Lärbro and Visby. I have not been able to locate any records in either of these locations relevant to the period 1779-1803.

I have also explored the idea that this birth place was originally spelt incorrectly and then replicated in error. The obvious option wuld be Kristvalla, Kalmar but again there were no Carl Bergman's born there in 1779 either.

Any, help, advice, or suggestions as to other avenues I could explore would be greatly appreciated. It is his life prior to his marriage to Hedvig Sahl in 1803 I particularly need help with - but any additional information about his life in Vimmerby would also be welcome.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna