ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Requesting Local Farm Expert for Misterhult/Tuna Parishes In Kalmar  (läst 428 gånger)

2023-04-13, 00:24
läst 428 gånger

Utloggad Greg Lamberson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 4
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-19, 02:29
    • Visa profil

Hello,

I have a problem I have worked on for many years. I need help from someone who is extremely familiar with Tuna and Misterhult Parishes (and the other parishes in the area).

In 1773 my ancestor, Carl Andersson, was born in either Misterhult or Tuna Parish. His birth and baptism are recorded in Tuna Parish (and only in Tuna Parish), but his father's residence is listed as Nahult in Misterhult Parish. It can be viewed here (it's the last birth, number 33, recorded in 1773): https://sok.riksarkivet.se/bildvisning/C0028878_00046

The problem is there is no Nahult. Is this an old name? Help!

I have worked on this for many years. I've looked through household exams and tax records many, many, MANY times, name by name and farm by farm. If you're not familiar with this area, please pass this along to someone who is. I really need help from a local expert only.

Thank you in advance!

Warm regards,

Greg Lamberson
lamberson@yahoo.com

2023-04-13, 12:20
Svar #1

Utloggad Ulf Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1364
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-28, 15:20
  • Ulf Svensson
    • Visa profil
Hi,

I am at work so I can't fully  cocentrate on the issue right now.

I will look inte it later today. All the other places in the record are familiar to me.

I read it as 'Nahult till Misterhult'. The word 'till' could make it a croft or a cottage connected to Misterhult gård/säteri that might have a new name or been teared(?) down

I will check with neighbours later today when I get home.

Regards

Ulf S.

2023-04-13, 12:37
Svar #2

Utloggad Greg Lamberson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Hi Ulf,

Thank you for responding. I'll look forward to your response whenever you are able to manage it.

Yes I considered that the place is possibly Misterhult gård. The word till was hard to understand, but I have seen other births recorded in the same book where the meaning was clearly another parish, so I have assumed that meaning (whether it's right or not?).

I'm very familiar (on maps) with the area and have visited in person, but as you know, this area has changed between parishes over the years and has several parishes' borders very nearby.

I truly appreciate it!

Warm regards,

Greg

2023-05-01, 03:02
Svar #3

Utloggad Greg Lamberson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil

Hello,

I was just wondering if there is any news on this problem?

Thank you,

Greg Lamberson

2023-05-01, 10:20
Svar #4

Utloggad Ulf Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Ulf Svensson
    • Visa profil
Sorry,

Spending too much time at work.

No reply from the ones I mailed.
I will go to a meeting with the local heritage society next weekend.

Regards
Ulf S

2023-05-16, 22:10
Svar #5

Utloggad Ulf Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Ulf Svensson
    • Visa profil
Finally we got in contact about the mysterious Nahult, Anders Welander and I.

After a short dicussion we came to the conslusion that the priest/sexton in Tuna wasn't fully aware of the place name in Misterhult.
Nahult should most likely have been 'N:a hult' => Norra Hult => Norrhult.
Norrhult was a croft or a cottage under Krokstorp in Misterhult, approx 500 yds NNE of Sandmon in Krokstorp. The house was torn down in 1857.

I have attached documents received from Anders W.

Please ask if anything is unclear.
Best regards.
Ulf S.

2023-05-19, 02:29
Svar #6

Utloggad Greg Lamberson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil

Ulf,

This is wonderful! Thank you! I will take time to analyze this closely after about a week, since here our school is finishing for the year, and I'm very busy until it's over.

Please thank the other local experts you have consulted for me. I'm truly and exceedingly grateful!

With warm regards,
Greg Lamberson

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna