ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help Reading  (läst 404 gånger)

2022-10-05, 22:03
läst 404 gånger

Utloggad Christopher Peterson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 61
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-11-17, 20:38
    • Visa profil
Request assistance reading the name of the location moved to in 1867 for Per and Maja Stina. I read it as Viby?

Also wondering what the special note says on the third line for Karl Johan?

Tack
Chris

2022-10-05, 22:32
Svar #1

Utloggad Klas Wallén

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 443
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-16, 13:05
    • Visa profil
Hi!

They move within the Parish and end up at Karlbo at Kihl farm. You find them :
Östra Ryd (E) AI:17 (1866-1870) Bild: 253 Sida: 239

Do you know that your Peter Pettersson was married once before Maja Stina?
And if no one has explain it for you, Peter, Petter, Per and Pehr are the same name just variations. That is also the case with Pettersson, Petersson,Persson and so on. It depended on the one one who wrote the name in the records, not what the personwith the name wanted to be called. I know this can be confusing for many so I just wanted to explain that.

Klas

2022-10-05, 23:41
Svar #2

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Klas,

Thank you once again. I did not have this record before. I did suspect Peter was married once before. Ostra Ryd (E) AI:13 (1850-1854) page 72 has a little '2' over the wedding year. You have confirmed it for me.

No one has explained the names Peter, Per, Pehr. Thank you. That is an interesting and helpful thing to know.

Any idea what the special note was for Karl John?

Chris,

2022-10-06, 01:05
Svar #3

Utloggad Klas Wallén

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
There are several more names that more or less are the same, as for instance Jan, Johan and Johannes. For women Stina, Kristina and Kerstin are combinations you can see differ for a person  in the past. Nowadays a Johan would not call himself Jan though but in the past it was common to mix those names.

Karl Johan moves to St(ora) Torrsjö in Östra Ryd and from there to Källösa in the same Parish.
 Östra Ryd (E) AI:18 (1866-1870) Bild: 165 Sida: 397

Klas

2022-10-06, 14:16
Svar #4

Utloggad Klas Wallén

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Christopher!

I now think that you might not have asked about what was written about Karl Johan in the record I mentioned in the last post but instead a previous record. If that is the case you might wonder what was said about him in AI/18 page 253. I think it says "Vistas i Drothem" which means that he was staying in Drothem though he was not registered there.

Later on he moves to Slaka Parish (South West of the Regional Capital City Linköping) where he works as a rural worker/statare, is married and have some kids. A statare was not a traditional dräng/farmhand but often older and married and they could often have more specific tasks at a larger farm then ordinary drängar.
Slaka (E) AI:20 (1873-1880) Bild: 55 Sida: 46

Klas

2022-10-10, 19:20
Svar #5

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Klas,

Thank you again. I was asking about the "Vistas i Drothem" part.

I know Chas. is often an abbreviation for Charles at least it was in the US around this time. Do you think Chas. and Carl or Karl were interchangable?

Chris,

2022-10-10, 21:11
Svar #6

Utloggad Klas Wallén

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Chris!

Yes I think that Chas and Carl probably were interchangeable, at least in English speaking Countries. Charles and Car/Karl have the same origin (like Carlos too) meaning approx. free man. I actually think that I have seen some Chas in USA, in my own research, and he was baptized Karl/Carl in Sweden.

Klas

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna