ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Frinnaryd C:1 (1657-1699) sid 177 SVAR Bild 98  (läst 1661 gånger)

2014-03-08, 20:59
läst 1661 gånger

Utloggad Martha Wolf

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 48
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-12-17, 01:45
    • Visa profil
Death and burial record of Anders Gudmundsson 5 June 1693.  I can read bits of this, but many words are hard to decipher. I would very much appreciate a full transcription of this with all the descriptive terms and, if convenient, explanation of civil service, military and similar terms many of which are probably not in my dictionaries. (I'm familiar with Rusthållare and Nämdemann.) (I can read a fair amount of Swedish).
Thank you,

Martha

2014-03-09, 01:30
Svar #1

Utloggad Erik Mouwitz

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 126
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-02-05, 15:23
    • Visa profil
Hi Martha!

Here is my attempt at deciphering this entry:

d. 5. Begrofs Rusthållaren,  
hederligen acktad Anders
Gudmundson i Norra Sun-
hult, född i Gunnarsmåla.
Sal[ig] Rijkzdrotzets Grefwe Per
Brahes Skytt i 3 åår. Lefwat  
wäl med sin äckta hustru i 50 åår
bodt i sin Slettegård i N. Sundhult
i 40 åår. I Medlertijd (varit)
Frinnarydz Kyrkowärd i 3 åår.
Kyrkans Sex Man i några åår.
Häradz Nämdeman i 3 åår. Ut-
wald herredags man til 2 Rijkz-
dagar (???) i Halmsta och Stock-
holm. Lyckligen bekommit h[an]s Kongl.
May[estät]s allernådigste (försånings)
Bref på Frinnarydz Prästegård
ifrån reductionen. Effter Gudslig
beredelse under 7 weckors sjukdom
saliger. Död på sitt 80 ålders åår.

Words within parenthesis () are words that i am unsure about. (Meaning or transcription)
Words within brackets [] are abbreviated words written out in full length.

It says that Anders Gudmundsson was Per Brahes shot for three years.  
Per Brahe was the riksdrots; he held a highly placed judiciary position.
He was the church usher in Frinnaryd for 3 years.
For some years he was a sexman. One of six men from the parish who were elected to make decisions mostly regarding the church and buildings surrounding it.
He was twice elected as a meber of parliament (herredagsman).
It seems as though he sent a letter to the king with a request(that was granted) that the clergy house be spared during the reduction. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reduction_(Sweden)

Sincerly

Erik

2014-03-12, 02:52
Svar #2

Utloggad Martha Wolf

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hi Erik.

Thank you very much for your help.  

One question --  my dictionary has church warden for kyrkovärd which would be a different position than church usher. In our churhces a church warden handles the legal and financial affairs of the church while a church usher hands out service leaflet, shows people to their seats, and directs them when to go up for communion --a  significantly different level of responsibility.  Would these terms apply in the same way in the Swedish church?

Thanks again,

Martha

2014-03-12, 17:35
Svar #3

Utloggad Erik Mouwitz

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 126
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-02-05, 15:23
    • Visa profil
Perhaps church warden is a better translation of kyrkvärd, as the kyrkvärd up until 1883 was often responsible for both the curches financial affairs and for cleaning the church, holding the collection bag etc.

The postition of church warden has a very long history in Sweden. You can even find the word Kyrkvärd carved in runes on a runestone near the church in Forsa, Hälsingland.
In the Elder Westrogothic law (early 13th century) it is decreed that every parish should have two church wardens, which is still the case in many swedish churches.
Två skola kyrkovärdarna vara, och prästen den tredje.

Erik

2014-03-12, 19:24
Svar #4

Lotta Nordin

I think that game keeper (forest ranger) describe the word skytt better than shot.

2014-03-13, 10:59
Svar #5

Utloggad Hans Egeskog

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1264
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-10, 11:58
    • Visa profil
Hi Martha

An interesting discussion, this, since I too have Anders Gudmundson as one of my ancestors through the son Simon Andersson and grandson Enoch Simonsson. What is your connection to him?

Best wishes

Hans

2014-03-14, 03:10
Svar #6

Utloggad Martha Wolf

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hi Lotta,

Thanks for contributing.  My dictionaries (both Swedish-English and Swedish-Swedish) have sharpshooter, marksman, or rifleman (military) for skytt which seem to be more likely possibilities here.  I often see skogvaktare used for forest ranger, warden or game keeper.  

Martha

2014-03-14, 03:34
Svar #7

Utloggad Martha Wolf

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hi Hans,

Nice to hear from you. I too descend through Simon and Enoch through the latter's first wife, Ingeborg.  
I imagine there must be many relatives in Sweden on this line, though I haven't found many links in various searches. The one person I had contact with didn't seem to be aware that Enoch left a number of children by his first wife. Have you researched the various descendants of Anders, Simon and Enoch? If so, I would like to ask you some questions, but since I'm new to Anbytarforum, I'm not certain if this is the right place to do it or not. Should I transfer the questions to the general Landskap category?
Thanks and I look forward to comparing notes,

Martha

2014-03-14, 13:59
Svar #8

Lotta Nordin

Martha,
in this case I do believe that Anders had been a sort of game keeper. Per Brahe had very large estates, and it was common that the nobility had their own game keepers(skyttar).  

In old judicial protocols you find that skyttar often act on behalf of their landlord in cases of, for example, illegal hunting.

2014-03-14, 19:01
Svar #9

Utloggad Hans Egeskog

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1264
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-10, 11:58
    • Visa profil
Hi Martha

Nice to hear we have at least some ancestors together :o)

I will send you an e-mail with some reserarch results, and then you can put your questions at Landskap > Småland > Säby where the family spent most of their time in the 1700´s.

/Hans

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna