ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Pastelberger av Sverige och Livland  (läst 1946 gånger)

2004-11-10, 14:54
läst 1946 gånger

Markus Mäckl

Hallo,

goddag av Tyskland, tyvärr talar jag ingen Svenska

so I better write in  English ...

after some month of researching I am proud to found some ancestors of my family in the  beautiful Sweden.

The most interesting persons are:

Johann Wolfgang Pastelberger * 17.09.1682 in Livland
                             + 04.04.1760 in Kristianstad/Schweden.

and his wife:

Maria Sophia von Issendorf   ?

Before Johann Wolfgang Pastelberger entering Sweden he had been major in an infantery regiment.
He came to Arboga as a major and later on lieutenant-colonel for the Västmanland regiment.
In 1746 he moved as a commander to Kristianstad.

I would like to know where he was born in Livland and from where did his parents came from? From Germany?

Could somebody of you tell me where I could start researching for his birthplace and his parents?
Perhaps in the stadsarkivet in Stockholm?#

How much is the fee in Sweden to research for ancestors?

I would be so thankful if you could help me.

Thanks so much - tack så mycket.

Markus

2004-11-10, 18:38
Svar #1

Utloggad Christina Backman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 833
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-04-22, 18:01
    • Visa profil
Have you tried Deutschbaltisches Biographisches Lexikon 1710-1960, Wien 1970?

2004-11-11, 01:17
Svar #2

Arne Olsson

Hello Markus,

In Adam Lewenhaupt's book Karl XII:s Officerare he says about Johan Wolfgang Pastelberger, born 1682-09-07 in Lifland, that he was brother of Christian Pastelberger, who was born about 1692 in Lifland. But nothing is told about their parents. In 1720 J.W.P. married Maria Sophia von Issendorff, born in 1669 and daughter of Johan Christoffer von Issendorff, a colonel, born 1671 in Bremen, and his wife Anna Margareta Reuter. The book contains more details, but perhaps you already used it?

Kind regards,
Arne

2004-11-11, 09:32
Svar #3

Arne Olsson

Hello Markus,
Obviously, something must be wrong in the book I referred to. I guess it is the year of birth for Maria Sophia von Issendorff.
Arne

2004-11-11, 22:04
Svar #4

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11060
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-05-06, 23:24
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Maria Sofia von Issendorff ist 1699 geboren, tot 1736-05-06, und in Säterbo Kirche begraben (Västmanlands län). (Quelle: EÄ),
Olle Elm
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2004-11-12, 21:13
Svar #5

Markus Mäckl

Hallo,

thanks for your answers!
tack för ert svara !

@ Christian Backman: Unfortunately I don´t know the Deutschbaltisches Biographisches Lexikon 1710-1960. Where can I buy this book and how much does it  cost? What is the content of this book? Thanks!

@ Arne Olsson: thanks very much - very intersting answer. If  you know more about the Pastelberger or the von Issendorff I would very happy when you tell me more details. Sadly I have no more information about this important persons.

@ Olle Elm: thank you very much for the right birthday of Maria S. von Issendorff. Sprechen Sie deutsch? Was genau ist die Quelle EÄ ?

I have more details about some more Pastelbergers.
In one document I listen the aristicratic name von Pastelberger.
Pastelberger lived in Härnösand, Stockholm, Säterbo, Hammerdal, somewhere in Livland ?, St. Petersburg, Nowgorod, Ropsa, Enisejesk,

2004-11-12, 21:46
Svar #6

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11060
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-05-06, 23:24
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Markus Mäckl,
EÄ (=Elgenstiernas Ättartavlor) bedeutet hier ”Den introducerade svenska adels ättartavlor”, Herausgeber: Gustaf Elgenstierna.
Deutschbaltisches biographisches Lexikon 1710-1960 / im Auftrage der Baltischen historischen Kommission ... hrsg. von Wilhelm Lenz, Köln 1970, kannst Du sicher in eine Bibliothek suchen.
Freundliche gr?sse,
Olle
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2005-03-15, 21:00
Svar #7

Kirsti Ervola

Hello Markus,
as You have asked about the same family under many titles, I think this is an appropriate one for an answer. I would like to refer to what Tore Jansson and Anders Andersson have replied earlier: german merchants and artisans were an accustomed part of the population in the larger towns of Sweden. The 17th century Sweden was a military power which recruited a great number of soldiers from (among others) Gemany and the Baltics. - In the Baltics the ruling class and feudal landlords were generally of german origin, and so was the clergy. A few entries from german literature:

1366: Pastelberg(er) (Basselberg), Johann Wolfgang,
geb.: Schwaben (?), gest.: (Pest) Pernau 1710 nach 2.8.
verh.: Reval, St.Olai 6.5.1675 Elisabeth Margaretha Grentzin, Tochter von Elias G., Pastor in Maholm (Viru-Nigula, Estl.). Mag.; 1675 Kand.; 1677-1710 Pastor in Fellin (Viljandi), 1693-1708 auch Präses d. UKonsist. und Propst d. Kr. Pernau; wegen Nachlässigkeit abgesetzt. 1710 als Fl?ctling in Pernau.

- It might be worthwhile to look for the origin of pastor Pastelberger in the student registers of German universities.

1367: Pastelbergh(er) (Vastelberg, Wastelberger), Johann Elias,
geb.: Stockholm, gest.: (Pest) Pernau 1710 nach 22.8.
verh.: 1. Anna Cruse, gest. 1798,  
verh.: 2. Märta Elisabet Skragge geb. 1693, gest. 1754, Tochter von Nr. 1264 (= Gabriel Skragge, .... seit 1706 Gen.-Sup. von Livland und Prokanzler der Akad. in Pernau). Student in Dorpat 1695, 1699-1710 Pastor in Mustel, Ösel. Bekannter Orientalist. 1710 in Pernau Notarius d. OKonsist.  
(Märta Elisabet Skragge verheiratet 1711 Johann Näsman (Vaesman), Nr. 1264, geb. 1678 in Lima, Västerås stift, Pastor auf Mohn (Muhu-Insel), seit 1718 Pastor in Torsåker, gest. 1750).

- Perhaps there is a connection to sidenfabrikören i Stockholm, Arnold Fredric  Pastelberger.

Source:
Paul Baerent, Erik Amburger, Helmut Speer: Die Evangelischen Prediger Livlands bis 1918 / Böhlau Verlag 1977.

The father-in-law of Johan Wolfgang Pastellberger is mentioned in H.R.Paucker: Ehstlands Geitlichkeit in geordneter Zeit- ind Reihefolge / Reval 1849:
seite 167, Maholm oder St.Nicolai: Gräntzin, Elias, angestellt 1632 anfangs als Adjunct und deutscher prediger, starb 1656 den 20. December.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

- Lewenhaupt lists seven livonian Pastelbergers as officers in the swedish army during the Great Northern War. At least four of them seem to be sons of pastor Johann Wolfgang Pastellberger:

Christian, born 1689, prisoner of war in Russia 1709-22, major, died 1773 in Finland.
Johan Fredrik, prisoner of war in Russia 1709-21, lieutenant, resigned 1735.
Johan Wolfgang, born 1682, prisoner of war in Russia 1709-14, lieutenant-colonel, died 1760 in Sweden.
Paul, lieutenant, fell 1714 in the battle of Napue in Isokyrö, Finland.

- In addition to these, there is an Eberhard Gustaf Pastelberger, b. 1682, prisoner of war in Russia 1709-22, capitain, resigned 1722, and two Jacob Henrik Pastelbergers, (the same person?), ensigns, who perished during their captivity in Russia.

- Two sons of Christian P. were raised to the nobility in 1772 as von Pastelberger, but the family in Finland died out 1866.

Sources:
Adam Lewenhaupt: Karl XII:s officerare I-II / Lund 1921, s. 500
Bernhard Schlegel, Carl Arvid Klingspor: Den med sköldebref förlänade men ej å riddarhuset intoducerade svenska adelns ättar-tavlor / Stockholm 1875
Åke Backström: von Pastelberger / Gentes Finlandiae IV / Helsingfors 1973, s. 165
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

- Many of the Passelbergs You found in Carelia and Ingria in the 18th and 19th centuries belong to a family with clergymen in three generations. The eldest known, chaplain in Sortavala Samuel Henrik Passelberg, b. 1711, d. 1768 came from Pori (Brjörneborg), Finland. No connection to the german Pastelbergers is mentioned in the printed sources.

Gr?sse, KE

2005-03-17, 14:53
Svar #8

Markus Mäckl

Hallo Kirsti,

thank you so much again. I am very happy that you sent so much dates. I am really thankful to you.
There are some news for me about the Pastelberger family - totaly interesting.

You wrote that the Johan Wolfgang Pastelberger senior was born in Schwaben. Schwaben is a historical name of an area in southern Germany,  today Schwaben is a district of Bavaria.

It?s amazing, because I found Bastelberger  families in Schwaben. Now I know that the Pastelberger from Schweden came from southern Germany.

Best wishes
Markus Mäckl

2005-05-18, 12:02
Svar #9

Markus Mäckl

Hallo,

I have another question for helping people.

I heard that in the book of Mr. Klingspor is the Vapenavbildning from the von Pastelberger on  the Page s.139
But I can?t find this coat of arms in this book and there isn?t a page with the nr. 139.

And in the book of Schlegel & Klingspor should be a  
Vapenbeskrivning but I don?t have this book.
This Vapenbeskrivning should be on the  
pages 211 f.

I would be so thankful to you if somebody can  help me.

Mit freundlichen Gr??en
Markus

2005-05-30, 19:50
Svar #10

Kirsti Ervola

Hello Markus,
here a description of the coat-of -arms of von Pastelberger :

Vapen: En blå sköld med ett gyllene berg till en emot tredjedelen af skölden svarande höjd, på hvars spets en turturdufva av silfver, hållande i näbben en grön oljeqvist, prydd med sex gröna löf, två vid ändan av qvisten och två på sidan av den; ofvan dufvans hufvud tindrar en femuddig stjerna af silfver; på den öppna tornerhjelmen en likadan turturdufva som i skölden, mellan tvänne oljeqvistar.

(Bernhard Schlegel & Carl Arvid Klingspor: Den med sköldebref förlänade men ej å riddarhuset introducerade svenska adelns Ättar-taflor (1875), s. 211-212)

Und mein Versuch zu einer ?berstzung:

Ein blauer Schild mit einem goldenen Berg von einer Höhe entsprechend ein Drittel des Schildes, auf der Bergspitze eine silberne Turteltaube die im Schnabel einen gr?nen Olivenzweig hält, mit sechs gr?ne Blätter verziert, zwei am Ende des Zweiges und zwei auf den Seiten; ?ber dem Kopf der Taube glitzert ein f?nfzackiger Stern aus Silber; auf dem öffenen Turnierhelm zwischen zwei Olivenzweige eine ähnliche Turteltaube wie im Schild.

Gr?sse,
KE

2005-05-30, 20:39
Svar #11

Markus Mäckl

Thank you so much for your help

Your translation is really perfect.

I have a description of the von Pastelberger coat of arms and your description is 80 % the same.

Some details are not right in my description.

Can you tell me how can I get a copy of this coat of arms? It would be very intersting for me.

Somebody told me that I can find a picture of  this Pastelberger coat of arms in the Klingspor book  Vapenavbildning??? on the Page s.139. but this page number doesn?t excist.

I found a really good German internet page and there is the Klingspor Vapenavbildnings  
http://mdz1.bib-bvb.de/cocoon/baltlex/Band_bsb00000445.html

On the button Gehe zu Seite you can enter the page number.

Do you have another ideas where I can get the Pastelberger-Vapen?

Vielen Dank f?r die Hilfe und schöne Gr??e aus Bayern.

Markus

2005-05-30, 21:34
Svar #12

Kirsti Ervola

Hello Markus,  
the link You gave leads to Klingspors Baltisches Wappenbuch, of the nobility in Livland, Estland and Kurland. But the two brothers von Pastelberger belonged to the swedish nobility. I think that's why their coat-of-arms is not found in that book, and should be looked for in a book on swedish heraldy. If I meet one, I'll let You know.
Gr?sse,
KE

2005-06-10, 06:59
Svar #13

Kirsti Ervola

Hello Markus,
a small (about 3 x 4 cm) black-and-white picture of the von Pastelberger coat-of-arms has been published in these books:
C.A.Klingspor: Sveriges ridderskapets och adelns vapenbok  / 1890 (on page 139),
and in a newer, perhaps more easily obtainable edition:  
Jan Ranecke: Svensk adelsheraldik med Klingspors vapenbok  / 1990 (on page 225), ISBN 91-564-0966-4.
G?sse,  
KE

2005-06-10, 12:15
Svar #14

Markus Mäckl

Hallo Kirsti,

thank you so much for your answer and your great help.

Do you know if there is perhaps a chance to get a  picture of the von Pastelberger- coat of arms , here in the internet?

Perhaps this book of C.A. Klingspor is digital in the internet, too?

Schöne Grüße
Markus

2005-06-14, 21:13
Svar #15

Markus Mäckl

Hejsan,

Swedish people are very helpful.
With your help I found so much details about my ancestors in Sweden and the Baltic States.
I found a coat of arms of the von Pastelberger too.

But I have thousand other questions :-)

One of them I will aks you ...

My ancestors was spelled in Sweden the most time Pastelberger sometimes Passelberger.
In Germany the spelling changed very often too, for example Bastlberger, Pastelberger, Passelberger, Basselberger, Baschelberger, ...  and many more variations.

But the ending of the name was always -berger.
In Sweden, Finland and Livland I found so much
Pastelberg and Passelberg families.
Could they related with the Pastelberger???

Was it then in Sweden commonly that they shorted the German names from -berger to -berg?
Thus from Pastelberger/Passelberger to Pastelberg/Pastelberg?

Best wishes from Bavaria to Sweden.

Med vänliga hälsningar
Markus Mäckl

2006-01-02, 20:48
Svar #16

Markus Mäckl

Hej,

with the help of some anbytarforum members, especially Kirsti Ervola, I know so much about my ancestors in Sweden, Finland and Livland. Thank you.

But the puzzle insn´t complete. I found no connection between the Swedish Pastelberger and the German Pastelberger/Bastelberger.

A very important person for my research is:
Pastelberger (Pastelberg) (Basselberg), Johann Wolfgang,
geb.: Schwaben (?), gest.: (Pest) Pernau 1710 nach 2.8.
verh.: Reval, St.Olai 6.5.1675 Elisabeth Margaretha Grentzin, Tochter von Elias G., Pastor in Maholm (Viru-Nigula, Estl.). Mag.; 1675 Kand.; 1677-1710 Pastor in Fellin (Viljandi), 1693-1708 auch Präses d. UKonsist. und Propst d. Kr. Pernau; wegen Nachlässigkeit abgesetzt. 1710 als Flüchtling in Pernau.

The German Pernau I think is in Swedish the same? In Estonian Pärnu.  
Do somebody know to which archive I can write to?
How are the chances for an answer, when I write to the city department or historical museum of Pernau? He was pastor in Fellin and married in Reval church of St. Olai. Perhaps I can write to this cities???
If somebody knows where I can write to get some information about the life and the birthplace of J.W. Pastelberger who was pastor in Fellin,  please help me.

I´m looking forward for new answers.

Med vänliga hälsningar
Markus Mäckl

2006-01-03, 19:46
Svar #17

Utloggad Helene Strömkvist

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 250
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-02, 22:41
    • Visa profil
Hallo Markus

Take a look at www.eha.ee.
That's the Estonian Historical Archives homepage.
They have 2 different search options online, AIS and SAAGA. They are both translated into English.

AIS you search by name and SAAGA is scanned churchbooks.

Lycka till
Helene
Helene Strömkvist

2006-01-03, 20:49
Svar #18

Kirsti Ervola

Hello Markus,
have You checked the student registers of universities in Germany? To be a pastor, Johan Wolfgang Pastelberger had to study somewhere.

Microfilmed church records from Estonia should be available in the Family History Centers of the mormons, at least to some extent.  

Two important archives in Estonia are Ajalooarhiiv (Estonian Historical Archives) in Tartu, wich Helene mentioned, and Riigiarhiiv (Estonian State Archives) in Tallinn.
I do not know if records as old as from the 17th century have been digitalised yet in the Saaga database, but You can try.  
As far as i know, Saaga does not contain church records from Tallinn; they are kept in the Tallinna Linnaarhiiv (City Archives). So if You want to check the contents of the marriage record of J.W.Pastelberger and Elisabeth Grentzin, that's perhaps the place to ask.

For genealogical research in Estonia I would like to recommend these sites:
Eesti genealoogia Selts (Genealogical Society of Estonia)
G-gruppen

With best wishes, KE

2006-01-11, 21:56
Svar #19

Markus Mäckl

Thank you for your answers.

I had some success in the AIS database of the National Archives of Estonia.

And I wrote to all archives which you listed.
Perhaps I will have much more success?

Best wishes
Markus

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna