ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Mantalslängd 1694 Hardeberga  (läst 1437 gånger)

2015-06-24, 22:25
läst 1437 gånger

Utloggad Timothy Blomquist

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 20
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-10-04, 06:24
    • Visa profil
I am needing help reading one line of the 1684 Hardeberga Mantalslängd. It is the portion in the margin to the right.  It is for Hardeberga 6 and Anders Christensson:

The portion in the margin is not readable, and hopefully another researcher has access to a better copy.
Kindest Regards,
Timothy Blomquist

2015-06-25, 09:54
Svar #1

Utloggad Heikki Särkkä

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2200
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-09-02, 15:00
    • Visa profil
I agree with your reading of the name. One wonders what follows (hu for hustru?) . My best guess for the marginal note is   'Hon siu(kelig)och --- utan b-. Try reading the notations of the following and preceding pges. Not seldom one finds the very same phrase.

2015-06-25, 15:27
Svar #2

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Heikki, Thank you for taking the time to look at this.  So the translation refers to a female (but not a wife) who was sick or sickly?  Probably not a wife since the record refers to only one taxable person.  Within a couple of years, Anders Christensson was married to a woman named Margareta.  They had three children between 1699-1704.  Margareta appears in the mantalslängd from 1697-1705.  Another mystery in the 1705 mantalslängd.  Anders Christensson appears with Margareta, but she in not marked with a number 1, only Anders.  Again, notes in the margin to the right are not clear:

In the previous mantalslängd Margareta is marked with a 1, but this year she is not. Could this indicate that she died around the time of the record?

The original books are kept in Stockholm, if I am correct?  I may have to hire a researcher to visit that location and look at the original book.  Any suggestions?

MVH,
Timothy Blomquist

2015-06-25, 21:43
Svar #3

Utloggad Heikki Särkkä

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
I do not know if national archives like the Riksarkivet have multispectral cameras available that perhaps could 'see though' ink blots like the one we have here. Anybody who knows?

2015-06-25, 21:44
Svar #4

Utloggad Heikki Särkkä

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Sorry, I missed an r. in 'see through'.

2015-06-25, 22:09
Svar #5

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Heikki, so for the 1694 record, do you think there was a wife there, but sick and not included in the mantalslängd?   The same question for the last record.  Why would the wife's name, Margareta, be listed, but she was not included in the mantalslängd?  What do you think this last record says?  Was the wife dead or just not included?

2015-06-26, 08:21
Svar #6

Paul Bergström

Could it say: Hon siuk(lig) och för det utan betaln(ing), meaning She is ill and for that no payment (of tax)?

/Paul

PS! It is my belief that in the time of the writing of that 1694 record, the wife was still alive - and that it is the wife she is referring to. It is rather common that a sickly person - depending on the status at the time of the record's writing - could jump in and out from the records. At this time the records were mainly kept keeping track of who and why they paid tax - not to have a role as a population register.

(Meddelandet ändrat av pabe1250 2015-06-26 08:21)

2015-06-26, 08:50
Svar #7

Utloggad Heikki Särkkä

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
On second thoughts, I think there is just the figure 1 after Anders Christensson's name in the first picture. More than that I dare not say.

2015-06-26, 17:17
Svar #8

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Paul & Heikki, I have just learned something. I didn't realize if you were sick or in bad health, you were exempt from paying the mantalspengar?  I had assumed if you were dropped from the Mantalslängd you were over age 63 or had died.

Take a look at the second pictures I included.  It's from 1705 and shows Anders Christensson with wife Margareta, but there is no 1 for the category hustru or qvinna.  I had assumed she had died, but perhaps she was sick and not required to pay the tax.

Also, back to the 1694 record, this seems to indicate that Anders Christensson was married before the 1694 mantalslängd.  For the record, this Anders Christensson is my farfarfar farfarfar farfar.  You can see why I am interested in him!!!

2015-06-26, 18:51
Svar #9

Paul Bergström

Timothy,

Later on, though rarely as early as around 1700, there is a type of record called Avkortningslängd which states all tax exemptions and reasons for it. Sometimes it states there was a fire in the house, the wife died, illness struck the household and so on.  

This was written so that the district writer (häradsskrivaren) had some documentation to show the county office (landskontoret) why the grand total of tax payments was lower than expected.

Sometimes it is suggested that some additional lines were written in these avkortningslängder so that a little money went to the left so to speak:-)

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna