ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Arbrå Mantalslängd 1694 Bogården 2  (läst 918 gånger)

2015-07-30, 05:03
läst 918 gånger

Utloggad Timothy Blomquist

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 20
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-10-04, 06:24
    • Visa profil
This is a notation made next to the Farmers' name, Mårten Nilsson.  His father was (Nils Mårtensson) and the farmer until 1690. For several years, you see the name hustru Sigurd in place of the Farmers name.  Then in 1695 you find this. I need some help translating this and what is the meaning of the woman Sigurd shown as the Farmer?

Thanks for any help on this.
Regards,
Timothy Blomquist

2015-07-30, 09:34
Svar #1

Utloggad Heikki Särkkä

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2200
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-09-02, 15:00
    • Visa profil
Wife Sigrid, farmer Mårten Nilsson's mother-in-law, died last fall/autumn.

2015-07-30, 15:03
Svar #2

Utloggad Timothy Blomquist

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 20
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-10-04, 06:24
    • Visa profil
Heikki, thank you for looking at this.  I have seen this several times in Arbrå when the father's name is replaced by hustru______
for a few years, then the son's name shows up for the farm.  The question is many times; is this the father's wife or enka, or is this the son's wife?  Confusing indeed.

Regards,
Timothy Blomquist

2015-07-30, 17:59
Svar #3

Utloggad Heikki Särkkä

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2200
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-09-02, 15:00
    • Visa profil
When a farmer dies, the wife's name comes up in the mantalslängd as a sign that she is now the legal owner of the farm /holder of the torp. Try using the church records if available. If none are extant, peruse the court records (domböcker).

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna