ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Seeking Ancestor photos  (läst 776 gånger)

2004-01-13, 17:42
läst 776 gånger

karen pauley

Is there a best place to post request photos of ancestors?

2004-01-14, 11:05
Svar #1

Utloggad Maria Svärd

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 141
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-08-19, 08:35
    • Visa profil
Hi Karen,

You can try underPorträttfynd at the main menu.
There is a part called Fotografer i äldre tider.
Maybe you can find the answers there.
It is all in Swedish, I do not know if you understand our language?

Brgds
Maria SVärd

2004-01-14, 17:20
Svar #2

karen pauley

Maria,
Thank you so much.  I have a cousin who had posted a query in a different area and had not gotten a response.  I also would like to post a query requesting photos of my gggrandmother and gggrandfather.This helps a lot!!!
Regards,
Karen

2004-01-15, 07:13
Svar #3

Utloggad Eva Dahlberg

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4039
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-12, 18:31
    • Visa profil
Karen, Porträttfynd is not a section to put requests FOR a photo but to perhaps ask ABOUT a photo you own.

You can search Porträttfynd for any of your relatives or parish names, but the data to post and to add to the database must have a photo to go with it.

There is no obvoius existing place to request a photo. Perhaps under a very clear headline like this one, but directly under Gamla bilder (ie old pictures) not under Photographers and ateliers, where just those are supposed to be discussed (not easy to know I admit!).

Finding photos is not easy unless you find relatives, and as always the big difficulty is that people have photos but don't know the names of the people on it (that's the reason for creating Porträttfynd).

One possibility is to contact the so called Hembygdsförening (local history society) in the relevant area to ask them. Also to put a request in paper of the local genealogical society. The addresses of those you may get by posting under each parish in Anbytarforum.

Regards,
Eva

2004-01-18, 02:00
Svar #4

karen

Eva,  
Thanks for your suggestions.  I will try to find the local historical and genealogical societies.  Just today I found hidden in my dad's closet an old box of family photos (sadly, most are unidentified.) Some are from Sweden and some from U.S.  
I always appreciate the advice I receive and have discovered much about the search process!!  
Regards,
Karen

2007-06-25, 10:22
Svar #5

roy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna