ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Ziervogel  (läst 1602 gånger)

2005-06-16, 20:16
läst 1602 gånger

Coral Anna Cartwright

I would have thought this was a name that originated in Holland, but it would seem that my ancestors were definitely born in Sweden.  Can anyone tell me more about the name and how it became Swedish?

2005-06-16, 21:49
Svar #1

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 21964
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-16, 20:58
    • Visa profil
Ziervogel is a German name, you will find a genealogy here: http://kunze.ahnenforschung.net/familienforschung/as/ziervogel.htm

Ziervogels' lived in Stockholm from at least the 18th century. Pharmacist/druggist seems to have been an 'inherited' profession. Samuel Ziervogel was the pharmacist of Swedish king Karl XII.  
In the 19th century population registers of Stockholm there are several Ziervogels. See www.ssa.stockholm.se - Register och databaser - Register till mantalsuppgifter - and, for example, 'år (year) 1855' - Filter - Efternamn (surname): write Ziervogel, and you will find a family of six persons. (The 1855 register is the only one where family members; wife and children, are listed.)  

Who were your Ziervogel ancestors?
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2005-06-16, 21:51
Svar #2

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
I have a number of Ziervogel ancestors in my database, maybe I can help you with information, if you tell who your ancestors were?

2005-06-17, 20:21
Svar #3

Utloggad Carl-Fredrik Hanzon

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1959
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-08-09, 16:27
    • Visa profil
One member of the Ziervogel family was nobilited with the namne Rotlöben (Rothlöben?), a name taken from his mothers´s side. This was in the end of the seventeenth century or perhaps in the very beginning of the eighteenth century.

2006-05-26, 21:04
Svar #4

Gunnel Bridell

My grand grandmother was born with the name Hertha Ziervogel. She lived in Stockholm. She was related to Samuel Ziervogel who served under the swedish king  Karl XII.

2010-03-03, 05:51
Svar #5

Utloggad Rosalie Enstrom

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 113
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-06-11, 03:45
    • Visa profil
Hi, I too have a number of Ziervogels in our family history.   Our great grandmother Sara Susanna Ziervogel was married to Hendrik Willem van Breda in South Africa and in fact the Ziervogels were very influential in South Africa.    i am sure that the families are related as all the details seem to be the same.  Any further information on this family would be appreciated.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna