ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Variation of Last Name of Female Child  (läst 414 gånger)

2005-07-19, 01:34
läst 414 gånger

Joyce Philpot

I have a household exam record for Anna Mansdotter (GID:277.5.74400). Her birth is listed as 15 September 1752 in Brunneby. I located a record for that date (GID:277.15.40300). The father is Nils Mansson - mother Kierstin Jonsdotter. Would it be possible for her to take the name Mansdotter instead of Nilsdotter after her father's first name - or is it that this is not the same person?

2005-07-19, 08:42
Svar #1

Lena Persson

I think you?ve got the wrong Anna. In those days the normal thing was to get your last name from your father?s first, just as you say. This Anna would then be a Nilsdotter.
In the middle to late 1800s people began to take their father?s last name instead, and only the -son form. If Anna had been born, say 1880, she could have been called Månsson, just like her father.
I suggest that you look up all Annas born in Brunneby this year, and maybe the years after and before, too. Sometimes people have been mixed up, and a person got stuck with another?s data, which can follow them through life.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna