ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Swedish great grandfathers with name klang and bowman  (läst 717 gånger)

2000-02-06, 21:09
läst 717 gånger

Lawrence

my great grandfathers on fathers side and mothers side of our family immigrated to the usa from sweden from say, 1850 to 1890. klang was said to be a military name, i believe his other name was brons or something like that. He came from sodermanland. they first settled in minn. then homesteaded in wn. boman sailed from sweden as a young boy and travelled the world. he was a sea capt. and lived in so. america for 20 some yrs. then homesteaded in wn. i would like to know about my ancestry. they lived very long and i knew them both when i was very young.

2000-05-01, 11:34
Svar #1

Utloggad Michael Carlsson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 41
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-09-15, 20:43
    • Visa profil
Klang could be translated to chime (as from a bell). Klockans klang - The chime of a (church) bell. The brons name = bronze-the metal alloy, sounds like a family joke or something, very suitful for a man with such a sounding name...
Klang is definetly a soldier´s name. Perhaps one should associate to sounds from the battle field rather than church bells, concerning this fact.

2000-06-15, 22:06
Svar #2

Utloggad Peter Bernhardsson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 260
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-03, 23:21
    • Visa profil
Hi Lawrence
Could you tell me the names of your ancestors Klang. On my grandmother´s side are there at least two generations of Klang, soldiers,  in the end of the 18:th century and beginning of th 19:th. They all lived in Södermanland. Otherwise  there´s a soldier-archive containing (almost) every soldier from our county. Regarding the family name, the first Klang served both as a soldier and a verger. Maybe church-bells aren´t so unlikely.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna