ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Sohlberg  (läst 651 gånger)

2001-05-07, 12:31
läst 651 gånger

Bob Williams

Can anyone help me please? Seeking information on ancestry of Caroline (or Brigitta Caroline) Sohlberg, husband of Carl de Flon, parents of Anders Frederic de Flon, born Stockholm 29 July 1832. A brother Andrew (Anders?) G Sohlberg is known to have migrated to United States and owned a farm in Minnesota in 1870s. Thank you in advance.

2001-05-09, 02:02
Svar #1

Utloggad Lena A Löfström

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 964
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-11-01, 10:39
    • Visa profil
Hi Bob,

I think I might have found the right Caroline for you. The source is the Söder-skivan a CD with the population in a part of Stockholm called Söder.

Brigitta Karolina de Flon /Sahlberg/, born 27 July 1811.

lived 1878  at Stadsträdgårdsgatan no.17 in Stockholm.

Widow (late husband manufacturer)with two children:
1. Ida Maria de Flon, born 8 March 1836 in Varberg, Halland County, she left for the US in 1883.
2. Anna Margareta Elisabet de Flon, born 18 November 1845 in Grytnäs, Kopparberg County

As you can see her maiden name was not Sohlberg but Sahlberg, or rather it could have been either one of them as one can't always trust the clerk who wrote their names down.

Well, this is at least a beginning and you may know start to trace her back to her parents.

Best hunting!
Lena A L

2001-05-09, 14:09
Svar #2

Bob Williams

Hi Lena,
Thank you so much. I believe you really have found the right Caroline, there simply could not be so great a coincidence. It is a long story, but I am descended from Anders de Flon who arrived in Sydney Australia in 1857. I tried searching for his parents 20 or so years ago, and got nowhere. I have no documentation of his father's name, but do have a certified copy of his marriage certificate which gives his mother's name as Caroline Luhlberg. It is only recently when I started searching on the Internet, and got zero hits to a worldwide search for the one word Luhlberg that I started to question the certificate. I do have a letter written to Anders by his brother in 1878 in which he refers to an uncle, who owned a farm in Minnesota. The two page letter, written on both sides on fine paper has remained folded for, I assume, more than 100 years, and is falling apart. The uncle's name is written on a fold. However, reassembling the letter, darkening it in photocopying, and then using a bright light and magnifying glass, it was possible to make the name out to be Sohlberg and this was confirmed by finding a Land Record in his uncle's name. Yes, clerks do make mistakes in writing down.
Out of curiosity, how did you come to be looking at Sohlberg message board? Do you have a connection?
Thanks again
Bob

2001-05-11, 12:37
Svar #3

Utloggad Lena A Löfström

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 964
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-11-01, 10:39
    • Visa profil
Yes Bob, I do have a Sohlberg connection but I don't know if it does fit in to your Sohlberg family as I have not yet had the time to follow that particular line in my genealogy. If I find anything I will sure let you know.

Best regards
Lena A L

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna