ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Landeen,is this a common surname in Sweden?  (läst 658 gånger)

2000-08-04, 20:06
läst 658 gånger

Ishbel Cormack

My grandfather was August John Landeen born May 15 1855 in Sweden. He changed his name to Landeen when he went to the USA in 1876 or 1877.
If it is not a frequently used surname, I was wondering if there was a particular part of Sweden where it was used more than any other.  
I am having a very difficult time locating his birth place or his home at the time of his departure to USA. We thought that he might have come from a place called Mossebo but we have not been able to confirm this so must look again.
His name may have been Johan August Andersson in Sweden. We have no proof of this .  
Any help would be appreciated.

2000-08-04, 21:19
Svar #1

Utloggad Christina Backman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 833
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-04-22, 18:01
    • Visa profil
Ishbel! The spelling in Swedish would be  
Landin . The name is not particularly common.  
Mossebo occurs in Kalmar län (village),  
Jönköpings län (farm & village) and Älvsborgs  
län (village, farm & kommun).
Hope this helps Christina.    .

2000-08-06, 23:49
Svar #2

Utloggad Stefan E Sundbäck

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 392
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Ishbel!
I know there is a family Landin coming from Lansjärv, Överkalix parish, Norrbottens län. I don't know if this is the family you are looking for, but it could be worth a check.

Many greetings from the north part of Sweden!
Stefan

2000-08-07, 10:04
Svar #3

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
In the new Sveriges dödbok, which gives the names of all deceased persons in Sweden from 1970 to 1999, there are 770 Landins, which makes it a fairly common surname.

2000-08-07, 23:27
Svar #4

S Lindqvist

In my hometown there are at least seven families with the surname Landén

2000-08-08, 01:48
Svar #5

Ishbel Cormack

I have found an web site with a data base about the 1890 census. It covers the north of Sweden and there are several Landins mentioned on it.
Thank you all for answering me.
S. Lindqvist where is your home town?

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna