ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Is the name Unkle Funuon a Swedish name?  (läst 1179 gånger)

1999-10-24, 01:10
läst 1179 gånger

Swedish Names

Am researching my Swedish roots.  Janis Martensson Bailey.

1999-10-24, 01:20
Svar #1

Swedish Names

Is the nsame Unckle Fonuon a swedish name.  Janis Martensson Bailey

1999-10-24, 19:46
Svar #2

Elsie Martin

Hello Janis,
In researching family roots it is important to have the name of the family member, the birthdate, the parish from which the person emigrated, and if possible the date of emigration.  The name that you have given - Unckle Fonuon - is not recognisable.  Unckle could stand for its counterpart in Swedish - Onkel.  Could you go back to your sources and try to find the above mentioned information and respond and be able to help you.
Best wishes,
Elsie Martin in Minneapolis, MN

1999-11-02, 21:25
Svar #3

Janis Martensson

My research indicates the pedigree of Unkle Fonuon to be:  Jons Hansson-born 13 Oct, 1776 in O.Odarslov,Malmohus,Sweden, died 16 Mar 1829 in Gardstanga,Malmohus, Sweden, his wife was Maria Andersson, born 24 Jun 1760 in Getinge,Gardstanga,Malmohus,Sweden and died 6 Jan 1835 in the same place. Then Jons Hansson parents were Hans Akesson and Malena Mickelsson.  Malena Mikelsson had the father Unkle Fonuon with no other information.

1999-11-03, 00:39
Svar #4

Utloggad Carl-Fredrik Hanzon

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1959
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-08-09, 16:27
    • Visa profil
Malena Mickelsson could not have had a father named Unkle as his surname. His name must probably have been Mickel. (But Malena was probably called Mickelsdotter (= Mickel´s daughter), and not Mickelsson, becauce of the name-traditions in this period). My suggestion is that you have read the name Mickel as Unkle. And that Fonuon really is a name (inpossible to say what with no further information) ending with -son, like most of the swedish names of that time.  

There IS a possibility (but not very probable), that the person really is a uncle (onkel) But it that case he can definitley not be her father in the same time.

1999-11-03, 09:09
Svar #5

Utloggad Bo Skoglund

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 118
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-11-15, 10:12
    • Visa profil
My guess is that Fonuon may be Jonson or Jonsson. To be more sure, compare the capital in the microfiche with other names such as Johan, Jan and Jon, all short forms of Johannes. I have the feeling that Jon is more common in the south of Sweden.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna