ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Hans and Johan  (läst 626 gånger)

2007-08-01, 04:25
läst 626 gånger

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 62
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-04-25, 02:16
    • Visa profil
I have an ancestor that I mostly find under the given name of Hans.  But I found a baptism entry in the parish records for one of his sons where his name is listed as Johan.  Virtually all other records use Hans. Since Hans is apparently short for Johan or Johannes, would Johan be his actual birth name, or did the priest just make that assumption when writing the record?

Art

2007-08-01, 09:47
Svar #1

Utloggad Elisabet Arvidsson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-04-10, 00:47
    • Visa profil
To answer your questions --Hans can be a short for Johannes. Normaly is Johan short for Johannes.
If you have the church-book for the family (or GIDnr for internetpicture in Genline) we can read by our self and help you better.
My guess is that the birthname is Johannes and the parents give him a nickname like Hans.
The priest must write down wath the parents say.

Elisabet

2007-08-01, 17:37
Svar #2

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 62
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-04-25, 02:16
    • Visa profil
The GID reference is 2734.120.38600.  The entry is for the birth/baptism of Carl Peter b. 6 Jun 1768.  The father is listed as Johan Berggren and mother is Helena Charlotta Svedberg (looks like Charlotta has been shortened).  The date, parish, parents names all fit, so I believe this is the correct entry.  But in other places the father's name is listed as Hans Berggren.  The last name is sometimes spelled Bargren or Barrgren, but is mostly Berggren.

Art

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna