ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Husförhörlangd Help Please - Fröjered  (läst 1180 gånger)

2012-06-12, 23:49
läst 1180 gånger

Utloggad Kathryn Stone

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 133
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-08, 07:34
    • Visa profil
I would really appreciate some help discerning what is written in the following record:
Skaraborg, Fröjered > Husförhör 1790-1802 (AI:3) > 1513.12.52200, page 46 Annafors bruk

1. I had presumed that Anka Kerstin Jönsdotter was Sven Larsson's widowed mother.  Maybe wrong?
Either way, her death is written as ?Jun 5? 1793, but the most likely match for the death of Kerstin is on May 10: Cherstin daughter of Jon - Anka pä Kälare backen [See Död (C:2) page 315] In marriage and death records Sven names his mother as Kerstin Svensdotter.

2.Line #6 Mor. Anna Andersdotter Is this someone's mother? What county is Dala in? Where does it say she came from in 1793?
In the marriage record for Sven and Stina, she names her parents as Ol. Carlsson and Anna Larsdotter. Her death record says only Olaf and Anna.

[To help clarify the Hfl list, Sven and Stina have 3 children at this time: Maria born 1790, Christina born 1794, Anna Brita born 1798]

3. Sven Larsson is said to have been born in Småland. How do I look that up in Church records? There is no Småland in the county list and I know it is not a parish.

4. In other husförhörlangd, Stina Olofsdotter is said to have been born in Hvarf.  According to Google, Hvarf is now Varv. Is that correct? So I should be looking in Varv, Skaraborg?

5. This husförhörs record shows Sven and Stina as married in 1788 Dec 27. I read the record as 1788 Oct 27. It is a confusing entry - would someone please take a look at it?  [Fröjered > Vigsel (E:1) > 1769-1854 > page 31]

Sorry to be so needy. Soon as I think that I can manage this on my own now, I realize that I still cannot.

Please accept my unending gratitude for all your help,

Kathryn

2012-06-13, 13:28
Svar #1

Utloggad Bo Johansson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 247
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-07-05, 11:17
    • Visa profil
Place-name: Annefors bruk, Kålars

Änka (widow), not anka (duck)!

1. Since both the widow Kerstin Jönsdotter and Sven Larsson were born in Småland, it seems reasonable to assume she is his mother, but could also be step-mother. Or not related...

2. Mor should mean mother of the head of household, that is Sven Larson... Perhaps his mother-in-law instead?
There is a Dala parish in Skaraborg county.

3. Småland is a province with 3 counties: Jönköping, Kronoberg, and Kalmar.

4. Probably. There is also a Varv parish in östergötland.

5. They had banns read 28 Sep, 5 Oct and 12 Oct, but were married 27 Dec.

// Bo Johansson

(Meddelandet ändrat av Bojoha 2012-06-13 13:29)

(Meddelandet ändrat av Bojoha 2012-06-13 13:30)

2012-06-13, 19:00
Svar #2

Utloggad Anders Karlsson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 270
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-01, 20:41
    • Visa profil
Hi Kathryn,

1) In HFL it says 10 not IU, so may 10th. Formats for old swedish dates are Day over Month or Day/Month.

/Anders

2012-06-14, 15:45
Svar #3

Utloggad Moderator English

• Moderator *****
  • Antal inlägg: 62
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-05-13, 20:07
    • Visa profil
Tre poster på svenska rörande generell fråga om adressering till Anbytarforum/Rötter
har flyttats HIT eftersom de inte har med denna tråd att göra.

2012-06-14, 16:35
Svar #4

Utloggad Kathryn Stone

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Bo and Anders,

Thank you for your answers  . . .  and corrections! (smile)  
I imagine you get some pretty humorous reading from time to time due to mis-spelling.

Your information spurred me to take another look at things, and with another day of digging I've been able to determine all the correct family connections with birth, death and husförhör records.  
You were right, the Mor. Anna Andersdotter was the mother-in-law, as was the assumption that Änka Kerstin Jönsdotter was the mother of Sven Larsson.

So, another little branch on the family tree has been added, and once again I have you to thank.
Tack så mycket!

Kathryn

2012-06-14, 19:31
Svar #5

Utloggad Anders Karlsson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Kathryn,

I have to correct my self since it is still common to use the old way of writing dates which comes in conflict when writing in english as you know (English date mm/dd yyyy, Swedish date dd/mm yyyy). The prefered format today is yyyy-mm-dd which will get a better sorting for dates in ie Excel. I work with computers so I know the difficulty to decifer dates and even time for us swedes, since we are used with 24 hour time format in writing but we still use 12 hour time format when talking. I have great problems with AM/PM (fm/em in swedish) and always forget which is which.  

/Anders

2012-06-14, 19:48
Svar #6

Utloggad Kathryn Stone

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Anders,

I can't figure out what you are correcting.  You were right, and it was very helpful, to point out that what I was reading as JU or IU was actually 10. And with a 5 below it, it was a perfect match for the 10/May death record.

Kathryn

2012-06-14, 20:42
Svar #7

Utloggad Anders Karlsson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Kathryn,

What I was correcting was that the old formats are still in use. In my previous note it could be interped that they where not.

/Anders

2012-06-15, 09:38
Svar #8

Utloggad John Bentley

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 234
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-09-16, 21:10
    • Visa profil
A minor disagreement and perhaps clarification.  (English date mm/dd yyyy, Swedish date dd/mm yyyy). The prefered format today is yyyy-mm-dd.  

What you term the English date is frequently encountered in the USA, but it is never used in the UK.  To the best of my knowledge, dd/mm/yy and dd/mm/yyyy are the most used in the UK today, / or -.  The month can come first only if the first 3 letters of the month are used eg Jun 15, 2012, when there can be no confusion, and this is not unusual, though I submit that 15 Jun 2012 is again most used, note with the full year.

2012-06-15, 13:29
Svar #9

Utloggad Anders Karlsson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi John,

Sorry for my mistake. I assumed that UK and US had the same format. I was thinking before writing, maybe it differ, but I never checked. My mistake.

/Anders

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna