ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: GID entries, Undersvik, Gävleborg - help needed  (läst 932 gånger)

2011-09-05, 08:03
läst 932 gånger

Utloggad Kathryn Stone

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 133
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-08, 07:34
    • Visa profil
I need a few words translated and explained from the following Undersvik GID entries.
Mostly these are occupation words I think.  I want to understand what these ancestors did for their work.
Thank you for your help.

> GID 2328.19.102000 [Gävleborg] Undersvik C:1, Födde 1709-1799, page 88
  Anna born July 25 1795 to Lars Matsson - what is the word before the name Lars Matsson?  

> GID 2328.15.32900 [Gävleborg] Undersvik AI:3, Husförhör 1800-1807, page 60
  The same Lars Matsson is listed at the top of the page, now what is the word before his name?
  and what is written at the top of the column? [Uthedesfolk? i Kyrkbyn?] and under that [---? - - ? Roten?]

> GID 2328.18.83900 [Gavleborg] Undersvik AI:6, Husförhör 1833-1845, page 30
   What is written above the first name Mårten Jönsson? [FördelsTorparen?]

> GID 2328.2.21700 [Gävleborg] Undersvik AI:14, Husförhör 1886-1895, page 122
  At No. 12, Anders Svensson, what is written in the comments column?

And lastly,
> GID 100007.95.12100 [Kronoberg] Bergunda SCB, Födde 1933, Image 1
  At No.2, what is this person's name?

As always, I am so grateful for everyone's help!
Kathryn

2011-09-05, 16:06
Svar #1

Utloggad Bo Johansson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 247
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-07-05, 11:17
    • Visa profil
1) Lars Mattsson's title is possibly Husman (cottager).

2) I think his title is Husman (cottager).

Uthedesfolk i Kyrkbyn (uthedes people in Kyrkbyn), hörer till norra Roten (belongs to the north rote).

Uthedes means outside the village, but on the properties of the village, and uthedesfolk just lived there, they did not own the land.

3) Fördelstagaren means he received support in some manner.

BTW, the people on this page are utanvidsfolk, the same as uthedesfolk.

4) On line 28:  för äktenskas ledighets betyg till Hvitsand = free-to-marry certificate to Vitsand (Värmland county?).

His wife died 1887, and he moved 1892 to Vitsand.

5) number 2 born 1 Jan 1933 is Tore Villy Sixten (I think...).

// Bo Johansson

2011-09-05, 20:35
Svar #2

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Utanvidsfolk is in the north what was called backstugusittare in the south - cottagers. They had a small cottage but except for enough room for a kitchen garden where they grew potatoes, cabbage etc. and kept a pig, some hens and perhaps a goat or two there was no land to cultivate. People who lived there were wholly dependent on doing seasonal and odd jobs for farmers (they were in effect the labour pool; farm-hands were hired for a whole year but you had to have extras for the harvest etc.)
Some, notably craftsmen, couldn't really manage a croft because the croft had fields to cultivate; if they had one it had to be run by the wife and the kids - not always a possibility.

Today people tend to think of backstugor as the poorest sort of dwellings, not fit to keep the weather out, but most of them didn't differ very much from crofts. Not that crofts were palaces of course.

Ingela

2011-09-06, 08:35
Svar #3

Utloggad Björn Engström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1159
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-07, 10:24
    • Visa profil
Utanvidsfolk is not the right same as Backstugusittare. Sometimes the same but mostly not. Utanvidsfolk live on a smaller area than the bigger farm and mostly on the farms land in an other place in the village or in an other village. Perhaps is the correct word yard. Sometimes is this yard a small farm with perhaps 10 acres land and sometimes only a house with 1 acre land there the family live and the father was craftsman. In Hälsingland (Gävleborg) is mostly utanvidsfolk bigger than other places but is could be different between yards and parish.  

Husman is mostly a brother or other relative to a farmer. Sometimes he has own land and sometimes he own some land together with his relative. Sometimes husman had own animals and own house but sometimes not and he live together the relatives. A common title in the place who come people from Finland and they build new farms in the forest.

2011-09-06, 15:18
Svar #4

Utloggad Kathryn Stone

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 133
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-08, 07:34
    • Visa profil
Bo -
once again thank you for your quick response with answers to all my questions! You have often been my chief translator and explainer, and for that I am ever grateful.

Ingela and Björn -
thank you so much for your input, I am learning so much! Getting this level of background information really helps me to imagine the daily life these people may have had, and I really appreciate that.

Thank you, thank you,
tack så mycket!

Kathryn

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna