ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Translation help, please  (läst 648 gånger)

2010-03-15, 01:51
läst 648 gånger

Utloggad Mary Nelson Keithahn

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 81
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-01-17, 06:45
    • Visa profil
    • www.hymnsetc.com
Could someone verify that I am translating this right:

Bengta bodde i Tommaboda tills. med sin oäkta son Alfred Jönsson född 79.01/14 utom äktenskap med NN

Bengta was living in Tommaboda when her illegitimate son Alfred Jönsson was born January 14, 1879, outside of marriage.  (In the dictionary I used oäkta was translated false so I'm not sure this is right.  Bengta's last name was Jönsdotter, so I assume a child without a known father would take her name.  But what does 'med NN mean?

Also, in a baptismal record of godparents (sponsors) how is this translated:

dr Nils Persson i ibm. piga Hanna Oldsdotter I ibm.

This note follows:
Modern änkan Elna Persdotter bor i undantagsstugan. I backstugan bor Jöns syster Hanna Olsdotter tills. m. sina barn. Torp nr 5 i Tommaboda, auktion på hus och lösöre 1955. Husen nedrvna. Nya hus har byggts numera.  

(I think that when she was widowed Elna lived in some kind of cottage, and then in a cottage with Jöns sister Hanna Olsdotter until her children were born.  The family home at Torp nr 5 in Tommaboda and all her personal property were auctioned off in 1955.  The house was torn down and a new house was built in its place.  Is this anything close to what the Swedish means?

Thanks to anyone who can give me some help!  Mary

2010-03-15, 09:30
Svar #1

Utloggad Stefan Dake

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2536
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-16, 17:20
    • Visa profil
Hello Mary!

Your translation is very good!

tills. m. = tillsammans med = together with.
NN is a latin abbreviation for Nomen Nescio, I don't know the name, i.e. an unknown person, John Doe.
ibm is also a latin abbreviation, ibidem, meaning in/from the same place, referring to an earlier mentioned place.

Elna lived in one cottage and Hanna in another together with her children.

About the types of cottages, see the discussion 'backstuga and torvhydda' under this very topic.

Regards
Stefan
Stefan Dake

2010-03-15, 23:40
Svar #2

Utloggad Gunnar Håkansson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 528
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-01-13, 08:55
    • Visa profil
Bengta lived in Tommaboda together with her illegitimate son Alfred Jönsson, born January 14, 1879, outside of marriage with anybody.
The farmhand Nils Persson in the same place  the female assistant Hanna Olsdotter in the same place
The mother and widow Elna Persdotter lives in the cottage she still owned (with some land)(not sold with the farm). In the small cottage (without any land) does Jöns's sister Hanna Olsdotter, with her childen, live. Croft No. 5 in Tommaboda, house, furniture, and all goods auctioned off in 1955. Houses are torn down. New houses have been built nowadays.

In all, good translation by you!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna