ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Undantagsman  (läst 802 gånger)

2001-12-07, 22:51
läst 802 gånger

Loyd Miller

Can someone please give me a translation of the wordundantagsman?

2001-12-08, 00:38
Svar #1

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 21988
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 22:13
    • Visa profil
Hello Loyd,
Undantag means exception. When an old farmer left his farm to his son (or son-in-law or another successor) a cottage was excepted from the transfer for him and his wife. A contract was signed, giving the old couple free board and lodging as long as they lived.
And the old farmer was called ”undantagsman”.
Kind regards,
Maud
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2001-12-08, 00:40
Svar #2

Bosse Forsström

Släktdata has a glossary at http://www.slaktdata.org/sv/lexikon , and it gives this explanation:

undantag  (pension in natura) - allowance (in kind) (in compensation for the cession of a farm)

undantagshjon - person living on undantag

When a farmer got to old to farm his land, he often handed it over to his children. They had to support their parents for the rest of their lives, and sometimes they also got a cottage of their own. It was the pension of that time.

Mvh Bosse F

2001-12-08, 02:49
Svar #3

Loyd Miller

My thanks to Maude and Bosse for the information on undantagsman. Also, I can't believe how quickly you both answered my question.We Swedes are incredible!

2007-04-14, 07:13
Svar #4

carriejo

Jämtland For 118.1.55500 Gen line (page 174)
The abbrevation UN: is in front of a Carin Larsdotter does it mean undantagsman?

Thanks Carrie
carriejo@ywave.com

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna