ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Translation, please, ON and vä in Clerical Record  (läst 695 gånger)

2004-05-08, 03:57
läst 695 gånger

Marian Ekholm

On a microfilm of Clerical Records for Ekeby in Östergotland 1894 - 1900, I have found my husband's grandmother with her 4 children.  We realize that she was not married at that time so understand the ON over the children's names indicates they were illegitimate, but the second child has vä over his name.  Can someone please explain this?  Also there are 2 letters before the grandmother's name - pw.  Would this be an abbreviation for pigan - maid?  Thank you for your help in this.     Marian

2004-05-08, 11:48
Svar #1

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Marian,

It must be OÄ, an abbreviation för oäkta, that means illegitimate in English.
Do You have the number of the Clerical Records?

Piga is most abbreviated P., I dont know if there is Pw.
Do You have the page where You found it?

Regards

Sam

2004-05-08, 14:15
Svar #2

Marian Ekholm

Hi, Sam,
The FHC film is #1043053, page 629.  The top of the page says Torssebo which I *guessed* was the name of the farm.  Line 1 is Adolf Jeremias Jonson.  I could not read the letters by his name, but assumed he was the owner of the farm. Lines 7 - 11 are *drangs* which I understand are farm workers.
 On line 16 is Amelia Matilda Wester who is my husband's grandmother.  The writing was difficult for me to read, and my copy is even less legible.
Any help you can give me would be very much appreciated.  My husband's father never spoke of his years in Sweden and, although we know the names on his mother's side of the family we would like to know more about the Ekholm line.
Thank you.  Marian

2004-05-08, 14:59
Svar #3

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Marian,

The abbreviation for the children are 'oä. in all cases. oä is an abbreviation för oäkta, that means illegitimate child.

It is difficult to read the first two letters on the line in front of the name Amelia Matilda Wester. Can anyone helpe us?  Torsebo, Ekeby, AI:23, page 629, line 16,
GID 281.44.11600

Regards

Sam

2004-05-08, 19:49
Svar #4

Monica Johansson

Hi Marian,
I'll go to the Archives on Monday the 10th here in Stockholm. I will look it up then and also the records of the births. Will be back on Monday evening.
Kind regards,
Monica

2004-05-09, 02:17
Svar #5

Marian Ekholm

Sam & Monica,  I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me.  
Most sincerely,    Marian

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna